Chapter 14: Princess and the first magic lesson
5.1k 55 154
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am waiting for Hina to come to the adventure guild's training field. Since I came here 15 minutes before the meeting time, so there is no sign of Hina coming yet. Then I see a person slowly enter the training field, It's Hina.

-Oh, you already come. Have you waited for me for so long? (Hina)

-No, I just come here, so don't worry. (Farah)

-Hmm, is that so? (Hina)

-......(Farah)

It's hard to start a conversation with Hina since we just met yesterday.

-How about start the class by introducing ourselves? (Hina)

-I'm Hina, a royal mage from Ecrax's country. (Hina)

-I'm Farah, a noble from Acedian. (Farah)

Hina makes a suspicious face when she heard my statement.

-You don't sound like a person from Acedian. (Hina)

-Ehh...(Farah)

Hina ignored me and change the topic:

-Then we already know each other, now let's start the class. (Hina)

-Yes...(Farah)

-Do you know what is magic, Farah? (Hina)

-Is magic create from mana? (Farah)

-Yes, anything else? (Hina)

-...I don't know. (Farah)

-Seem like you don't even know the basic of using magic. (Hina)

-I'm sorry. (Farah)

-No, this is better. A blank page is easier to teach. (Hina)

-Using magic is much difficult than using mechanical equipment. Unlike mechanic users, they just insert the mana inside and let the machine do all the hard work. (Hina)

A mage often needs doing 4 steps before she can cast a spell:
+Relase: Release mana outside of your body.
+Maintain: Maintaining the mana outside of your body and don't let it disappear within the environment around you.
+Convert: Convert your mana into the desired element. (wind, fire, etc)
+Activation: Released the spell. (Hina)

-Any question? (Hina)

-Teacher Hina why some mechanic can't use magic and vice versa? (Farah)

-Good question you have there, Farah. (Hina)

-Because mechanic and mage released a different type of mana. (Hina)

-Ahh...(Farah)

-The mechanic usually releases "positive" energy; this kind of energy can make the machine work. On the other hand, the mage usually releases "negative" energy; this type of energy can't make the machine work. (Hina)

-So why does why magic consider negative energy, Hina? (Farah)

-One of the very reasons as I told you, the energy that magician released can't make the machine work so it considers a negative energy power source. And the other reason. (Hina)

Hina creates 10 flames lance around her.

-We, mages can create anything from thin air. It considers as negative since we take elements from nature and use them to activate the spell. Some people call us sinners because we try copying the way goddesses fight. Some planets even despise magicians to the extreme like people from Acedian. So let me ask again...Who are you? (Hina)

Hina aims those fire lance at me. She looks at me seriously; a lot of bloodlusts are released like yesterday:

-I can't tell you, but I promise I want more power to protect the one dear to me(Farah)

Hina ignores me and starts going closer to me:

-Please listen to me Hina, I'm not lying to you. (Farah)

I closed my eyes and hear the sound of Hina walking closer to me.

-I believe you. (Hina)

As I open my eyes, Hina's face is right in front of me and looks right at my eyes.

-What a crybaby you are! (Hina)

With one flick from Hina's hand, all of the flame lance behind her start to disappear. Hina takes a handkerchief from her bag and gives it to me.

-Use it to wipe your tears. (Hina)

-Thank you. (Farah)

-I know you are not an Acedian. Since there is no way, an Acedian's person wants to learn magic. However, I want to test you a little, to see what kind of person you are. (Hina)

She scratches her head and continues:

-I thought you would at least fight back. I never expect you to cry. (Hina)

-I'm sorry...(Farah)

-It's not your fault. But Farah! (Hina)

-Yes? (Farah)

-Don't follow weird people on the street because they give you candy! (Hina)

-Don't treat me like me a kid! (Farah)

Hina smiles and said:

-Aye, I thought you were a kid. (Hina)

-Mooo... Hina you finally smile. It's your first smile since I meet you. (Farah)

Hina tries touching her face.

-Am I? I'm still too soft on kid. (Hina)

Hina pats my head:

-Now let's start practice, Farah. (Hina)

-Yes, teacher Hina. (Farah)

-Since you are a mechanic, it's easy for you to release the mana. So now try maintaining your mana in the environment. (Hina)

I try following her instructions. I release my mana into the air and try to keep them staying in one place. However, mana keeps go out of control and disappears into the environment.

-The first time is always hard. Farah tries to imagine holding a balloon and keep the mana of yours inside that balloon. (Hina)

This time I will try following Hina's advice, I can keep my mana in the imaginary balloon for 2 minutes, after that the mana keeps flowing out of the balloon and disappear into the thin air.

-That's great work for the second try. Now, Farah let's practice for one hour. (Hina)

After 1 hour, I now can maintain the mana outside for 5 minutes.

-That's all for today. It's very impressive of you to maintain the mana for 5 minutes in the first lesson. (Hina)

-Hgg~ Hah. (Farah)

I'm too tired right now, my mana pool almost dried up. Hina comes closer and gives me a piggyback.

-Get some rest; I will take you to that maid. (Hina)

-Myu~~(Farah)

I slowly let go of my consciousness.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hina goes to the front of the adventure guild to see Hana.

-Your master has almost dried up her mana. So please take care of her. (Hina)

Hina hands over Farah on her back to Hana.

-Thanks. (Hana)

When Hana tries to leave, Hina calls her:

-Hey, maid! (Hina)

-Hmm, what are you calling me for cheeky mage? I need to take my master back to the inn. (Hana)

-Why someone strong as you go around and protect a little girl? (Hina)

Hana makes a surprised face.

-Hoh, you noticed my strength? (Hana)

-Of course, even if you try to hide but the enormous mana around you tells other stories. (Hina)

-Tchh, so what do you want? (Hana)

-As I said, I want to know the reason why you are protecting her. (Hina)

-It's none of your business. (Hana)

Hana released her bloodlust and aim at Hina.

-But If you ever think of harming my master, I will crush every single thing dear to you. Then finally, I will crush and destroy you like an ant with my own hand. (Hana)

Hina responds to Hana's bloodlust as nothing:

-My, so scary. But I'm not that kind of teacher. I will never harm my cute student. (Hina)

After finishing talking, Hana walks out of the adventure guild. Due to Hana's bloodlust, many receptionists and adventure have faint. Hina can only scratch her head about this situation:

-Sigh, why do I even meet a monster in this remote village? Hope she won't interfere with my plan. (Hina)

154