Chapter 168: Interlude 64/ The Heart Once Closed-4 ✔️
623 11 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stolas's POV

-Stolas! (Farah)

The master runs to my side while holding an enormous basket.

-Eh! (Farah)

Master seems to trip over the rock. I dash and run toward the master.

-You should be careful, master. (Stolas)

-Ehehe, I'm sorry. (Farah)

I can merely utter a deep sigh and help master stand up.

-I told you don't have to bring me food every day, master. (Stolas)

-But you need to replenish your energy, Stolas. (Farah)

-I have told you I don't replenish my energy like an ordinary human. (Stolas)

-But you ate soup last time, Stolas. (Farah)

-I mean one in a while, not every day, master. (Stolas)

The one I said to master was merely lip service, but master takes it too seriously. She goes to my place and delivers the food every day. No matter how hard I try to push master away from me, she will come back the next day.

-Do you like any specific food, Stolas? (Farah)

-I can eat anything that master prepare for me. (Stolas)

-Boo! That's a boring answer! (Farah)

-... (Stolas)

-What's wrong, Stolas? (Farah)

Master stares at me, and her face seems to wonder why I stop talking.

- It will be great if it is some food made with strawberries. (Stolas)

-Heh, is that so? I will make it for you next time. (Farah)

The master forms a radiant smile after she heard my answer.

-My current master and others are weird. (Stolas)

The twins I saved, the master and other people inside the camp treat me like an ordinary person. They aren't scared of my power and don't fear the strength that I have.

-It's so weird. (Stolas)

-What's wrong, Stolas? (Farah)

-Nothing, master. (Stolas)

It may be not too bad if I enjoy these kindnesses a little, right?

-Once I return to my country, everything will become normal anyway. (Stolas)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the date with Beleth/ Stolas's POV

Master comes back really late with Beleth. I wonder what have these two done this evening. I can't help but go to Beleth's place and ask her.

-Oh, Stolas. (Beleth)

-Did you have a good time with the master, Beleth? (Stolas)

Beleth blushed and replies to me.

-Yes, we did. (Beleth)

-Have you confessed to her? (Stolas)

-...Yes. (Beleth)

-Uhm. (Stolas)

We didn't know how to continue our conversation. When I turn my back and try to leave, Beleth stops me.

-I didn't confess her out of pity, Stolas. (Beleth)

-Is that so? (Stolas)

-Yup, for this time only. I confessed to our master because I fell in love with the master at first sight. (Beleth)

-That's good for you then. You should treasure the master, Beleth. (Stolas)

-I will. (Beleth)

After hearing the answer from Beleth, I leave the camp and go outside.

-I should feel happy for them because they have found their happiness. (Stolas)

I stare at the sky and say to myself.

-Will master still direct her kindness to me even after she has Beleth as her girlfriend? (Stolas)

I can feel my heart is aching from my statement.

-It should be a good thing since her kindness is like poison to me. (Stolas)

But on the following day, the master still treats me as usual. She treats me with the same kindness and with the same smile. I try to ignore the frustrated heart beating in my chest and continue to escort her as usual.

In the afternoon, master sudden takes me out to the forest nearby. I wonder if she still has to gift a person in this place.

-Are you done yet, master? (Stolas)

-Two more people haven't received my gift. (Farah)

-Who is it, master? (Stolas)

Master suddenly tells me to bend down. I can feel she is doing something in my head. After master finishes messing with my head, she looks at me with a beaming smile.

-What is that, master? (Stolas)

Master takes out the hand mirror and shows the hair clip on my head.

-Ehehe, Isn't it cute? I think it fits you so much, Stolas? (Farah)

-I... (Stolas)

My chest feels very light when I stare at the hair clip she gave me.

-It's weird. (Stolas)

-What's wrong, Stolas? (Farah)

What's happening in my chest? I can't describe this feeling that I currently have. I shake my head and try to calm myself down.

-No, it's nothing. I will escort you back, master. (Stolas)

-Right, since it's too late, I will give Mashiro the gift tomorrow. (Farah)

After I escorted the master back to the tent, I spend many hours looking at the hair clip.

-Are you still looking at it, Stolas? (Beleth)

-Beleth. (Stolas)

The one who calls me out is Beleth. I'm really thankful for her sudden appearance like this. I need to fight to forget my unsettling feeling.

-Can you have a duel with me, Beleth? (Stolas)

-I won't duel with you, Stolas. (Beleth)

-Why? (Stolas)

-Because I don't want to see you run away from your feeling again. (Beleth)

-... (Stolas)

-You should confront your true feeling, Stolas. (Beleth)

-Right. (Stolas)

I should deal with these unsettling feelings in my chest. The sole option is to confront these emotions directly with the master. I leave the tent and Beleth behind.

-I should get rid of this feeling forever. (Stolas)

 

Thanks for reading (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

38