Chapter 197: The Despair Trial-4
622 28 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tia/Farah's POV

Sister Theresa didn't give up when she saw the monster is unscathed in front of her weapon. Sister Theresa suddenly calls out loud.

-Open inventory. (Sister Theresa)

-Voice confirmation: Code; Theresa. (Machine)

The command of sister Theresa activates some mechanics inside the church. The floor behind sister Theresa divides into two. A shelf contains full of guns pops out from the ground.

Sister Theresa takes those guns off the shelf and ties them around her body using a rope.

-Elana, you take Tia and run away. (Sister Theresa)

-But sister. (Elana)

-I said take her and run away. (Sister Theresa)

Sister Elana has no choice but to follow sister Theresa's command. Sister Elana bends down and helps me stand up.

-We need to go, Farah. (Elana)

-But sister Theresa. (Tia)

I turn to sister Theresa and find out she starts fighting against the beast.

Even when sister Theresa was heavily wounded, she still dodged all the needles coming at her.

-Die, you beast. (Sister Theresa)

While dodging all those needles, sister Theresa also counterattacks it at the same time.

-Tchhh, it's so hard. (Sister Theresa)

Sister Theresa keeps using a rifle to shoot at the beast. She turns to us and shouts out loud.

-What are you two both waiting for!! Please run away from here!!! (Sister Theresa)

Sister wraps her arm around my back, and we start running outside of the church.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sister Theresa's POV

After I confirmed Tia and Elana had successfully escaped, I directed my attention to the beast again.

-I never met a monster like this before. (Sister Theresa)

The bullet and the weapon I held can't damage the skin of the beast. The beast seems to realize that its needle attack can't hurt me. It changes its attack pattern by engaging in close combat with me.

-Grawllll!

For the first time, the beast roars at me. It stops standing on two legs and rushes toward me on four legs.

-Tchhh. (Sister Theresa)

I take out the knives from under the nun's clothes and throw them toward the beast. They bounced off the moment it touched the beast's skin. The beast keeps rushing toward me in the meantime.

-Huff! (Sister Theresa)

I take out many grenades and place them at the place where I stand.

-Grawllll!

When the beast is right in front of me, I utilize my strength to jump over it.

-Die, you beast! (Sister Theresa)

I take out a pistol and shoot at the grenades I laid on the ground. A tremendous explosion erupts when the bullet hit those grenades. The explosion also affected me and blew me away.

-Urgh! (Sister Theresa)

I manage to land safely a few metres away from the explosion.

-The explosion fractured few ribs of mine. (Sister Theresa)

I stared at the beast, who was unharmed even when it stood in the middle of the explosion.

-What a monster! (Sister Theresa)

The beast opens its mouth again and tries to shoot the needle at me.

-You can't hit me with the same trick, you know! (Sister Theresa)

However, the needle that comes out this time explodes in the midair before it can even reach me. Yellow powders come out of the exploded needle.

I instantly use my left hand to block my mouth and nose. But it seems to be too late since I feel the strength is leaving my body. I can't help but lie down on the ground and stare at the beast.

-Graww!

The beast walked to my side slowly when it saw me in this state.

-Hah! (Sister Theresa)

I can no longer move because of the combination of both poison and severe injury. The only thing I can do now is stare at the beast with hatred. The monster ignores it and fires a needle at my body.

-Urgh! (Sister Theresa)

I can feel my consciousness becoming thinner. Everything in front of me started to turn black.

-I can't protect our home. I'm sorry, everyone. (Sister Theresa)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since my leg was injured, we walked down the hill at a slow speed.

-We will reach the town soon, Tia. Everything will be alright. (Elana)

Sister Elana starts mumbling while tears come out of her eyes.

-That's ... right. Everything will be ... just fine. (Elana)

-Sister. (Tia)

Sister Elana suddenly stops walking when she witnesses the scene right in front of her.

-Ahhhhh! (Elana)

I can see a monster that looks like the one that appeared at the church in front of me. Unlike the beast that appeared at church, this one has blades that grow from its body. But what terrified us were the things it held in both hands.

-Lucas, Duke! (Elana)

The monster is holding the body of brothers Duke and Lucas that has lost both hands and legs. The monster throws them at our place as if they look like toys to it.

Not to let us comprehend the current situation, the needle monster appears from behind while holding the body of sister Theresa. There is a massive hole in the middle of her body. The needle monster also throws her at our place. I fall to my knee and become desperate at the current situation.

-It's all my fault. (Tia)

-Tia? (Elana)

-It's all my fault, sister. (Tia)

Sister hugs me and tries to calm me down. I can feel her trembling when she hugs me.

-Everything will be alright! It's just a dream. (Elana)

-No, sister! (Tia)

The sister strokes my head and tries to reassure me.

-Believe in me, Tia. (Elana)

-I... (Tia)

Before I can finish my sentence, sister Elana suddenly stops hugging me and pushes me away.

-I'm sorry, Tia. (Elana)

Something looks like a blade flies toward sister Elana and cuts her body in half.

-Sister, no! (Tia)

I can no longer stop the tears come out of my eyes.

-I can't save anyone. (Tia)

I raise my body up while ignoring my injured leg. I am supposed to feel hurt every time I crawl because of the wound. But at the moment, I feel nothing. Because the pain inside my chest is much severe than the wound on the leg. I crawl right next to my sister's body and hug her. 

Both of the monsters suddenly speak in monotonous voices.

-It's you who killed them, successor. (???)

 

 

There will be one more chapter tonight

I will put a small spoiler about the fate of Elana and others here. Read it at your risk UwU.

Spoiler

They won't die

[collapse]

 

Thanks for reading OwO

30