Chapter 343: The Desired Reward
293 8 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ahma holds a knife while walking toward the king and the chancellor of the holy kingdom.

-Forgive ussss... (King)

-Spareeeee ussss! (Chancellor)

Ahma walks to them and says in a cold voice.

-Finally, I get rid of that monster. Now two of you... (Ahma)

Ahma bends down and puts the knife in front of the king's throat.

-Are you the king? (Ahma)

-No...I! (King)

Ahma doesn't wait for the king to answer her quest and uses the knife to cut off his throat.

-Ahhhhh! (King)

The blood splashed on Ahma's face and made her look bloody.

-Of course, I would know who you are since you are the one behind that purge. (Ahma)

The chancellor crawls backward with a face full of fear. He points at Ahma and says with a shaking voice.

-Are you the survivor of that purge? (Chancellor)

Ahma tilts her head and says.

-Is that obvious? Why do you think I fight against you guys for all those years? (Ahma)

-Ahahaha! (Chancellor)

The chancellor laughs out loud.

-What are you laughing for? (Ahma)

-I'm just laughing because what we have done so far is the right thing! (Chancellor)

-Huh? (Ahma)

-You see! You are the one who proves all those unholy beings are dangerous. (Chancellor)

-... (Ahma)

-How many people have been killed by your hand? How many innocent people lost their lives under you? (Chancellor)

-You... (Ahma)

-All of you are guilty! (Chancellor)

The chancellor laughs maniacally. He seems to lose all of his reasons because of fear.

-If the soldiers didn't miss you, the holy country wouldn't meet its end! And we would be on top of the world!!!! (Chancellor)

-... (Ahma)

Ahma throws the knife at the chancellor's neck to kill him.

-Arghhh! Urghhh! (Chancellor)

The chancellor utters his last strength and says.

-See you in hell... (Chancellor)

-You won't... (Ahma)

Ahma doesn't let these two die quickly and use their soul as nutriments for her wraith armies.

-They are all done now... (Ahma)

Ahma stands still and looks at the nothingness.

-Should I just stop...? (Ahma)

After Ahma killed these two people, she didn't feel any joy because of those actions.

-... (Ahma)

Ahma looks at the chaotic city.

-The entire city is engulfed in fire and undead. What will my parents think about this? Will they look at me as a monster? (Ahma)

She takes out a bottle of the elixir and stares at it.

-With this... (Ahma)

Ahma has already made up her mind.

-My parents will come back... (Ahma)

But her chest has stung again as she decided to use these for her parents.

-Let's meet that one. (Ahma)

Ahma summons the dark haze and lets it wrap around her entire body. Ahma suddenly disappeared from where she stood, along with the undead inside the city.

-Hah... (Ahma)

Ahma arrived inside a forest.

-My hometown... (Ahma)

An icy voice calls out to her.

-You have finally arrived in this place, Ahma. (Mist)

-... (Ahma)

Ahma walks to Mist and gives her the elixir.

-So, you decide to revive your parents in the end. (Mist)

-Yeah... (Ahma)

Mist looks at Ahma in her eyes and asks her.

-Are you not going to regret your decision? (Mist)

Ahma freezes for a few seconds, then replies to Mist.

-I won't... (Ahma)

-Hmmm... (Mist)

Mist holds the elixir in her hand and crushes it.

-Huh! What are you...? (Ahma)

The moment the elixir was crushed, the dark haze burst out of her hand and wrapped around the entire Ahma's body.

-Ahhhh!!! (Ahma)

After the dark haze dispersed, Ahma noticed something had changed her surrounding.

-What...? (Ahma)

Suddenly, two familiar figures appear right in front of Ahma. Ahma instantly realizes who are they and shouts out loud.

-Mother! Father! (Ahma)

Her parents are now right in front of her eyes. She can no longer maintain her icy face and runs toward them.

-I miss... (Ahma)

But right before Ahma could touch them, her parents pushed her away.

-Ehhh? (Ahma)

Ahma fell to the ground while didn't understand the absurd action of her parents.

-Mother...Why did you push me away? (Ahma)

Her mother looks at her with a painful face.

-I don't have a daughter like you! (Mother)

Even her father points at her and screams out loud.

-You murderer! My daughter should be young and innocent. How can she be the kind of you! (Father)

Ahma can't rebuke her father's statement because she is a murderer like what he said.

-Don't call us parents with your mouth!  (Father)

-Go away! Don't come near us! (Mother)

-I...But I... (Ahma)

Ahma can no longer hold her tears and scream out loud. The emotions that should be locked deep inside her suddenly burst out.

-I have tried my best to revive you guys!!!! (Ahma)

-Really? (Mother)

-In all those years, we do not differ from toys in your hand... (Father)

Ahma shakes her head and denies it.

-No...No...It's not true... (Ahma)

Then, many figures of her past villager step up and stand by her parents.

-It's your fault that we died! 

-You are a monster! 

-All those live you took with that dirty hands!

Aside from them, many people appear around Ahma and form into a circle. All the people standing there are Ahma's victims.

-Monster!

-Dieeee!

-Give back my mother!

-You take away my family from me!

All these people curse at Ahma at the same time.

-I... (Ahma)

Ahma can no longer stand the pressure and uses her hands to block the ears.

-Please... (Ahma)

With the rejection from her parents, the last wall inside Ahma's mind had fallen. She shrinks her body while covering her ears. Ahma mutters weakly while closing both of her eyes.

-Forgive me... (Ahma)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mist stood in mid-air and looked at the forest that had been wrapped around the entire forest.

-So that girl chose her family over what she loved. She just clung to the past and threw away the present, huh? (Mist)

Mist looks at the broken elixir bottle and mutters.

-I don't need this to revive their parents in the first place. (Mist)

There is no need for a mighty goddess like her to rely on a mere elixir to revive her parent.

-Nothing comes without a price, you know. (Mist)

Ahma, in Mist's point of view, does not differ from a person to relieve her boredom. In the past, she just gave her power to Ahma on her whim. If Mist really cared about Ahma, she would never forget her existence in so many years.

-But what I said was not all lie. If you can overcome this trial, you will get what you want. But you...destiny to fail here, Ahma. (Mist)

Mist can be sure of this because Ahma is not the first one she observed. All the people Mist gave her power in the past have something in common are:

-They all start with the bottom of their life. But they eventually fell and crumbled by their newly gained power. And you are not an exception... (Mist)

Mist creates a rift next to her while yawning.

-I don't have too much hope in this girl. Let's go back... (Mist)

 

Thanks for reading OwO

I just got back this morning, so I'm sorry for being late TvT

There is one more chapter today 

12