Chapter 398: Break Into The Castle
198 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Farah's POV

Once we confirmed the identity of the one who led the horde. Hale and I decided to chase after Sora while bringing the girl with us. She didn't act excessively like last time and silently followed right behind us. It seems she has calmed down and can make a calm judgment now.

But we can no longer find Sora there with her army. Instead, we find some trace that was left on the ground. It looks like Sora had used something to leave this place.

-I still can feel the mark I left on her body. We gotta go fast before it disappears. (Hale)

I agree with Hale, and we immediately advance in the direction Hale showed. For some reason, we don't encounter any monsters while following Sora's trace. This makes the girl can't help but warn us.

-This is so weird...

-What are you talking about? (Hale)

-I could feel many traces of the monsters that used to stay here. They are all new traces that indicate those monsters just left this place.

Hale doesn't have the mood to make fun of the girl anymore and listens to the girl's statement carefully.

-I understand. Please tell us if you feel any weird signs... (Hale)

The girl also shows a sign of cooperation with Hale this time.

-Alright...

Before we resume tracing Sora, the girl calls out to Hale.

-I want to ask... 

-Huhm? (Hale)

-Are you not one of them?

-Do you mean those fake goddesses? I'm not one of them. (Hale)

-...

-You were mistaken when you first attacked me. My body was just a little unusual compared to others.

Though, I feel Hale becomes kinder to the girl compared to before.

-When the time comes, I will leave this little girl for you. (Hale)

-Yes?

-Hale? (Farah)

Hale bends down and shows a sign of exhaustion on her face. Why don't I notice it until now?

-What's wrong, Hale? (Farah)

Hale tiredly answers me.

-I have used a little too much of my power. This body can't keep up with it. (Hale)

-That means... (Farah)

Hale nods and answers me.

-Yeah, this body will break soon. Once I transfer my soul back to your body, my soul will fall into a sleeping state. (Hale)

-Eh? It's the first time I heard about it. (Farah)

-I never told you about that before. But it burdens a lot on the soul whenever you transfer it to another body. (Hale)

-Is that so...? (Farah)

-That's why I chose not to fight Sora even when I found her. I was afraid that my body would disappear in the middle of the battle. (Hale)

Hale turns her attention to the girl again.

-That's why I need you to protect her when I'm not there. (Hale)

The girl shakes her head and replies.

-You should be the one to protect her when the times come.

-You...? (Hale)

-I don't want her to become sad because of your disappearance.

-... (Hale)

Hale pats my head and whispers in my ear.

-She is not bad as I thought. (Hale)

-It's just you bullied her all the time, Hale. (Farah)

When we try to resume our trip, something abnormal suddenly happens.

-Stop!

The girl calls out to us and stops us from advancing.

-Something is coming...

-What? (Hale)

Hale knits her brow and starts spreading her energy to the surrounding area.

-I can feel nothing, though... (Hale)

Just when Hale finished her statement, the ground started to rumble.

-Hufff! (Hale)

Something like a shock wave suddenly swept through us. It doesn't affect us directly but on the surrounding terrains. The terrain changes to a sea of fire with the first shock wave.

-Tchhhh...Conquer! (Hale)

Hale immediately spreads out her energy to protect us. But not to let us be able to stable ourselves, another shock wave comes and changes the terrain again. If the last time the shock wave created a sea of fire, this time it was an ice hell.

One...Two...then three more shock waves and changes the terrain drastically. And the last shock wave created the environment combined with all those disasters.

-This does not differ from a living hell... (Hale)

We thought everything would stop by now. But at the next moment, the ground nearby suddenly makes a loud noise and creates a gigantic crack.

-Ready for battle!

The girl shouts out loud and gives us the signal.

-... (Hale)

From under the crack, many kinds of monsters pop out of it. I even sight the familiar monsters in Sora's army.

-Hah! (Hale)

Hale sighs and reaches out to the girl's neck.

-What are you doing?

-It's not wise to fight those monsters here in this environment. (Hale)

-But how can...

-Conquer! (Hale)

The dark energy comes out and wraps around her body. Hale pulls us forward and heads in the direction where the shock wave comes from. The current speed of Hale is totally different from before.

It takes some time for us to arrive at an enormous castle. On the way, Hale has a hard time to avoid these monsters while carrying us. But we are still lucky to safely arrive at the castle's entrance.

 

 

Thanks for reading

૮꒰ ˶• ༝ •˶꒱ა
./づᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊°.~♡︎

8