Chapter 417: We Meet Each Other Again
184 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Farah's POV

Since I can't see any announcement coming from the system, so I don't know if my effort is truly a success or not. I can only see these people look much better now.

-What was that power of mine, Kagehina? (Farah)

-That is something that you should find out by yourself, master. (Kagehina)

With that kind of answer, I think Kagehina has already known about my true power for a long time.

-But how can you be so sure they can live in the current environment? (Farah)

With this kind of tricky question, I hope that I will be able to get some clue from Kagehina.

-You can think its as one function that belongs to your power, master. (Kagehina)

...Right, I don't think she would answer in the roundabout way. I sigh helplessly and ask her to help me transport these wounded people.

Under my command, Kagehina uses her power to search for the nearby city, which results in me getting some unexpected news.

-What? The same weapon has bombarded all the cities nearby? (Farah)

-Yes, master. I can feel the same ominous poison as the one existing here. What is it called again? Right, your maid calls it radiation. (Kagehina)

-...Then did you find any survivors? (Farah)

Kagehina nods and lets many people appear from her shadow.

-That's all the people I can find, for now, master. (Kagehina)

I look at the wounded people and thank Kagehina sincerely.

-Thank you a lot, Kagehina. (Farah)

-It's nothing since it's natural for me to help you, my master. (Kagehina)

As I use that power again, I manage to heal everyone else at ease. Eventually, the maid squads arrive at the scene. The maids help me take back all the wounded people to the headquarter.

The maids also offer to back with them, but I decline it.

-Master, you have to go back with us.

-Right, it's not safe to stay here.

I shake my head and answer them with a firm form.

-I want to, but I want to investigate this a little more. (Farah)

Since Hana doesn't want to tell me, I will have to investigate this incident on my own.

-Master...

-I think it's impossible to convince our master now. How about appointing the most elite group to follow her. 

-That's a good idea.

With that, a group of ten maids follow Kagehina and me to investigate this bombing incident. We cannot get any result at first since the surrounding city is nothing different from the barren land. We head deeper inside the mainland of this planet and still can not get any positive results.

-Many traces of the bombing... (Farah)

It's not only the first city I visited under that kind of attack, but also many other cities.

-... (Farah)

Since Hana is the one who developed this weapon, that means it's not something these people can easily use. With this destruction power, I can easily consider as a tactical weapon.

The only force I had in my mind that would use this weapon to attack the city was...

-The revolutionary force... (Farah)

I know they have a deep hatred for each other. But I still feel this method is beyond ordinary cruelty. Another question pops up in my mind as I think about the revolutionary force.

-How can they mass products and get their hands on these weapons in the first place? (Farah)

There must be a third force that supports the revolutionary from behind. That force wants to cause chaos while the goddess is missing.

-And they have succeeded... (Farah)

I don't think this is the right time to play a guessing game. I have no choice but to choose another method to confirm my theory.

-Let's head to the revolutionary territory. (Farah)

-It's too dangerous, master.

-That's right!

The maid wants to stop me since they don't have any information about that place. I try to reassure them and tell them it's gonna be alright.

-Master, careless is the worst enemy.

-That's right, master.

At this rate, they will succeed in persuading me to go back. I turn to Kagehina and hope she will help me. Kagehina immediately understands my intention and jumps at me. She wraps the shadow around herself and me and makes us disappear.

I will say sorry to everyone later...I need to go and find out the truth first. It doesn't take long for us to arrive in a city that belongs to the revolutionary.

It looks like an ordinary city I could find in Humilitan rather than one I first saw in Acedian. I can easily bypass the security here with Kagehina's power and move inside the city.

-Huhmm? (Farah)

I thought that the revolutionary city would look lively. But somehow, these people here look like they are at the end of the world. As if all of them are afraid of something...

While I am thinking, a church gradually comes into my sight.

-Huhm? (Farah)

As I spread my mana, I find many people staying inside the church.

-Why there are so many people inside this place? (Farah)

I can't help but be curious about the situation inside. I push the door open to see what is inside the church.

 

Thanks for reading OwO

6