Chapter 10
305 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the morning.

"Emily, be careful ... Boo hoo ..." Adelia hugged Emily as if she didn't want to let go.

"Yes, goodbye. See you later!" After being released from Adelia, Emily took one last look and got on the horse and started walking while waving her hand.

Adelia and Garius escorted Emily away with a wave of hands until Emily could not be seen in the distance.

*Sigh ~

"I'm almost sure you'll come with Emily." said Garius.

"I .. But I .. Do you really want me to go?"

"Hey that's not it, sorry, I went too far. Come inside for now."

Adelia nodded and followed Garius into the cave. Inside, Adelia and Garius are sitting in the living room. The atmosphere in the living room was like mourning. Garius can't stand the mood and opens his mouth.

"Hey Adelia."

"Whoa, why you still here?"

"Heh, where am I going."

"Yes, usually you ..." Adelia looked at me and my room alternately but did not continue her words.

"Mm, how about we hunt. I need some cores, if I have cores .." I can make Emily's sword into a [Magic Weapon]. But considering the mood, Garius didn't say it. He didn't want to bring things back to where they were and change the subject.

"Hunting?"

"That's right, don't you want to try your new bow on a stronger monster?" light returned to Adelia's eyes and she nodded. Garius didn't miss the opportunity he created and immediately grabbed his wand. And walk into the Lost Forest followed by Adelia.

°°°

*Grrrrrrr ...

Inner Lost Forest. The two meter high Magic Beast looked like a bear lying under a tree. Judging from the miasma in his body, Garius knows that this beast has Dark elements. After beckoning Adelia, Garius settles into their position. After being a few meters away from the target Garius begins to prepare the [Magic Hand] and [Fire Ball] in his hand. When the magic is cast half-finished, Garius charge towards the bear, once the bear is within range, Garius releases his magic.

*Boom!

The bear that was hit by the Fire Ball growled and looked around, after he found out who was responsible for the explosion, the bear jumped at Garius. But because Magic Hand the bear's was frozen in place, and at that moment an arrow shot down from the top of the tree. *Swish ~

*BOOM!

The arrow hit the bear's shoulder and exploded, the bear's hand crushed from the shoulder down. As the bears panicked, Garius threw [Fire Ball] repeatedly at him. After being bombarded with [Fire Ball] and arrows from Adelia. The bear collapsed.

After trial and error, Adelia and Garius relying on the [Magic Hand] used the same strategy, and the results are very satisfying. After getting the Black Core, Garius handed the bear carcas to Adelia for skin. In the last few days, Adelia has been able to hunt class C monsters and sometimes they beat B class monsters even with difficulty.

"Ok, we've got two Black Cores. I've got all the cores I need, right. Let's go back."

"Mm, I'm tired too. I want to hurry up, so I can take a shower soon! And fufufu looks like I'll get a new bear fur coat!"

"Hahaha ... Let's go."

In the cave, Adelia takes out bear carcas and wash them in the river. After receiving the space ring from Adelia, Garius enters his lab and returns to work.

Garius is happy, after getting the Dark elements Core, it means that all the Cores he wants he already got. Apart from the Fire Core he had obtained earlier, and the Holy Element Core. Garius has four Cores with attributes to be sub-Core and Core which he wants to use to make the [Magic Tool] for him and Adelia. In addition, when several days in the forest. Garius absorbs a mindless monster soul to become a slave soul. Garius is careful about the soul he absorbs, he will not absorb the soul that has an ego to avoid the influence of the soul on him.

At dinner Garius chats with Adelia at the dinner table. After the day Emily left, Garius took the time to chat with Adelia during lunch and dinner.

"This is the [Magic Tool] that I promised you. But like I said, this hood doesn't make you completely invisible. So you still have to be careful, ok."

"Yay ~ thank you." Garius gives a black hood with Black Core on the chest to Adelia. Hood that has been enchanted with [Camouflage + Blend + Stealth + Slave Contract], for the safety of Adelia, Garius does not holding back. He has also modified Adelia's Bow with Wind Core to provide an [Wind Accel] effect for arrow speed and [Wind Slash] for sharpness.

°°°

Adelia put her spoon on the plate and saw Lich in front of her. It's been a few days he sat there while she was eating lunch and dinner. Since Emily went to the capital, Adelia had indeed felt lonely. Adelia remembered the time when she was with Emily. Adelia remembers Emily's story when she went to a party for nobles, about Emily who had danced with the prince of the Eldia Kingdom, about her brother Karl Steinsburg who was a Knight and Emily who did not use the etiquette of a noble when with her, making Adelia drunk.

Yes, drunk. Get drunk with the glamor of the life of the nobility. And want to experience the life of a noble. With Emily's presence, Adelia felt that all of that could be done, and Adelia could reach it only by holding out her hand. But what Adelia wanted to reach suddenly disappeared along with Emily's departure and brought Adelia to reality.

At first Adelia couldn't accept it and started thinking 'how to become royalty'. But the more she thinks, the more she slumps into the realities of life. All of that could not be achieved by simply eliminating the status of Slaves. Adelia imagined that if the nobleman wasn't Emily, she would have to call her Miss. Adelia won't be able to eat at one table, she won't ..

Adelia only knew one side of a noble's life, and she didn't know the difficulties of a noble. Adelia once asked Garius why he hates royals and Garius's answer really opens her eyes wide. Starting from the bourgeois life, suppressing those below or getting rid of them to stay at the top, the struggle for inheritance that makes siblings kill each other. Adelia remembers what Garius said at the end of his story. Garius said, a flower garden that looks beautiful, underneath is a human corpse that has been sacrificed as fertilizer.

Adelia did not believe it and thought 'you are not a noble, so what do you know'. But after hearing some of the stories that Garius told so smoothly that it seemed as if Garius was telling what had happened to him, Adelia's heart began to waver. After that Adelia will ask Garius to tell about the lives of nobles when they are free. Adelia doesn't know that the aristocratic stories told by Garius come from history from Earth and some novels he read when he was paralyzed by an accident.

Adelia returned to her question when she was in the dungeon of the Dark Sect. Why can humans hurt each other, if those who are fellow nobles can hurt each other, how do they behave towards those who are under their status. If everything Garius said is true, Adelia doesn't want to know.

"Okay, I'll go back to the lab. Call me if you need anything." said Garius broke his reverie. Adelia smiled at the back of the skull which was wrapped in a black hood. From the back of the skull which looked fragile, Adelia felt safe. A back that can withstand a falling sky, block out storms and scorching sun. A monster free from all social shackles. Adelia flashes back to when she was freed from the dungeon of the Dark Sect, the fear that prevented her from returning to Galm's village and deciding to live with a monster. Adelia got up from her seat and knelt beside the dining table.

"Mr. Garius, please make me your slave."

Yes, this is what I want. I've found him, someone I want to serve with all my heart.

°°°

Garius' legs stop. He looked back and saw Adelia kneeling on the floor. What happened? How did it come to this?

As a human who was born on Earth, he did not know the concept of slaves. To make Adelia his slave? Never thought of. As a reader of fiction, Garius must be able to distinguish between fiction and reality and it has become absolute law, and Garius can already distinguish it at subconscious level. For magic alone, it is difficult for Garius to accept that magic is reality. Because unconsciously, Garius still thinks magic is a delusion. But ever since Garius was summoned into this world, he began to try to accept that magic was real and Garius began to adjust to this point. And he started to develop in magic after he accepted magic as reality. But for slavery? Wait..

If Garius asks himself, he will automatically say no. Seeing Adelia protruding on the floor, Garius can see, Adelia must have made a big decision and Garius doesn't want to make fun of the resolution Adelia took. But if I accept it half-heartedly it will hurt Adelia. What should I do.

"Umm, Adelia are you serious ?."

"Please make me your slave, let me serve you. Mr. Garius."

Look at that, it looks like she's Deadset to be my slave. Ahhh ..

"Umm, look Adelia. I don't know what it's like to have a slave. And I never thought about having a slave .. " Garius pause to see Adelia reaction, he can see Adelia's shaking shoulders, then Garius continues after taking his breath. "So I don't know how to become a slave Master. If I do something wrong I want you to tell me as soon as possible, so that I can become the same Master that you've imagined. Can you do that?"

Adelia lifted her face from the floor and asked with a teary eye. "So I can be your slave?"

"Mm yes. From now on I ask for your cooperation".

5