Chapter 25
157 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the magic circle was finished, Brian and Adelia put the metal skulls and materials from the Magic Beast into the circle.

"Okay, now I'm going to do the ritual, I can't communicate for a while. Adelia, don't let any interference."

"Yes sir!." "Yes." Brian and Adelia answered simultaneously.

The floating skull head now fell to the ground and a Lich Core as big as a ping pong ball flew into formation. Five minutes later, the magic circle started emitting light. The light shone brighter and brighter and the objects inside began to move clockwise. The spinning of the objects kept getting faster and faster so that it looked like a large ball with the Lich Core in the middle of the spin.

A few minutes later the spin slowed down and bones began to compose a skeleton, and the Magic Beast material was still circling around. After the skeleton was finished forming, the surrounding objects seemed to melt and bandage the skeleton into a cocoon. Inside the cocoon, the Magic Beast matter broke down into cellular level and began to gather into skin and flesh covering the skeleton. And Garius which emits mana with all its might to bind all the material that is being formed so that it integrates with the core.

Brian couldn't believe what he saw, Brian knew what an awakening ritual was but he had never heard of a homunculus that big. And he had never heard of a ritual that made cocoons like this. The homunculus he knew was just knees-high and literally used like a doll. And the ritual will unite the materials on the ground just like that without forming a cocoon. But Brian just shook his head and said 'Master is great !.' and forget common sense like the Master say.

Garius doesn't want to interfere with bodily processes, if a magic circle is still working to shape his body. After all the materials integrated and he was sure that the magic circle had stopped working, he started amplify on the mana he took out and tried to move his body. Garius re-feels the feeling of being disconnected from his body when his body is crushed. Like nostalgia, he drew on the mana enveloping his new body and making thin layer of mana around his body. Moving slowly and surely, starting at the tips of fingers.

*Cracked!.

A hand came out of the cocoon, then the head and body until finally a 180cm Asian man stood in front of Adelia and Brian. Without realizing it, Adelia and Brian began to look down.

"" Nothing !. "" they shouted together in unison.

"Eh? .. What do you mean?"

"Ah, Hahaha it's okay!" Adelia answered, a flushed face and Brian averted his gaze.

Garius doesn't understand what they are saying, come to think of it, Garius has never seen an Asian face like him in this world, maybe that's what made them scream like just now. Garius is shaking his head and is about to change the subject. But after Garius stepped in, he lost control of his body. Garius holds his body with one knee which is then supported by Adelia who immediately moves when she sees Garius unstable footsteps. Garius' new body began to melt on his chest and fell to the ground.

*Splash ~

The part that fell and then scattered like water became a puddle on the floor. Now there is a large hole in his chest and you can see the ribs made of metal and Lich Core floating inside.

"Hmm? Hehe, our preparation is not perfect yet. Write this down Brian, we will complete it later." Garius said in a flat voice. Garius doesn't speak with his mouth, but with the mana that vibrates through his core.

Garius admitted, he was a little rushed in carrying out this ritual. It was not like the experience he used to have when the preparations were really well done. So it's not strange if there is an error like this. But what can he do, Garius needs an ideal body to do research. And the present body, although rudimentary and still in the testing phase, could at least meet its current needs.

"Yes! How about the skeleton?"

"Hmm? Wait .. Um no problem." Garius is moving his new body like warming up. "Yes, that's enough. Means that the error is because the Magic Beast's material or in its magic circle."

"Umu, I'll make a note of today's ritual." Brian replied, who then went into the house leaving Garius and Adelia in the workshop.

"Master .." Adelia looked with a flushed face.

"Ahem, looks like I need .. clothes ?."

"Yes sir!." Adelia looks inside the space ring and gives Garius a fur coat.

After wearing a coat, Garius then enters the house with Adelia and is greeted by Paul and Sam.

"Ara ~ who is this." seeing half-naked man in front of her. Sam touched her lips with one hand and the other on Garius's shoulder, looking up and down.

"Ahem, I'm Garius." he smiled.

"Whoa mister Garius !. You look .. Different." it looks like Paul is at a loss for words and doesn't know what to say.

"Eh, Mr. Garius? Wait a minute, I'll prepare clothes for you." Sam offers with a chuckle that makes Paul stare at her.

A few moments later, Sam returned with a set of clothes that Brian used to wear when he was a teenager. Garius doesn't hesitate to accept it.

"Thank you for the clothes, I'll return them later."

"Don't hesitate. You don't need to return the shirt, Brian never used it either." replied Sam.

"Mm, okay then I'll excuse myself." With that, Garius goes into the room accompanied by Adelia.

After getting dressed, Garius returned to open the parchment in his room to continue what he had been doing. But not long after, Brian arrives with a file of the results of the ritual they had just performed.

"Hmm, looks like it's complete. Later I'll draw a magic circle on this note so we can see it." said Garius as he continued his work.

"Yes, sorry to disturb .." Brian replied then he rushed out of the room leaving Garius confused.

"Disturb?." The confused Garius looked around his room and found Adelia lying on the bed looking at him.

"Uh, what are you doing there." asked Garius.

"Master, may I say something .."

"Hmm? Okay." Garius nodded and turned his chair to face Adelia.

"I heard that Emily will be executed in a few days."

"Emily .. Emily Steinsburg?"

"Mm, it's been more than a month that she's been in prison for interrogation. At first the church suspected that the Steinsburg family had ties to black magicians. But because the church didn't find any involvement of the Steinsburg family with black magicians and they also didn't find any trace of miasma in their residence. The church revoked his accusations against the Steinsburg family. But the accusations against Emily continued, she was expelled from her family and declared a black magician and will be executed in a few days. "

"How long have you known this?"

"Since we got to Arvo."

"Mm, I know what you are thinking. You don't want to involve me in this and are going to the capital to save Adelia, alone? But what made you change your mind?" Garius can easily guess Adelia's way of thinking after what they have been through together.

"No Master. As a slave I don't dare to do anything without the owner's permission."

"Then why are you telling me all this ?."

"I don't know what to do. I've been looking for information about what happened in the capital. And security there has been tightened since the incident at the gate back then."

I see, having run out of ways, she was trying to convince herself that she was a slave. Because a slave can't make decisions and now she puts all her hopes on me. All to reduce her guilt towards Emily.

"Mm, so with slaves as an excuse, you leave all decisions to me."

"No Master, I don't dare. I just .."

"Then why are you talking about Master and Slave in front of me? Why don't you say that you want to save Emily and ask for my help? Now tell me, who are you and who I am. Do you really feel that you are my slave?"

"I .." tears began to trickle down her cheeks.

"Now listen to me. If you are a slave, act like one. Don't think, just do. If you know something, tell me. Leave everything to me. You just need to think of a way to serve me and make me happy. Understand?"

Adelia couldn't answer, she just nodded her head and sobbed.

"If you already understand, wipe your tears. You must always smile, this is an order! .. For Emily, leave everything to me. Tomorrow morning I will say my decision. Now you can sleep, tomorrow will be a tiring day." 

Garius shook his head to see Adelia dissappear behind the door. He wasn't angry, nor was he worried about Emily. But Garius still has a sense of justice and morals as humans from Earth to separate between right and wrong. And saving Emily was something he had to do. He just didn't like the behavior of Adelia who was moving behind him.

Because nothing is more dangerous than a Pawn moving by itself.

5