Chapter 26
150 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a night of planning, Garius calls Adelia, Brian, Paul and Sam to a meeting.

"I decided to save Emily Steinsburg who is about to be executed. I ask for your cooperation, I know this mission will be dangerous, if you feel you can't I will not object."

"But the executions will be carried out one week from now. Will we have time? Given the long journey there." Paul asked Garius.

The distance from Dahar to the capital can be reached in three weeks on foot and can be cut in half if using a horse. But because now it is an emergency. Garius can cast reinforcement magic on his riding horse.

"For transport I already have a way. It's just that I need a strong horse and can only carry three people including myself." Garius answers Paul's question, after Garius heard that they agreed to help him save Emily, Garius continues. "I will leave to you who will come with me, for now I will give assignments to you."

"For Adelia, I need some elemental cores and some animals that usually roam the city. It's better if it's a kind of bird."

"If the Core I've been hunting for a while I'm training at the foot of the mountain."

"Umu, then as soon as possible catch some of the birds commonly seen in the capital."

"Yes, Master." Adelia then handed the bag of Core in hers to Garius which shocked him.

A Lot! How many animals have become victims of training. Garius shook his head speechless.

"For Paul, I want three strong horses. Is there anyone selling around here?"

"Yes, leave it to me !." replied Paul.

"For Sam, I need provisions for a trip to the capital."

"Okay ~" replied Sam.

"And as for Brian, I need this thing asap. Can you do it?" Garius gives Brian a blueprint and waits.

Hearing Garius' serious tone made Brian accept the blueprint and jump right into work mode. After seeing the outline of the blueprint, he immediately went to the workshop, but this time he took the time to say goodbye to Garius.

What Garius is asking for is a rectangular object made of cores with no elements that would be used like a Crystal Ball to reveal an image. Garius will use [Familiar] magic used by magicians to function as a surveillance camera.

"Okay I guess that's it. I'll ask you if I need anything." that way Garius, Adelia, Brian, Paul and Sam go to their respective task.

After Brian locked himself in the workshop, Garius returned to his room and started drawing diagrams.

Garius placed the Enchant Scroll that had been drawn with [Familiar] magic. [Familiar] is an inferior version of the slave magic circle that uses Dark Element. Black magicians can only use this magic on mindless beasts to serve as slaves. Like the slave diagram. This magic circle can connect the owner with the slave. And black magicians use this magic to see, through the eyes of animals. But to avoid detection of the capital's protective barrier, Garius must remove this magic dependence on dark elements so as not to leave a trace of miasma.

For communication, Garius has given Adelia, Brian, Paul and Sam, a spell to use [Telepathy] magic. Actually, this magic can be learned by anyone who has mana. It's just that, because the distance that this magic can reach is not that far, it makes people prefer to speak directly with their mouths.

"Hmm, maybe if it is made into a Magic Tool to communicate, I will be able to expand the range of [Telepathy] magic with [Amplifier] magic like Adelia's handgun. Ah then I will add [Amplifier] magic to this [Familiar] magic."

After the Enchant Scroll for Familiars was finished, Garius returned to parchment to make a diagram. Because Garius has lost his Sub-Core and he can't use Soul Slave to create a new Sub-Core, he is forced to make a Binder to be used as a Magic Weapon. So Garius will store magic in a parchment and he will give it his mana if he wants to use it. For example, if Garius wants to use a Fire Ball, he only has to give mana to a parchment and the parchmen will cast Fire Ball magic for him. And this Binder is for storing a collection of single-use magic diagram parchment. Garius chose this method because he attaches importance to speed to cast magic. Remembering that Garius was bombarded by witches from a distance. If he lost his Insta Cast advantage, he would have no hope of survival. And the downside of this method is that when the parchment runs out he can't cast his magic. So he's going to make as many parchments as possible.

For Adelia's Core, he wanted to make a new Sub-Core, but because he hasn't found a way, Garius uses the Core to make a mana bomb using a Mana Storage diagram that will explode when the Core is destroyed.

"Now how can I save Emily. Am I going to wait for her execution or before .."

Two days later after preparing everything, Garius, Adelia and Paul went to the capital on horseback which had been strengthened with magic and they arrived there four days later. And now is the last day before Emily is executed the next day.

The first kilometer from gate of the Capital of Primis. 

A group of people were resting around a campfire under a large tree. Mustering up their strength, they return to their trip to the Capital, leaving Garius, Adelia and Paul there. Because the air was so cold, they wanted to hurry to the inn to warm their bodies. After everyone had left, Garius opened the birdcage he was carrying.

Garius's eyes continue to follow the birds that he releases until they fly over the ten meter high wall that protects the capital.

"Umu, the infiltration was successful. Now we can only wait for the results."

Garius took out a thin rectangular ten inch object which he named [Tablet] to see the scenery in the Capital. As Garius filled the Tablet with mana, images began to appear inside. With the command sent via the Tablet, the birds began moving towards the prison where Emily is locked in. From the Tablet screen Garius starts to pay attention and creates a mental map in his head to start plotting.

"Hmm, I've found it." The tablet shows Emily who is shackled with a chain stuck into the prison wall.

"Sigh ~ I already imagined it, but seeing it in person made me ..." Paul did not continue his words. But Garius and Adelia understood what he was trying to say.

"Okay, just like what we have planned. I will distract and Adelia will come in. Paul will stay here holding the Lich Core so he can escape if something untoward happens. Understood? Then let's start."

Garius started moving after wearing the skull mask. Garius in a black, hooded robe. With a large thicc book on his waist and a skull mask. Anyone who saw him would definitely say that he was a black magician. Taking all the attention to himself. When he was a few meters away from the gate, Garius took out several scrolls and threw them towards the gate. After the commotion Adelia successfully entered the capital.  

*BOOM !!

"Hey, Harris! Your friend is here! Aren't you going to greet him ?!"

The soldiers who were at the gate began to panic and immediately reported what had happened to their commander who was immediately conveyed to the royal knights. After half an hour General Harris appeared at the gate. 

At the gate things were chaotic. There were explosive holes everywhere, burning trees, and of course the corpses of the lowly soldiers who guarded the capital's gates were scattered about. The merchants and people who wanted to enter the capital were stuck a few kilometers from the gate, and the people who wanted to leave were also discouraged.

"Hallo General! How are you, do you know how much I miss you? Hahaha!" Garius greets Harris who appears at the gate and throws two [Fire Balls] at him.

General Harris answered Garius by drawing his sword and immediately slashing the incoming [Fire Ball] . After getting rid of the [Fire Ball] , General Harris immediately jumped to Garius.

*Zing!

"Hahaha, I am also very happy to be able to meet you again. GENERAL! I told you. Don't involve innocent girls in our dispute! Why don't you ever listen huh!" Garius cast magic and insults at General Harris while dodging his sword attacks.

Soldiers began arriving from within the capital, which Garius immediately greeted with a Core Bomb that exploded in front of their noses. No cast, no chants, no  spells, explosive continued to sound in front of the gate.

"This is what you want isn't it? You guys disturbed my peacef ul life in the Lost Forest and now you hurt innocent girls only because YOU FEEL RIGHT!"

5