Chapter 27
151 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the capital, Adelia mingled with people running around. In less than fifteen minutes with her moving speed she arrived at the prison where Emily was being held. Soldiers ran here and there, and gathered behind the gate that was being bombarded by Garius.

Adelia had a chance to run into General Harris, whom she passed by lowering her head and disappearing into the back alley. After reaching the front of the prison Adelia using [Stealth] quickly moved inside. With the combination of [Stealth], [Acceleration] and [Strengthening], Adelia easily reached the cell where Emily was locked up.

Using [Strengthening], Adelia bent the iron bars with her bare hands.

*Ngek ~

And pulling a stake in the wall frees the shackled Emily. Adelia put two fingers on Emily's neck to check her pulse. After she was sure that Emily was still alive and only unconscious, she make Emily drank the potion then carried her out, stepped over the corpse of the warden and ran towards the south gate to escape.

Adelia hid behind the wall to see what was going on at the south gate. There were several guards holding spears and on standby there. One, two ... There are six guards. Five minutes later Adelia had confirmed that there were no other guards and she started moving. Adelia dashed towards the first guard she saw and with Emily on her shoulder she fired a [Wind Slash]. Six shots were fired, six times the screams of the guards were heard, while Adelia did not slow down at all. She ran from five meters before the gate to a hundred yards outside the gate in twenty seconds with a two second delay on each shot.

Meanwhile at the West gate the battle between Garius and General Harris stalemates, General Harris, who seems to be running out of stamina after receiving a blind attack from Garius, catches his breath. Around, the royal knights were still pouring out, Garius was expecting that soon the magicians with holy elemental magic would be out soon and he was running out of time.

Garius just stands there, with less magic on Binder and two Core Bombs remaining.

"Hey Hey, are you playing for time? Hahaha, Okay I'll accompany you to chat."

General Harris who heard Garius furrowed his brows and made an ugly face.

"Oh, what is this? Are you angry? Hahaha, look  Harris! Look around you!" General Harris looked around. The corpses were littered, the pieces of the bodies hit by the explosion. It really is like hell.

"Can I ask you something? Ah, what am I saying. I don't think there is any need for pleasantries between us, right? Lets be frank. Actually .. What are you doing?" Garius looked straight into the eyes of General Harris who was staring back at him with tremendous hatred.

"You are supposed to be able to enjoy your life in peace, but you come to my house, while I am enjoying my life, with the slogan creating peace and establishing justice. You try to kill me which ends up dying not one or two people but hundreds? What are you actually doing? ?. "

"Those who die should be able to live happily with their families but you ... Heroes sacrifice their lives, for what? What are you doing? Hey Harris! Answer me!"

"Okay, I know I'm a monster. And maybe you guys think that killing monsters is something normal. But what about me? I always try to avoid killing humans because before I was also a human!" Garius screams from the bottom of his heart. The feelings he shouldn't feel seemed to be scrambling to come out onto the surface. Garius is not aware of it, he just says what's in his head. 

While General Harris was stalling for time, so was Garius. He waited for the right time to escape and waited for news from Adelia.

*Sigh ~

Seeing the faces of the knights who were ready to kill him at any moment made him take a deep breath.

It seems like whatever I say will be in vain, they really didn't hear. Hehehe because I'm just a monster. What am I doing.

Garius laughed bitterly and continued. "Now I'm here, so you don't have to look for me. You want to be heroes, don't you? Come on!" challenge Garius.

There was silence, no sound was heard. Garius, General Harris and the knights of the kingdom just stood there looking at each other.

(Target evacuated, initiate retreat.) Paul's voice can be heard in Garius's head.

(Ah! Okay, we'll meet at the meeting place.) Garius replied.

"HA HA HA!." Garius can not help laughing at the humans around him who only mount their stance and exchange glances as if waiting for someone to come first.

(Holy magician seen, will arrive at the location in two minutes.) Paul who is hiding around gives a warning to Garius when he sees the holy mage reaching the West gate from the [Tablet] screen.

(Okay, I'm tired too. Can you come pick me up ?.)

(Hahaha, it's my pleasure Mr. Garius !.)

"Woops looks like my time has run out. Sorry if I can not accompany you, General Harris."

General Harris opened his eyes wide. But there was nothing he could do. He has no energy. Never mind fighting, just lifting his sword is already a tough task.

General Harris looked at the knights of the kingdom, the pale face of the soldiers who had no morals, the face of someone who accepted defeat. Nothing else could be expected from a soldier with a face like that.

But he couldn't show weakness. A hero must stand tall under any circumstances. Become a role model and character who is feared by enemies and loved by friends.

Yes, he is a hero, with all the strength in his possession, General Harris raised his sword up high. General Harris's movement did not escape the sight of the royal knights, a look of awe and idolatry appeared in their eyes.

"Don't listen to the words of this abomination being. He will use all his trickery to fool humans. Raise your swords! By the name of the Goddess Astra!" as if it were contagious, the knights began to calm themselves down and stop their trembling legs.

"""With the name Goddess Astra !."""

"Attack !!."

"""Haa !!"""

"Wow, you're kidding right?." Garius run backwards. 

Accompanied by the screams of the royal knights, three horses sped off from the trees in the south.

"General Harris, my mother has already picked up. I'm going to go first, Bye bye!"

After getting on the horse, Garius immediately uses support magic to his horse, Paul and Adelia's horse. Three horses are being chased by hundreds of Royal Knights, a sight that you will never see anywhere.

"Move aside! Or I'll kill you!" Gives warnings to parked merchants, followed by them clearing path and allow them to pass. Garius had the last two Core Bomb ready to pave the way but it looks like he doesn't need to use it.

"How's Emily."

"She's unconscious, Master."

"Any sign of poison?"

"No Master."

"Good, top speed! We're going to have dinner at Arvo guys. Hahaha."

"Yes sir!." "Ha ha ha." Adelia and Paul answered in their own way.

°°°

"How is the condition?." Garius asked about Emily's unconscious condition since two days ago.

"Um, it looks like fatigue and malnutrition." Adelia took a breath and gaze at Emily who asleep in the tent they had built.

"Yes, naturally, she's a noble, right? Flowers that bloom in a greenhouse." Paul gave his opinion from across bonfire that made Garius and Adelia stare at each other then they laughed together.

"Eh .." Paul confused seeing Garius and Adelia.

"That's where you're wrong Paul, she's been out of the house for a year and she's been an adventurer you know." Adelia said, looking nostalgic in her eyes.

"Yes, she is a strong woman, stronger than you think." added Garius.

It had been two days since they had traveled from the capital to Arvo, and they were camping for the night but there was no sign that Emily would wake up. Garius checked but there was no serious wound, just a scratch from a whip and yes .. Slave tattoo was already on her hand. Maybe after they got tired of interrogating, they used slave contracts to find out the truth they wanted to hear.

Not the real truth, but the truth that justifies. If Emily had lied and admitted that she was Garius's accomplice, maybe she wouldn't have gone through the lengthy interrogation process and climbed straight onto the gallows. But Emily didn't give up and tried to convince her innocence. That's what makes Garius say that Emily is a strong girl, very strong.

While Garius, Adelia and Paul are chatting in front of the bonfire, a voice can be heard from inside the tent. Adelia who has hearing sharper than humans immediately heard and went to make sure.

"Master, Emily is awake." Adelia gave good news from inside the tent. And Garius rushes into the tent, followed by Paul.

"Mmmhh, water .."

"Yes, drink this." Adelia did not provide water, but potions to speed up the healing process of Emily's body, even though there were no visible wounds, just in case she suffered internal wounds.

"Mm? Ahh .. Adelia .." Emily's voice seemed powerless.

"Yes, I'm here Emily." Adelia started to shed tears.

"W-where .."

"We're on our way to Arvo."

"P-prison .."

"It's all over Emily. Nothing will hurt you again."

"Ohh .. Haa .."

"Looks like he needs food. Is there food that is not too hard?"

"I-there is a soup stock made by Sam, let me warm it up a bit."

"Eh .. W-who." Emily, who heard Garius' voice, immediately woke up and opened her eyes. The eyes of someone who had lost everything made Garius catch his breath.

"I'm Garius, you restore your strength first. You have to eat well. You don't need to think much first. Everything will be fine."

4