Chapter 28
175 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One kilometer before Iudio and Arvo T junction, four people ride horses on the snowy road. Regardless of the cold air and the slippery road, they rode on their horses hastily. Now was the fourth day of their journey from the Primis Capital to Arvo. If all went well, they would reach the Arvo at sunset.

Emily, who just woke up, already had color on her face instead of the pale face when she was found. But she still often daydreams with a blank stare. Garius understands, given her young age and the status she used to have, it's no wonder Emily would be depressed if she suddenly lost everything. But Garius can't take care of Emily yet, he's still focused on their trip to Arvo and leaving everything to Adelia.

"Master, there are people up front. Many people." when they were at high speed, Adelia gave a warning to Garius. Garius raises his hand as a sign to slow down and they start slowing down and stopping.

"Bandits? Can you investigate." Garius asked Adelia.

Adelia nodded and got off her horse. After Adelia's feet touched the ground her body began to be difficult to see with the eye, like dissolving before disappearing behind the trees. Five minutes later Adelia came back and gave a report.

"Who are they?."

"There is a tent up ahead which is inhabited by the Imperial soldiers Master's."

"Wow, they're fast. Are they using carrier pigeons? Hmm, okay. We'll got one of them. I was wondering what they wanted to do here and how they got here quickly."

Garius gives his horse to Paul and moves with Adelia. Stealthy they reached the front of the camp. In the camp there was only one tent and three horses. They are seen resting and one of the soldiers is on guard outside the tent. Garius motioned for Adelia to be on alert and headed for the camp after putting on his skull mask.

"Hello, what are you doing in cold weather like this ?."

"Who-" the soldier who was about to ask suddenly closed his mouth and opened his eyes wide and started screaming.

"Adam! Berry! Hurry and run, the Lich is here!" after hearing the screams. Two people came out of the tent and immediately ran towards their horses. But their escape did not last long, Adelia who was in the trees was waiting for them. Garius used [Magic Hand] magic to grab the soldier who had just screamed and pulled him.

"Hou, it turns out that you can immediately know that I am a Lich. It seems I underestimated your line of information. I will not mince words, I just want to know, how you send information and what you want to do." When Garius asked the soldier, Adelia threw the soldier who had been killed at the leg of the soldier who was being interrogated, which made the soldier's leg lose strength and fell to his knees. It seems that after the incident with General Harris made Adelia merciless to the royal soldiers.

"A A-"

"Hey, I have no patience. I'm already cold and want to quickly take a hot shower and sleep on a soft mattress. If you dare to waste my time, we'll see what happens." Garius tries to frighten the soldier but it seems the effect is too strong making the soldier's eyes turn white and unconscious.

*Sigh ~

"Adelia, tried to search them." Garius began to search the body of the soldier in front of him and found some parchments. The parchment contained pictures of the faces of three people he knew and warrants for his arrest.

"Hou, Adelia take a look at this." Garius handed the parchment in his hand to Adelia.

"One thousand gold?" asked Adelia.

"Hahaha, looks like you've become a famous person. Did you find something?"

"Nothing suspicious. Just this." Adelia gives her findings in the form of a small roll of paper to Garius.

"Um, as I thought. They use carrier pigeons. Then we have to .. Wait a minute, meanwhile, can you call Paul and Emily over here." Adelia nodded and left.

Not long after, Adelia was back with Paul and Emily. Paul is seen carrying a parchment with their faces on it, it seems like Adelia has explained the situation to Paul and Emily while Garius is still standing there, in front of the corpses of soldiers and soldiers who have collapsed.

"Paul, it looks like Brian is in trouble. Can you go to Arvo with Adelia and find out what's going on there. If anything happens, meet me here. It looks like this place is a guard post to monitor the traffic to Arvo." Garius can't let Paul go alone and he wants to ensure Brian's safety so he asks Adelia to accompany Paul. At least he would be calmer if Adelia was with Paul, considering all the Enchantments in Adelia's body, Garius felt that Adelia would invincible as long as she does not meet a human on General Harris level.

"Yes, I thought that too and was planning to go straight to Arvo after seeing the poster, I'm very worried about Mr. Brian and Sam." Paul explained.

After checking their equipment, Adelia and Paul immediately moved according to Garius' request, leaving Garius and Emily there.

"Umm, because it's cold, how about we go to the tent?" Garius doesn't know what to talk about, but they just can't stay out in the open, let alone see Emily's bad condition and trying to break the ice. Emily said nothing, she just obeyed and walked into the tent.

Silent, only the sound of the wind blowing outside the tent was the only sound that was heard. Emily looked out of the tent with her blank gaze while occasionally taking deep breaths.

*Sigh ~

Garius, who has been wanting to read his book, is disturbed by the sound Emily makes and discourages him from reading the book.

"Ahem." Garius fakes his cough and says. "So what would you do?."

"?" Emily looked at Garius with her empty eyes.

"I mean, you are now a fugitive who is being sought throughout the Eldia kingdom. Then what are you going to do." Garius tries to repeat the question and finally he gets an answer from Emily.

"I-I don't know ..." Emily shook her head and looked down.

"Hmm, then, is there anything you want to do?"

"Me?."

"Yes, because you don't know what to do. Isn't it better if you think about what you want to do or what you want to have? Because every human being has a desire right?"

"I ... I just want to be free .."

"Free? Aren't you free? Or do you want to die?"

"Eh .." Emily was surprised to hear Garius's question. She tried to link the words free and death but she could not find the connection between the two words in her head and decided to ask.

"Die? Are you threatening me?"

"No no, I didn't threaten you. You said you wanted to be free, even though you are now a free human being. So I thought you wanted to die, because for some people, dying is a liberation."

"To die is liberation .." Emily thought about Garius' words and began to realize the meaning of what Garius was saying. But that was not what she meant, and Emily could not form the words to express her wish and could only say.

"Oh no. I still want to live. Not free like that." Emily replied nervously.

"Then what do you mean by free, what is free after all."

"I-I don't know .." Garius smiled with Emily's relaxed reaction.

"Okay." Garius put down the book he had wanted to read and got started.

"As far as I know, humans are never free. From birth, school, and then they go to socialize with other humans after they grow up, they are never free. Even after death they are not free."

"Haa what do you mean, I really don't understand. Didn't you say I was a free human." Emily rolled her eyes and then cursed Garius for his nonsense.

"Hahaha, think about it. After they are born into adolescence, they are bound by family rules. After school they are bound by school rules. After graduating from school and starting to enter society they are bound again by rules and laws. Even after death they are still bound by god's rules. . Doesn't that mean they are never free ?. " Garius smiled smugly.

"Rules ..." Emily put a finger on her chin trying to digest what Garius was saying. Since childhood, Emily was born into a noble family and really understands family rules and school rules, therefore she immediately understands what Garius said at the beginning of his sentence, but she still can't digest what Garius says afterwards. If humans enter society, of course they will be bound by the law and must obey the law. But what about death, do they still have to obey God's law? and the answer is clear, yes. Because God will determine whether they will go to heaven or hell, then when will humans be free.

"Then why do you say I'm a free human." Emily furrowed her brows.

"Because you are a free when you think so."

4