Chapter 29
142 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun was almost setting on the western horizon and the village gate looked like the mouth of a monster ready to pounce. Paul and Adelia stop after a day of racing on their horses.

"Paul, look at that." Adelia pointed at the gatekeeper who was three times the usual number.

"Acha .. I think Mr. Brian is really in trouble. But how do they know."

"Hmm? We still don't know for sure if Brian's in trouble. We'd better find out first."

"But how? the guard is so tight."

"We'll wait until the sun goes down. Maybe I can get through the wall."

"Hmm? That's right, if you possibly could. Alright, we'll wait until evening."

Adelia and Paul tied their horses in the trees, they did not light a bonfire and remained in the shade of the trees while enduring the cold air to avoid the eyes of the guards who were a hundred meters from their location. After sunset they did not immediately move, they continued to monitor the situation at the gate and wall they were about to enter. After knowing the patrol lines and the number of guards, Adelia started moving towards the wall. With agility she climbed the wall which was only two meters high with ease. Once inside, Adelia maximized [Stealth] and [Acceleration] to sneaking around until she finally reached the shop where Brian was. Adelia didn't enter the front door. Like the time she got back with Garius, Adelia walks in through Brian's bedroom window and finds Brian struggling with diagrams.

"You don't know how worried Paul and you are ..." Adelia wanted to give Brian a piece of her mind after seeing him as if he didn't know what was going on outside. But considering Brian, Adelia is not surprised that Brian really doesn't know anything about what happened.

*Sigh ~

"W-who?" Brian was startled and took a knife from his desk drawer.

"This is me." Adelia entered through the window and showed her face.

"Ah .. Don't scare me like that!"

"What happen sir? Ara ~ Adelia, when did you come." Sam arrived after hearing Brian's voice.

"Um, I'll get to the point. Master, I, Paul and Emily are already fugitives. And I don't think we will be able to meet for a long time. I'm here to check on you guys, looks like you'll be okay? "

"Yes, nothing happened here. But what about Paul?"

"He's fine, he's waiting for me outside the village. Is there anything you want to tell him?" Adelia asked Sam, and Sam looked at Brian before answering.

"Take me, I want to meet Paul." Sam said firmly, as if she had made up his mind. Meanwhile Brian was stunned for a moment before saying.

"Me too, I want to go with  Master."

"What are you saying, do you understand that we are fugitives?"

"I don't care, please take me with you."

"Me too. Please."

"Ahh .. I don't understand what happened anymore. It's up to you, I'll go back to Paul first, I'll meet you after you guys are out of the village. But you can't take too long, because right now the Master is waiting."

Fifteen minutes later Sam was outside the shop in his horse-drawn carriage waiting for Brian to arrive shortly thereafter. They didn't carry much, just a few clothes and of course all the parchments Brian had.

"Evening sir, can I see the identity card?" a guard stopped their horse-drawn carriage. Sam then gave her adventurer card with Brian's identity card.

"What is it, it seems very busy ?." Sam asked the guards after seeing the unusual number of guards.

"Oh, Lord Ludwig! It's nothing, it just seems like a criminal has escaped from the prison in the capital."

"Has the criminal got here?"

"It's not just Arvo, miss, the orders went straight from the Royal Knights through the Adventurer's Guild, so all villages and towns must obey. You can rest easy, the criminal will be caught soon."

"Do you have a picture of the criminal's face? Who knows I met him on the trip."

"Oh sure, his poster has been displayed on every bulletin board at every city gate. Only one of them has no clear picture of his face."

"One? There are a lot of criminals?"

"Hehehe, yes miss. That criminal will not be able to escape from prison if he does not have a conspiracy right. For more details, you can see on the bulletin board, now I will excuse myself. NEXT!" The guard said goodbye to Sam and called the next person who would check his identity card.

Sam saw that there were six posters there, with two of them been there before and four new posters, and of the four posters in order from the right namely, Adelia, Paul, a skull face and finally a woman who Sam guessed was Emily. But Paul's face is not like Paul's at all, in the picture is a man with black robe that you would think that he is a black magician at one glance. Sam breathed a sigh of relief and chuckled. Sam take one glanced at it again and spurred her horse to hurry to the meeting place with Paul.

At T junction campsite, Garius was reading his book which he could read after arguing with Emily, he looked at Emily who was sleeping in the tent and a grin appeared on his lips.

"Heh, want to have an argument with me. As long as you never meet the Great Sage named Internet, you will never be able to win over me."

"Ugh .. Di .." *ssshhh

"Oh you awake ?." Garius's gaze shifted to the bound guard at the end of the tent.

"You..you what do you want!"

"Come on, don't joke with me. You know exactly what I want. Come on and tell me quickly, or .. Hehehe .."

The guard shuddered at Garius's words, he could feel all the hairs on his body standing up and warm water started to soak his crotch ..

"Hmm? Let's quickly tell how you guys know I'm here. Ah, I just got a good idea for what ritual I'm going to use on you, in a moment, I'll prepare the equipment." and Garius began to get up from his seat.

"W-wait! I'll talk! Please sit down and listen to me." the guard wanted to stop him from standing up but because he was tied up, he fell face down. 

"Umu, well I'll listen to it. Maybe if you give me some interesting news I will forget what ritual I want to do." Garius helps the guard to sit down. 

"Yes, please sit down, I-I'll talk. I-I got an emergency mission from the Adventurer's Guild this morning. The Guild Master personally met me and several B-class adventurers, t-the mission is to guard several posts around the Eldia Kingdom and to report any Black Witch visible movements.. "

"Hmm, so you work like a sentries. Then did they say anything about me?"

"N, n... Yes yes they are ... they say things like the awakening of the Demon Lord a-and ... R-revelation of the Goddess Astra. That's it, nothing else. Really, I'm not lying."

"Tch, what's a demon lord, what's revelation ... Do you believe in that?"

"N-no I just need money because of the big prize, just to keep watch somewhere .."

"Hou, so you took a mission for money, not for humanity and the nonsense they say. I like smart humans, good."

"Y-Yes sir, soon my son will get married, I want to buy a present for him. So please don't kill me, please."

Garius stared at him, this guar- no, this guy was a class B adventurer on hire. Class B, the adventurers of that class should have great courage, but he didn't see it at all in the adventurers in front of him. Is he lying or is there something with Lich, like an exaggerated story to scare the kids that I heard as fairy tales when I was little.

"Hey, have you ever heard the story about Lich ?."

For a moment the adventurer was like a statue with his eyes and mouth wide open, as if Garius was asking the thing he least wanted to answer and shifted his gaze downward.

"Hmm? .."

"Hiii, No! Don't kill me. Please!" and the adventurer began to cry.

"All right, now you take a nap. Don't get involved in this problem anymore. Remember that." then Garius hit the adventurer and knocked him out.

But to guard all the posts to monitor the transportation route. They know what they are doing, and what is it about demon lords? God's revelation?

*Sigh ~

Ah it's none of my business. Let the priests hallucinate. Now I better focus on more important things.

After this incident Garius understood the importance of the information network which is now his weakness. And also transportation, but Garius hasn't figured out how to get around it and lays it on the back of his mind. What matters most is where they are going.

If they monitored every junction there would be no safe place. If Garius uses the way he often sees in the movies, that 'the enemy's place is the safest place' means that he has to move to a place that they don't expect at all, but where. While Garius is thinking about their destination, a horse sounds from outside the tent and Garius checks it.

"Master !." Adelia came half running.

"Ohh, you've arrived. How? Any news?"

"Yes, Master, all city gates are blockaded and everyone who wants to enter the village or city must pass through the ID card filter."

"Can't enter the village or town? Hmm .."

"Mr. Garius, it looks like we can not return to the direction we came. Behind, I see a post guarded by adventurers."

"Eh? Then how did you get through?"

"We're using Mr. Brian's status  to pass, sir." replied Sam.

"Eh .. Hahaha .. So I see, well everyone get inside first, it's really cold outside."

4