Chapter 9 – Hot Reprieve
124 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Splish, splosh...

Splash!

My foot becomes wet as I enter the foggy room.

"It's hot." I mutter in heavy breath. "So this is the baths huh..." I look around in this fog.

The place is marvelous, or should I say marble-lous? Anyways this room is white like marble, the walls are flat with some frills and ornamentations around but otherwise it's still impressive.

Grumble~

"Ugh." After looking around I hold my tummy. "That food tasted like nothing, but I still hated it." Who would want to eat something with no taste?

But I mean I have no choice, but still.

I grumbled, "My stomach feels nothing even though I'm full." It's an unpleasant feeling.

Anyways, I try to forget about my belly and focus on what's in front of me.

And what's in front certainly would have attracted me if I was a guy, heck even now it still is.

"I'm sorry that the meal we prepared wasn't to your taste, my lady." In front of all the white in this room there's a red splotch. 

It's "Miriam." I muttered.

"And I'm also so sorry that I couldn't help you with your emotions as well. I'm so foolish that I didn't know what you were going through..." She keeps blaming herself.

"No no it's fine, no need to apologize." I reassure her.

You can't do much with what happened during breakfast.

"Really…?"

"Yes." I try my best to move on from that topic.

And now,

She begrudgingly moved on from that situation as well. "My Lady, please enjoy your bath." It's not the usual Miriam with her maid uniform.

She wore nothing more than towels to cover her top, it's hard to see with the fog but I can clearly see her whole thigh and the side of her butt from here, I could have seen more if she moved to the right angle.

I would have been immersed in her beauty if I was a guy but right now. "Of course." I could only comply.

Maybe because I'm in the body of a 9 year old, I do not feel that much lust from it. I'm aroused, sure but it doesn't feel sexual to me.

How weird.

But back to me at hand. My toes were the first to dip themselves onto the flat water below. 

Then my foot, then my other toes and now—everything waist down is submerged in warm water.

"Please, take off your towel as well my lady." It's time for this.

I'm hesitant to do this but…I have no choice.

"Okay..." 

I took off my towel and saw my bare skin.

I am a man in his late 30s seeing the body of a 9 year old child. This whole situation is something I wanna kill myself over but alas, this is my body.

But that reason alone wasn't what made me hesitant.

Miriam realized as well, she couldn't hold back her tears. "My Lady...your body's so..." She couldn't say it in fear of me getting offended.

But I finished it anyway. "It's frail right?" I need to come to the truth.

Arianne's body is seriously thin, dangerous in fact. Looking down I saw my flat and undeveloped chest, no indication of breasts growing; but that doesn't matter as below my chest—I can see my rib cage.

My body frame is like the ironic alternative to an hourglass shape, yes it is shaped like that but that's only because my waist doesn't have any meat to it. With not just that, my arms and legs are also lanky, looking like sticks joined together with sphere joints.

"My Lady..." Miriam couldn't say anymore whilst looking at my sorry state.

And I even thought so as well. It's worse than I thought now that I can see my full body. 

No wonder Arianne is the way that she is. The only feelings people have with me are pity and annoyance.

Except one… "Miriam." I call out her name.

But first I felt tired just looking at myself, so I finally sat down in the waters below.

Then once again, "Miriam." I call out her name. 

Turning around my head and being confronted with her sitting body, I focus on her face.

Her face is a mix of confusion and worry, she asks. "What is it my lady?" 

Bluntly answering. "Why do you follow me?" This situation specifically highlighted the absurdity of her staying by my side. "You are doing much more than what a maid should do within her parameters. Why Miriam?"

"..." 

Miriam couldn't say anything right now.

Thought so. I thought. What a pointless question, I should just be grateful I have a maid in the first place—

Then she said something that interrupted my thoughts. "...It was because I was charmed by you, my lady."

"What do you mean?" I'm confused.

She elaborates. "There isn't really a single reason why I decided to follow you, my lady. In fact, I was just like the rest of the servants here when it comes to you, avoiding at all costs. Well…"

She continues. "I...was a peasant that was brought here through the relatives of Lord Albrecht, so I'm not really like the rest of the maids here in the first place. But still, I only watched like the rest of them." And that point made Miriam's face really sad.

Continuing on, "Then, when your guardian knight disappeared all of a sudden…." She started to cry.

"Miriam, continue on past that part." I can already guess what happened there.

That's when the abuse started huh… I thought, so my face became dark.

"Okay my lady, during that period of time, none of the servants and maids were willing to help in fear of being punished by that bitch—I mean woman, but since I was already casted as an outsider; and well, I don't answer to Lord Albrecht directly...I decided to serve you my lady."

Lastly, "Although I was pressured by the other staff in this palace, I kept continuing to serve you my lady. Until...that happened and I had no choice but to escape and relay the information to your father, to put an end to the madness." She ends the tale on that vague note.

I had a lot of questions now, "What exactly happened, Miriam?" I try to ask but she only puts on a vague smile.

"It really does seem you lost a lot of your memories huh Lady Arianne?" And then she gently pats my head. "Honestly, in my humble opinion there are some memories better left forgotten." She told me.

It really is that bad huh…if even Miriam is going against me like this.

And now, "I see. But just so you know I'm slowly recovering them as we speak." Due to the real Arianne being inside me. 

I then look at her and tell her. "Enough of that Miriam, take care of me right now." I ordered.

"Yes, My Lady." And she obliged.

•••

Afterwards, both of us move on from that topic and continue our bath. Right now she's taking care of my silvery purple colored hair with some kind of primitive soap. Combing and caressing my hair like a doll.

"Although my lady is not in her best shape, I believe that your beauty would be unrivaled. Since Lady Arianne has the most beautiful hair I have ever seen." And she's right.

It feels like my hair is glistening and reflecting off the light right now.

And as for me, while relaxing my body neck down in this warm water, my head is gently resting upon her thighs.

If she was sitting on her knees with only her bathrobe was considered hot, then now being naked and having my head rest just a top her privates with her breasts blocking my view, it's basically hentai.

My instincts as a man are taking over me and I'm blushing constantly now, everything about me is feeling hot.

And she's aware of it, "Are you admiring my body Lady Arianne?" Though she probably means I admire her body, not attracted to it.

"Yes." But I admitted it nonetheless.

And it looks like I was right, "My Lady, I believe if you maintain a healthy lifestyle you could surpass this shape of mine in the future."

"Is that so…" I look at my face in the water.

Although my cheeks look hollow, I can still see that my beauty is unparalleled, at least when it comes to a 9 year old.

If I just get more meat I would be peerless. I thought to myself.

But yeah, "Oh and Miriam, is it really normal for you to be bathing with me as well?" I've been curious about it very much.

She chuckles to herself, "Well it's a custom in the Kingdom that a noble lady's most trusted maids would take a bath at least an hour before her lady does and must wait for her to come and attend to her bathing." 

"But I bathe in one of the small baths in the corners, so my lady shouldn't be worried about us sharing the same dirty water." She added.

"I see…" And with that. "Miriam, could I ask you to leave this bath first?" I told her. "I'll be wrapping up soon so I'd like some alone time for myself.

"Much obliged, my lady." She carefully stood up.

Now with me sitting instead of resting in the bath, I could see Miriam's naked body one more time before she put on her robes.

Paradise, I thought. I can't believe I have such a voluptuous maid with me.

And as she was walking out the baths, I spoke to her one last time.

"Miriam, thank you for everything you've done to me." I didn't shout as the echo here would be enough for her to hear.

Sure enough, she stops and turns around and says. "I do everything for you my Lady Arianne." And carefully closes the door to the baths.

And now with me alone, it's time to call forth the reason why I asked Miriam to leave in the first place.

"Did you hear what she said?" I look down at my reflection on the water.

And I can see one of my eyes tearing up without my consent.

"Yes..." The original Arianne responds.

"Why are you crying?" I'm confused.

"It's just that...I'm so happy that Miriam is still by my side." She continues. "I was just so desperate back then, when Mr. Knight left no one was there to protect me except Miriam. I wanted people to protect me from my step-mother and she was the only one that did." 

"I see…" I don't know what to say to her about this. So I continue. "But now you have more people that'll protect you right? How about your father?" After muttering the last word I felt a violent reaction.

"Father?! Why is it only now that he comes and saves me, he ignored me for years and only now that he suddenly becomes a father to me?" This was the first time I felt so much anger from Arianne.

And I could feel her sentiment. I also know how it feels to have a father that didn't act like a parent at all suddenly giving me love.

"If you think that's bad, wait to hear mine.

For years my parents neglected me and treated me more as an errand boy for their vices than their own son. But when I became successful and wealthy with my endeavors, suddenly they crawled back to my life and used his title as my parents to siphon money off me." I told her with glee.

I made sure with my lawyers that no money would get inherited by them.

"Oh my..." Arianne was shocked to hear the details.

"So you see, your father could have been worse. He didn't abuse you like your step-mother right?"

"Uh-huh..." She begrudgingly agreed.

"Plus I also heard that when Miriam rushed to him and told him what happened, he came back and saved you right?" I don't know the full story but that's what I can guess.

"Yeah..." She agreed to that as well.

And now, "I'm not saying that you should like your father right away. All I'm saying is give him the chance to redeem himself to you. In my opinion it's good that although late, he decided to spend time with you now then never." I told her.

"Yeah." She sounded hesitant but she's smiling now.

You're a child after all. I thought. So of course she wouldn't understand the scope of work he has to do.

As a father of two as well, I can understand the sentiment of Albrecht not being able to take care of Arianne, since work often clashes with family.

"Though I could and should blame him for getting you hurt, Arianne. You should not have been abused and neglected the way you did." I hold my face and look at this body of mine.

As a father myself Albrecht, even if you did not hurt Arianne yourself. But you are still to blame for what happened to her by your wife. You are responsible for this.

I can definitely understand Arianne's anger.

Just thinking about this whole situation makes me angry. "This is my body now Arianne, I'll make sure I will never look like this again." I proclaim.

"R-really?" Her words are shaking. "T-that means you'll protect me as well right?" 

"Well you are a part of me now, so isn't that obvious?" I state with a smile.

"Thank you…" And now she cried again.

People in this world cry too easily. Referring to Miriam earlier.

She continued. "Even though I'm so weak that I don't want to live anymore, and I put your soul inside me…?"

I was silent for a moment before saying, "Yes."

I was silent because. She truly is like me huh. So she also wanted to end it all as well.

Anyways. "So, wanna see your father again?" I ask for confirmation.

"Yeah." That should have been enough but, "...But Mr. Kim, oh I mean Arianne, yes I was angry at dad for neglecting me, but I was most angry because he didn't tell me about my mother."

"Oh right." I remember she wasn't angry at him specifically earlier, she was angry that he didn't tell her about her mom until now.

"So you wanna know your mom?"

"Hm-mmm~" she nodded.

That'll be on my checklist later. I thought.

Anyways, "But before we get out Arianne, there's one last thing that I should ask."

"...What is it?"

"Why has your body become like this?" I look at my reflection once more. "You know this isn't healthy or even safe for you."

"..." She is silent once more.

And then, "I...know. But I cannot feel it."

"What?" I was confused.

"I know I know!" She held her head. "I know I'm not healthy at all, but my mind keeps telling me I'm fine! I feel fine, I don't feel like I'm not unhealthy at all..." 

"If I start to eat more I feel bad, I feel so worthless when I eat because I'm just bothering everyone..."

"..." I'm now convinced.

Her fears and concerns manifested into a disorder. I thought to myself. She has an eating disorder.

This is worse than just not being able to eat for a week.

"Arianne, who told you those words?" As a child it's natural for her to be selfish and want something. 

She thinks too much about other people's view of her for it to be natural.

"She...she told me, that I am someone that shouldn't even be born...that I should be grateful for just existing—"

"Bullshit!" My anger is seething right now.

Be grateful for being alive? That's what my drunk father told me when I tried to talk back.

Be grateful you have food on the table when it's just rice and dried fish. Be grateful that you have money when it's just coins. Be grateful you have a place to sleep when the banks are about to foreclose our home.

I rejected those words and moved my place up in life. And those very people were begging to me afterwards.

I hate it, and I hate how those words made the body I inhabited anorexic.

"Arianne, your bitch of a step-mother is here no more. So make sure you listen to me from now on okay?" Even if she's gone, her influence is still there.

I need to change that.

I must become her figure of authority for this body to be healthy again.

"Y-yes…?" She's confused, of course she is.

"Arianne, what do you want to do?" I need to know her better. "What's your goal in life?" 

"W-well..." She thought about it.

Arianne really thought about it.

And after a while...

I got her answer. "I wanna be strong. I want to become strong enough so that no one would hurt me anymore." 

There is no hesitation in her words.

"A great answer Arianne." I praise her at this very crucial moment.

"As for me..." I told her my goal. 

"I want to be happy. I want to live my life for my own sake and do what I want by my own accord." 

In other words living the life of someone that doesn't need to work. Relying on the already existing wealth of my family to do whatever I want.

I want to live the life of a princess.

What's Arianne's reaction?

"I see, fufufu—" She chuckled. 

It seems she's finally in a positive mood.

"Yeah, I think our goals in life align pretty well." Now that the mood is light...

"That's right, if both of us work together we won't have any regrets." I continued.

"It's our second chance." And now…

"That's right Mr. Kim."

"No, call me Arianne as well." I told her, and furthermore… "You need to listen to me now okay? I'm way more successful than that stepmother of yours. Case in point I'm in this house now and she's not."

Arianne is someone with ambition but doesn't know how to get there. While I in this new life have no desire for ambition but knew how to get there through my past life.

If both of us help each other out then we're both happy.

She chuckles a bit more. "Yeah, you're right mr—I mean Arianne, I'll try my best." And with that.

"Good." I got out of the bath and put on my bath towels and robe.

"Let's go now Arianne. Our father is waiting." 

"Yeah, I wanna see father now…"

Both of us left the bath in a good mood.

•••

"Be careful now my dear." I hold my daughter's thin hand.

"I'm okay father, I'm already being hold by 3 people right now." She told me.

"A horse is a horse, you may never know if my steed decides to suddenly move."

Right now we're in front of the many entrances outside the palace, as I'm riding my trusty steed and helping my daughter to ride in front of me.

"W-why do we have to ride a horse father?" Arianne asks.

"It's the best mode of transportation my child, a carriage is too slow and we may get stuck in traffic, and walking may be too dangerous and I don't trust your stamina that much. Plus in both alternatives as we're both going incognito we may get noticed by the citizens so the horse is the best option we have." I told her exactly the reasons why.

"...Thanks for the long winded explanation dad." She told in a deadpan voice.

"Of course." I know she's being sarcastic but we don't have much time.

In an annoyed voice. "Also, why am I wearing such thick coating?" 

On her appearance she's like a furball. With many coats surrounding her.

As for the reasons why, "Due to the heat stones surrounding the palace, you didn't feel as cold as what those outside feel, so we need you may not be used to the outside." That's the first reason.

There are two other reasons why though, and there's no need to tell her.

The first one is her extreme frailty, it's unacceptable for such a young girl to be so thin and skinny.

The second is her white, purple-ish hair. It's the color of royalty, although it is known that I have a daughter whom shares royal blood, it may still cause a commotion if it was revealed in public so I had no choice.

But still, it is only now from the words of that Miriam that I know how severe her lack of desire to eat is on her health.

I feel ashamed as her father. This is the first steps to mitigate that.

"Open the gates!" I ordered.

"Yes my Lord!" The men shouted and as they open the large gates.

"Whoa..." 

A cold breeze passes through.

Hey everyone, it's me. Before anything else, school and video games have been occupying my time so I haven't been here in a while. Anyways, I decided to do Princess first since I think it's an easier story to write than Black Witch right now, kinda like to get myself ready to write that chapter. But well as you can see this is the longest chapter in this series :P 3330 words!

But yeah, the reason I guess is there's a lot of dialogue in here, and a lot of emotion too, even I felt it at times haha xD yeah a lot of character development which is nice ^^ this chapter initially would contain the events of next chapter but since it was too long I split it again haha.

Yeah, and I'm starting to like writing Arianne more and more :P as well. Funnily enough I initially created her since I wanted a more simpler protagonist to write. And well how did that turn out xD

But yeah, one more thing. I am NOT representing people in real life. This isn't a disclaimer but more of a warning, one annoying trend I found while watching western media is they represent people with no other reason then for the sake of representation. Like yeah you identify this or that or you have that condition? What's the point of it in the story. So yeah, if you feel attached to Arianne if your someone who's bulimic or anorexic, then thank you, but it's purpose is in the story, I didn't make Arianne have all this health problems for the sake of having them.

But yeah I've rambled on long enough :P arigatou and thank you for reading this chapter! :3 :D :O

6