New Skill
547 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jason followed the girl with his eyes and couldn't help but be intrigued.

' She seems to be confident in her skills if she practically called me a noob, but isn't she  also practically in the side of the noobs?

No matter, I'll just have to find out .'

Jason saw that the other people were heading towards a table and we're beginning to choose a bow, so he also went and choose a bow.

"Hmmm.....

Jason held the wooden  bow in his hand and felt it's weight. It felt heavier than he had thought it would , but also not that heavy. He also tried touching the string and felt it's tension in his fingertips showing that this was not a toy.

"Alright, now the beginners please come with me! The rest can continue with practicing by themselves.

Come!"

The gotee instructor waved at them and the three of them followed, Jason, the girl and the little boy. They were taken to the side and the instructor started to show them the ropes. He showed them how to hold the bow, how to draw the arrow by both drawing the string and pushing the bow at the same time, and also how to hold the arrow.

"Now those are the basics and the only things that you should practice for now. You may not be very good at first, but I'll help you find your problems, and the easiest way to learn is to practice.

So, who wants to go first? How about you, Fir was your name right?"

The instructor asked as he extended the bow towards Fir who took it. He was a little worried though as his hand was grabbing the bow a little to tight.

"Yeah, my Name is Fir."

"Great, so how about you try it now? Don't worry , I'll help you."

Jason felt a little antsy about going first, but soon a cold  feeling made him calm down. He took one  of the arrows that was sticking on the ground and put it on his bow. He slowly put the arrow the correct way and started to pull with both hands as the instructor said. 

"Good, good....

He felt the tension of the string sink on his flesh, as his shoulder also felt a little stiff.

" Okay, now you....

*Tick*

As the instructor was speaking the arrow fell from his bow and into the ground. This made Jason embarrassed as he felt someone staring at him from the back.

'Fuck...

"It's okay, this can happen, but there is one thing you have to remember. That is to never let go of the string if you don't have an arrow on it, because if you do that you will definitely damage your bow.

Come on, try it again!"

Jason took the arrow that had fallen on the ground and tried again. He put the arrow in the boe, drew it back and released it.

*Tang*

The string made a pleasant sound as the arrow flew away, but didn't hit anything as there was nothing to hit.

"Good, good, that is very good. You just have to remember that you have to keep your shoulders straight and that you shouldn't hold the arrow for to long. Now, I'll leave the three of you to practice drawing the bow for a wh......

"Excuse me, instructor? Can I move to the other group?"

Both the instructor and Jason turned to see the one who said those words was the girl. She was lazily staring at the instructor who was interrupted mid sentence.

"Oh , you want to go to the other group? May I know why?"

"It's easy....

The girl took two arrows from the ground with her right hand and immediately shoot one of them. Not two seconds later, a second arrow flew from the bow leaving all of those around speechless, especially the instructor who was wide-eyed.

"May I  go to the other group now?"

"Ah...

The instructor who was surprised came to his senses and started to violently twist and turn his gotee. It was pretty hilarious that Jason almost started to laugh.

'Haha, it seems like she wasn't all talk. She definitely knows how to handle a bow, and very good  if I may say.' thought Jason as he looked at he girl from top to bottom.  He could definitely see that she was experienced as she shoot with almost the same ease as the man he had gone to the dungeon today.

"Hmmm, can you show me your hands for a while? I just need to check something."

"Sure..." said the girl as she showed the instructor her open palms. It took less than five seconds of looking before the instructor started to shake his head, as he understood what just happened.

"You seem to have practiced the bow for quite a while. Who did you learn it from?"

" I learned from my father. He is a Ranger."

"A ranger huh.... 

Well that explains your skill, but I don't understand one thing: why did you come here? Wouldn't it be better if you learned from him?"

"I know.... but I want something more than to become a Ranger. I want to become an Ark Master."

"......

The girls statement made the instructor even more surprised as he was practically yanking at his gotee right now. Jason looked at the instructors reaction and was also surprised.

' What the hell is an Ark Master? Is it some kind of Class of this world?  Also, is it something to be this surprised about?'

" Haah~

The instructor after a long time released a long sigh.

"It seems that you seem to have heard something. Did you hear that a master Archer is among the instructor's?"

"Yes, you are correct. I came here to prove myself to that master Archer. I'm very good with the bow , and I also still haven't received my Class."

".....

Girl, I suggest that you go back and you learn from your father. About learning from that man, I suggest you just forget about it  and move on with your life."

The instructor discouraged her , but she didn't even flinch and headed to the other group, leaving a few words lingering in Jason's ear's.

"No thank you, I'll stay here."

This made Jason a little jealous as he took another arrow and started to practice on his own. He drew the bow again and again , but without releasing the arrow and with each draw he adjusted his draw.

' It seems that even in this world there exist cooky geniuses. No matter though, I just have to use my title and I'll gain a skill in no time. '

And so Jason practiced drawing the bow more than 20 times before a notification appeared on his view.

*Ting*

      

        You have learned a skill. 

' Did I learn the archery skill so easily?'

Jason was surprised as he hadn't expected to learn the skill so soon, but he wasn't complaining. On the contrary, he opponed his status, went to his skills and surely, a new skill was in there.

"What the fuck....

As soon as he saw the skill a feeling of danger washed over him, but as every time he was soon calmed down by a cool feeling. The skill he had just gained was not the archery skill, but 'Poison Resistance'.

        Poison Resistance LV 1
Your body may become weak and fragile, but what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

Vitality +0.25

20