Chapter 13 – World in His Eyes.
578 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The area Shinigami Academy covered in the Seireitei was massive enough to have a forest rather than just a garden. It was the place where most students came when there was lunch break.

Even Rukia was here, sitting with her back against the tree, gazing towards the Shinigami Academy. She and her friends had decided that they'd join the Academy and become a Shinigami.

By the time they were old enough to travel, she had lost most of her friends. The only one that was able to come here with her was Renji.

But Renji was able to become a student of first-class while she was thrown into the second class.

Although it didn't seem like much from what she heard, there was a world of difference. The classes were different, the training was varied, and even the performance.

Right now, she was just sitting here, sulking, when suddenly something in front of her changed.

Rukia blinked, looking at a blue hakama in front of her, which suddenly appeared. She rubbed her eyes, looking upwards at the young man with a handsome face.

Her eyes automatically turned towards his scarlet eyes, attracting her attention, fixing her eyes.

"Hey."

"Hi?" Rukia tilted her head, feeling her heart start to palpitate for a moment, hearing his voice. She shook her head, trying her best to stop blushing, hide her feeling from him. She knew that he had a wife, Tsunade.

Over the past month, Tsunade taught her more than she learned in her whole life in the Rukongai.

"Hey."

Rukia snapped out of her thoughts, looking at Jay squat in front of her. His eyes were gazing down at her with a confused smile.

"Sorry!" Rukia sat up, patting her cheek, deflating moments later, "It was just...a tough day."

Jay sat down beside her, "I can understand...what you are feeling right now."

Rukia slapped her cheeks, "It's not that bad. I'll work hard, and I'll become a Shinigami!"

Suddenly, he felt a heavy hand on top of her head, making her look up with at his smile, "You don't have to try and be optimistic. I can tell...you have a lot of talent. You'll make a great Shinigami."

Rukia widened her eyes for a moment, softly smiling, "Thank you...for saying that."

Jay curved his knees, resting his hands on them, chuckling, "I am not just saying it. Ever since the day I was born...I could see what others can't...people call it fate, destiny, luck, fortune, potential. But I can show you."

"Huh?" Rukia quizically looked at him when Jay put his hand on her back. All Rukia saw was a glow in Jay's scarlet eyes, and the world in front of her changed. The sky changed, becoming darker, and pillars of light shot for, connecting the ground to the sky.

She barely caught a glimpse of that world, but the immense pressure seemed to crush her soul, making her body fall towards the sight, fainting. But even as the world around Rukia began to darken, she could feel a cold. The energy covered her, protecting her from the others.

For a moment, she thought it was Jay's energy when his calming voice entered her ear, making them the last words she heard before fainting, "It's yours...this is you."

In the evening,

Rukia opened her eyes, feeling her head hurt, pain covering her body, feeling thirty, "Water..."

Someone put a glass on her lips, lifting her head, helping her drink water.

Rukia closed her eyes, opening them, staring at the roof, when a young man's face appeared in front of her, his scarlet eyes looking down at her, "Hey."

Rukia involuntarily let out a smile, "Hey."

Jay held Rukia's arm in his, apologetically smiling, "Sorry...that was too much for you."

Rukia dazedly stared at the roof, "I...saw that. That was me?"

Jay narrowed his eyes, pulling the chair near her, whispering, "There are barely 10 to 15 people with power like that and a few with potential. From the number of numbers...I can say that these people are the Captains."

Rukia sat up, widening her eyes even further, "Captain?!"

She had only heard of them, and even then, there were only Thirteen Captain's, and there was even a law that warned them about attacking a Captain.

Jay shrugged, scratching his cheek, "In fact, you are the third person with the potential of becoming a Captain. Toshiro, Renji, and then you. But the two are fine...you...aren't exactly confident of yourself. It's kinda like watching a precious gem thinking it's a pebble. It seems kind of annoying."

"Heh," Rukia looked away, letting out a short laugh, falling down on the bed, raising her hand, "Captain."

Jay crossed his legs, leaning against the chair's arm, whispering, "Yeah...beings that stand at the top of this Universe."

Although he said that, his eyes were brimming with fascination over what he saw. Using his sight did come at a cost... what Rukia was feeling was barely a portion of what he was feeling.

Just using it was a setback that might affect the rate at which his powers would restore. But then, he had his wife to help him. He didn't mind sacrificing a few years.

Yet, that wasn't what fascinated him. It was the fact that he saw a wave hiding beneath the one that was approaching now.

The Captains that rode the wave might not be able to ride that wave for long.

Moreover, since the two Universes hadn't fully merged, this wave didn't emerge from the combination.

Rukia shifted her eyes towards Jay, seeing his eyes filled with excitement, "Hah, you look awfully excited."

Jay chuckled, taking a deep breath, "I am...a bit excited. Things are becoming more interesting."

Rukia dazedly stared at him, her eyes becoming more distant before she turned and buried her face in the pillow. She raised her body, raising her hands in the air, cheering, shouting, "Captain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Jay started laughing, trying to hold back his laugher, rubbing his eyes.

Rukia rolled on the bed, holding her pillows, before she came to a stop, letting out a breath.

She raised her body, combing her messy hair, breathing with a red face, "Sorry...sorry."

Jay smiled, leaning forward, "No need to apologize."

Rukia calmed down, letting out a long breath, "But...I am still in second class."

Jay shifted his body from the chair to bed, stroking her cheek, "I don't know why. But I am going to help you out with that."

Rukia blushed, looking away, "Thank you."

4