Chapter 17 – Tsunade’s Betting Habit
642 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jay walked inside Tsunade's room when his footstep came to a stop, and his face became blank, "What are you doing?"

Tsunade was focused on the table in front of her, waving her hand, "Go away. I don't have time for you."

Jay shifted his eyes towards Naori, who was sitting in front of Tsunade with a bitter smile, holding three cards in her hands. Her gaze met with Jay's as she shrugged, shaking her head.

Jay walked over to Tsunade, massaging her shoulders, peeking towards her cards before sneaking and standing behind Naori, peaking at her hands.

He smiled, knowing that Tsunade had beet cards, and yet she would lose.

"I-I fold!"

Jay rolled his eyes when Naori felt even more awkward, winning like this, without even doing anything.

At first, she was enjoying it, but by now, she was filled with pity for Tsunade, working so hard. It wasn't like Tsunade didn't win/ But for every bet, she won she lost three.

Tsunade downed herself in sake because of losing all the time when Jay bent down, whispering in Naori's ear, "Let her win?"

Naori leaned back, whispering in Jay's ear, "I have been trying."

Jay knew he shouldn't, but he burst out in laughter, making Tsunade send deadly glares towards him.

Jay let out a breath, sitting down adjacent to both of them, holding Tsunade's hand, "You fell back to your bad habits."

Tsunade shot a look at him, gesturing towards Naori, "Did  I stop you from your bad habits?"

Jay slumped his head down while Naori put her cards in front of her face, hiding her blush.

The three of them had been here for nearly a year now, and in this year, things happened that Naori wasn't proud of. Even though she had seen the signs from Rukia and Momo, she was sure that she wouldn't be taken in.

Jay scratched his cheek, chuckling, "I actually came to ask about tomorrow. Momo, Renji, Kira, and Rukia haven't decided which team of three they want to make. So I wanted to make sure...we are a team, right?"

Naori removed the cards from her face, putting them on the table, smiling, "I'll go alone...you take Rukia or Momo with you."

Tsunade slumped down on the table, sneakingly peaking at Naori's cards, "No need. He doesn't deserve to be in a team, so we'll take Rukia or Momo and leave him alone."

Jay held Tsunade's palm, stopping her from looking at the cards on purpose, but he acted like he didn't know what he did, "Wife!!! Don't do that?! You know how much I hate to be alone!!"

It wasn't like there weren't other students in the class. But three of them were from another world, and three were from Rukongai. There was only one from a noble clan, Kira.

Most of the students were from noble families or were related to them, and the six of them were outsiders. So they were a bit ostracized by the others.

Ordinarily, he couldn't care less about it, but being in a team with brats that keep glaring, that was the last thing he wanted.

Tsunade became even more annoyed, missing the chance that she had to look.

Jay saw her become more annoyed, smiling as he got on his feet, sitting down on the chair, "Ok, you were going to win. If you played."

Tsunade's eyes shined as she hastily snatched Naori's cards, staring at them, puffing her cheeks, "What's the use! I lost!"

Naori put her hand on Tsunade's, "It's ok. I was just kidding. You don't have to pay the price."

Tsunade leaned back, crossing her legs, sipping from her sake cup, "No need for pity. Take what you want."

Jay put his elbows on the table, curiously looking at Naori, "What did she lose?"

Tsunade looked away, while Naori just kept watching him, holding a smile on her lips.

Jay glanced back, wondering if there was something behind him when he realized something, "Me?"

Naori sucked in her lower lip, smiling, nodding a few times, "Yeah, you."

Jay incredulously looked at Tsunade, "You sold me out? Really?"

Tsunade shook her head, pursing her lips, "No! I didn't. I ...just lost you in a bet."

Jay rolled his eyes, letting out a breath, "Oh wow. Why would I need to be a womanizer when I have a wife like you and a friend like her."

Tsunade scoffed at him, narrowing her eyes, "Hmph, you should enjoy it while you can."

"Ironically, I don't enjoy being sold," Jay puffed his cheek, letting out a breath, turning his eyes towards Naori.

He parted his lips, closing them, "Right...I don't even have words for you. I am starting to think behind that kind smile you are quite cunning."

Naori innocently blinked, "I am not. Really, I didn't taunt Tsunade while acting all innocent. So she becomes even more annoyed and bets even more. Or letting her win so that she becomes more confident before talking all her money so that she bets you in the game."

Tsunade got on her feet, pointing at Naori, looking at her with wide eyes, "You!!!!"

Jay covered his face, looking at Tsunade from the corner of his eyes, "You got played."

Naori drew her chair near Jay, tucking her hair behind her ear, with a twinkle in her eyes, "And so...you belong to me."

Jay chuckled, looking into her twinkling eyes, "Heh, no."

Tsunade gripped her fist, pouting, "One more!! One more game!"

Naori leaned on Jay's shoulder, rubbing her palm on his hand, "Yeah? And what are you going to bet with?"

Tsunade puffed her chest out, thumping her breasts, shaking them, "With myself!! My value is double that of him! At least!"

"Ugh," Jay covered his face, "I don't know what to say. Should I say I am lucky that I have her as my wife? Or should I say that I am unlucky?"

Naori was a bit stunned as well, "Ok...umm...ok. I don't know what to say either."

5