Chapter 19 – Hollows and Shirayuki
546 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Run!! Keep running!!" Shuhei Hisagi tried to defend himself against the two huge hollows.

Almost everyone was running, everyone but Momo, who dazedly stared at the hollow, "Why are we running?"

"Because that is what the leader said. The leader's orders are absolute!" Kira shouted.

Renji stared back at her, "Don't even think about helping him. Those sixth years were nearly killed if not for those rocks."

He, himself, couldn't believe the absurd words that he was saying, but someone threw rocks from the distance that not only saved the sixth year but also damaged the hollow.

Even then, they didn't dare to underestimate the hollows. When the hollows came to a halt, changing the direction. To move towards the way that the rocks came from.

Shuhei came to a stop, frowning when Aoga let out a breath of relief, "Thankfully, they are leaving."

"Idiot," Kanisawa lightly spoke, having calmed down from the fear of almost dying, focusing.

She narrowed her eyes, staring in the distance, "someone is releasing their spiritual energy to attract the attention of the hollows. With so many huge hollows, it's no different than suicide."

Hisagi furrowed his brows, taking out a book, "Who's not here?"

"Jay!"

"Rukia!"

Momo and Renji exchanged a glace, rushing behind the hollows. Going in the same direction as them.

"Wait!! You idiots!!" Hisagi shouted, following after them.

Kira didn't have any choice, so he started running after them as well.

Hisagi glanced towards him, "Why aren't the two of them here?"

Kira squirmed, hesitating when Kanisawa strictly spoke, "Tell us."

Kira let out a sigh, "Jay had a bad feeling that something was going to happen, so he wanted us. Tsunade, Naori, Rukia, and Jay took a direction each to see if things were all right."

Aoga blankly looked back, "How did he know that something like this would happen?"

Kira shook his head, "I don't know. Renji and I didn't even take him seriously. Now that I think about it, I should have. They are from the other human world and have been fighting wars ever since they were children...I shouldn't have ignored their instincts."

Hisagi frowned when there was a pillar of white light that shone brightly in the night.

Their eyes fell on the huge hollows that came to a stop when a voice entered their ear, "First Dance, White Moon."

There was a flash, and Rukia was standing in front of them, sheathing her katana, when numerous pillars rose behind her, freezing the group of huge hollows.

The pillars broke apart, breaking the bodies of the hollows into tiny pieces.

Hisagi widened his eyes, "A Shikai...? First-year?"

"Rukia!" Renji rushed over, tightly hugging her, when Rukia slammed her leg down on his, causing him to back off, holding his legs.

"What are you doing?!"

"I should be the one asking what you are doing?!" Rukia pointed at Renji, shouting.

Jay walked out from the mist that was covering the area behind her. He was carrying a smile on his lips, "Good job."

Rukia kept her hand on her beautiful white katana, with a ribbon flowing from the hilt, "Yes, but stay back. There could be more."

"There aren't. We took care of it," Tsunade stood at the nearby building, which only had one floor, "Did anyone get hurt?"

Even as she asked, her sight went towards Hisagi, who was bleeding from his right eye, "Naori."

"Yes."

Hisagi, Kanisawa, Rukia, Kira, Aoga, Renji widened their eyes, feeling a person appeared in between them without them realizing it. A dome covered them, and something changed.

Hisagi raised his hand, touching the right side of his face, healed of its injury. He lowered his hand, looking towards the purple-haired woman walking past him.

She was also holding a Zanpakuto, but it was different, released for sure.

Tsunade looked towards Hisagi, "Anyone else that got hurt?"

Hisagi hesitated, shaking his head, "No, there aren't any."

Naori exhaled in relief when her Zanpakuto turned back into its sealed form, "That was a disaster."

Tsunade narrowed her eyes, "I didn't know that hollows could hide their spiritual energies. That should have been the first thing taught at the Academy."

"They can't," Hisagi was still trying to process what had happened, "This was the first time that we came across hollows like these."

Tsunade looked towards Jay, "Could it be because the two universes are merging? Is that somehow affecting the hollows?"

Jay pressed his lips, looking at the bodies of the hollow that had disappeared, "I could have found out if the bodies of these hollows were still available. But there is nothing to test on. If I could use my sight-"

"No, no need," Tsunade held his collar, pulling him closer, "We are students. Let the adults handle this."

"Noo...you are definitely not just students after this," Kanisawa scrutinized Tsunade, Naori, and Rukia.

Hisagi nodded, "We should talk about this later. We'll send a report on this, but for now, let's go back before more hollows arrive."

Naori shook her head, "That's fine. I healed the injured member of barrier corp. The barrier is up and running again. Still, we should leave...who knows what kind of hollow might come next."

Jay walked over to Tsunade's side, with her head reaching his shoulder, putting his arm on her waist, "Good work, my dear wife."

Tsunade wrapped her hand around his waist, resting her head on his shoulder, "As long as you are all right."

Jay chuckled, "You are acting like I am made of glass."

Tsunade took a deep breath, holding onto his arm, looking up into his scarlet eyes, "To me, it looks like you are. And you have a tendency to do stupid things."

"You two are married?" Kanisawa glimpsed backward at Tsunade and Jay.

Jay smiled, nodding, "Yeah, married in life, still together in death."

"Wow, that's so romantic," Kanisawa watched the two with a smile, specially Tsunade.

There was a reason why Tsunade attracted much more attention than Jay. It was her power, or her ability to command someone like Naori. But it was just mannerism was different. It reminded her of when she saw a Captain.

And probably not just her.

5