Chapter 21 – Captains and Divisions
515 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tsunade entered a nearly empty hall when she realized there were others in this room. Her eyes fell on Naori, standing with Jay and Rukia, "I am the last one?"

Her voice echoed in the empty hall, making Jay smile, "You figured it out."

Tsunade confusedly looked at him, "What's there to figure out? We four are the only ones that have learned to release our zanpakuto."

Naori smiled, "We thought of the same thing, but the question is...do we have a plan?"

Jay narrowed his scarlet eyes, turning towards Tsunade, who looked away, looking uncomfortable.

"If there is an offer, then we are going to take it."

Tsunade looked up in surprise, "Really? Weren't we going to wait?"

Jay shrugged, "Do you want to wait? You are already far too worried about your little brother."

Tsunade pressed her lips, pursuing them, whispering, "Thank you."

Jay took her hand, kissing her forehead, "Don't be stupid."

Rukia was dazed, staring in the distance, muttering to herself, "I might become a Shinigami?"

Naori chuckled, "This one is a world of her own."

Jay patted Rukia's head, but she was still in a daze when the hall's door opened again, "Are the four of you here?"

Tsunade turned around, seeing Gengoro Onabara, their bald-headed teacher, hastily walking over. He wasn't the only one; behind him was a young man with long black hair, wearing Captain white haori, and behind him was an old man.

"A Captain," Tsunade muttered when Jay put his hand on her shoulder, whispering, "Not just one."

Tsunade shifted her eyes towards the door, watching two more people enter through the door. One was a young man with snake-like eyes, while the other was dark-skinned, blind.

But Jay was looking at the woman walking behind them, with a smile hanging on her lips. He nudged Tsunade, "I have a feeling we just spotted another Naori."

Naori pinched his back, leaning near him, innocently smiling, "You were saying?"

Jay rolled his eyes. No way he was going to take his sentence back after this.

"Hoh, so these are the geniuses that awakened their zanpakuto only after a single year," Gin watched them with a smile on his lips, barely any seam between his eyes.

"We don't dare say we are geniuses," Jay chuckled, "Especially in front of Captain Gin, who graduated just after a single year. Even got a seated position."

Gin carefully watched him with slitted eyes when Captain Unohana walked past him. Her gaze shifted between Jay, Tsunade, Rukia, and Naori, before landing back on Tsunade, "You were the one that sent me the letter, right?"

Tsunade nodded, "Yes, Captain."

Jay glanced towards her, making Tsunade smile, "It wasn't like you were going to say no."

Jay shrugged his mouth, "Mm."

Captain Unohana smiled, "Unlike them, you haven't learned to release your zanpakuto."

Tsunade watched Captain Unohana. Since she was called here, then it meant it wasn't a big problem. She held her zanpakuto when karma on her forehead glowed, massive spiritual pressure burst forth from her body.

The pressure caused even surprised the other Captain, even made Byakuya react and Gin open his slitted eyes.

The spiritual pressure was nearly reaching the levels of Captains. And this was before Tsunade had even achieved her Shikai.

Captain Unohana was the only one that didn't seem to react. She kept smiling, "Very well. If you want, then you can join Division 4 now or continue your studies and join it later."

"I'll join now," Tsunade's spiritual pressure disappeared since she was sure about what she wanted.

Byakuya darted his eyes between Tsunade and Captain Unohana before he shifted his gaze towards Rukia. His eyes softened, "I want to talk to Rukia privately."

Rukia nervously looked at Byakuya and the old man standing a step behind him. She held onto Jay's clothes, nervously looking at him as if asking what to do, when Tsunade stroked her head, "Go."

Rukia hesitated, nodding as she walked away with Byakuya and the butler.

Kaname, who had been standing quietly till now, turned around and left the room without saying anything.

Gin chuckled, "Now, you two. What are you planning to do?"

Jay rubbed his chin, smiling, "Ok. I don't mind being in the same Division as you. I have a feeling it will be interesting."

Gin chuckled, causing others to feel as if snaked were crawling on their skins, but he opened his slit eyes, "You are the last one."

Naori shook her head, "I was already offered a position, and I accepted."

This time, even Captain Unohana was surprised, "Who?"

"I!! I!! I!!" A young man came running into the room, breathing heavily, bowing towards the other Captains, "My apologies for being late!"

"Lieutenant Kaien," Unohana glanced back, realizing something, "Oh, is it for Captain Ukitake?"

Lieutenant Kaien rubbed the back of his head, nodding, "Yeah. Although Captain is resting it, I have hope that Miss Naori's zanpakuto's ability should be able to cure Captain of his sickness."

Unohana hesitated for a moment, nodding, "Ok. Best of luck."

Captain Gin clapped his hands, "Right, since we are done. Would my new Division member like to come with me?"

Jay kissed Tsunade's head, "I'll see you later."

He was just about to leave when Tsunade held his collar, kissing his cheek, "Take care."

Jay waved towards Naori, leaving with Gin while Naori left with Kaien Shiba.

Captain Unohana turned around to walk, with Tsunade walking two steps behind her, "So? Why did you choose Division 4?"

Tsunade put her hands inside her haori's pockets, "Because Medical Department's reach is the widest. At least the widest when it comes to interacting with people, even in the Rukongai. I want to find my little brother."

Unohana softly looked towards Tsunade, "Your little brother?"

"Died in the war. Nawaki was...young when he died. Too young to be in a war."

Unohana slightly nodded, walking in front of Tsunade, "As long as you do your duties as a member of Gotei 13."

"Yes."

"Also, only Captains are allowed to wear haori."

5