Chapter 24 – Akatsuki? Again?
526 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jay came back to Division 3 after making his rounds when Ichimaru Gin appeared, stopping his way.

"Captain," Jay smiled at him, "Do you need something from me?"

Gin leaned against the wall, crossing his arms, "Did you properly study the rules of Soul Society?"

"Yes, but there are far too many. Do you want me to recite?" Jay curiously asked, but there was something else running through his mind. He was thinking about all the laws were, and there were a few that Gin could use to his advantage against him.

Even so, he wasn't worried about them. What he was troubled about was Gin's action. He didn't seem like he came here to threaten Jay, but more to gloat.

Gin's smile became broader, "There is a law that souls in Rukongai can't form an organization. There is an exception to this rule...if the organization in question is run by noble families."

"Hmm," Jay narrowed his scarlet eyes, "There are orders from Central 46?"

Gin let out a smile, "That's what I like about you. You are intelligent. We all have to send some men to make a deal with them, and I nominated you."

"Hmm," Jay narrowed his eyes, "What are you planning, Captain? Shouldn't you be keeping this a secret from me? So that you can make a mess and pit two parties against each other?"

Gin chuckled, passing by Jay, "My, my, I wonder what you think about your Captain? Do you really think that I would do something like this?"

Jay closely watched Gin, letting out a smile, "No. I think Captain is the nicest person I have ever met."

Gin's footsteps stopped, opening his slit eyes, glancing back at Jay. It caused massive spiritual pressure to hit him, "Now you are just insulting me."

"I wonder if I am," Jay turned around, waving his hand, "I owe you one. Captain."

Gin closed his eyes, whispering, "You might not say that when you come back."

Aizen's Monitoring Room,

Aizen was looking at the windows, adjusting his glasses, when he heard the sound of Gin's footsteps, "Sending your own officer to his death. I didn't expect any less from you. Gin."

Gin's footsteps stopped for a moment before he continued walking, "As expected of Captain Aizen. You figured it out, but I am not sending him to his death."

"You expect him to survive?" Kisame turned his head back, 'looking' at Gin.

Gin chuckled, "No. I just think that his Shikai...it's not just a constant release type. I am curious what his zanpakuto can do, aren't you?"

Aizen adjusted his glasses, glancing back towards Gin, "Is that all there is?"

Gin shrugged, "I am the one that's risking him killing me from behind. I am scared to death for my life."

Aizen looked towards the screen, "It would be a lie if I said that I am not curious."

Seireitei, West Gate,

Jay walked out of the gate, looking around at the crowd of shinigami that were gathered here. There were numerous shinigami from a few branches, but not all.

From what he could see, there were shinigami from Division 13, Division 11, Division 4, and Division 2. What surprised him was that there were two Captains from Division 11 and Division 2. They were standing in front of the crowd.

Jay's scarlet eyes looked towards Kenpachi Zaraki, Captain of Division 11, talking to the little girl sitting on his shoulder. The moment Jay's eyes landed on Kenpachi, he turned his head to meet his gaze, a wide grin appeared on his lips.

Jay could feel immense killing intent cover him, enough to make even Lieutenants tremble in fear because of this killing intent. But the killing intent only made Jay's spiritual pressure boil on the inside. These unbridled Captains are too much, using their spiritual pressure too freely. It made him want to let loose as well, making him want to fight, but right now wasn't the time, so he had to hold back.

Suddenly, he heard the sound of clapping, bringing his attention to the short Captain of Division 2, "Our mission is to make a diplomatic deal with the members of Akatsuki. It's an organization that has been formed in West Rukongai. It currently consists of Five Main Members and other numerous members that consist of souls from our world and the opposite world. From here on out, either they will join us or..."

A woman with blonde hair wearing 4th clothes stepped out frowning, "Isn't that too harsh?"

Jay blinked, shifting his eyes towards Tsunade. he started to walk towards her when Soi Fon spoke, "You, and you, come out."

Jay's footstep stopped, his field of vision changed from Tsunade to Naori, seeing Soi Fon single them out.

The two confidently stepped out of the crowd, making Soi Fon frown, "I was against the two of you coming on this mission. Captain Ukitake and Captain Unohana insisted on bringing you along, which is the only reason why the two of you are here. Still, if you presented any threat to the mission, then I will take care of you two myself."

Tsunade showed displeasure on her face when she felt Jay's hand on her shoulder, "None of us wants a war on our hand. I am sure they'd back off when they know it's against the rules to form an organization in Soul Society."

Soul Society was ruled by noble families, but Gotei 13 ruled by force and took some of the ruling rights from them about 2000 years ago. Ever since then, it has been banned to band together to form an organization. Even though they couldn't stop Gotei 13 from coming into existence, the least they could do was make sure that this division of power didn't take place any further.

"You are here too," Soi Fon frowned.

"Enough yapping," Kenpachi raised his voice, putting his sword on his shoulder, grinning happily, "I am looking forward to a fight. You people are spoiling my mood."

Jay was about to say something when someone patted his back, making him look towards Leutenent of 11th Division Kaien Shiba, "Don't say that Captain Kenpachi. This is a diplomatic mission."

Kenpachi started laughing, turning to walk away, "Yeah. Yeah."

Jay and Kaien rubbed the back of their head, "This is going to be troublesome."

The two stopped, exchanging a look, making Jay's eye twitch, "Oh boy."

3