Chapter 25 – District 33
484 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

West Rukongai, District 33,

It was a beautiful district, filled with lakes, rising plateaus, and mountains. It was also the center point of West Rukongai and the base of  Akatsuki, which was led by Itachi Uchiha.

Others thought only five people led the organization, Itachi Uchiha, Izumi Uchiha, Sakumo Hatake, Mabui, and Yahiko.

When in fact, there were two other people. Two who stayed in the shadow, helping the organization whenever they could.

The aim of Akatsuki was simple, to make the lives of all souls in West Rukongai better. If this place was the waiting stop before the reincarnation, the so-called heaven, then they wanted to make it as close to heaven as they could.

Living in the Soul Society wasn't exactly hard, and there were some aspects of heaven. Longer life, no need for food, water, digestion, and the freedom to pursue whatever you want. Until there was a chance that you had spiritual energy. Or you appeared in the lawless area. That was when this heaven turned into hell.

Precisely this was what Akatsuki wanted to change, and they weren't the only ones. Akatsuki was active in the West District. While in the East District, Hashirama Senju's name was famous.

There weren't any forces in the North and South, but they were coming into existence.

Unlike the Akatsuki, Hashirama Senju came to the Soul Society and negotiated with the Soul Society. Not many were privy to the deal, but from what the Captain knew. He formed a treaty with two of the Five Great Noble Clans, the Shiba Clan and Kuchiki Clan. Not only that, Hashirama and Captain Commander came to some kind of terms as well.

This was why this team made of Seated Officers and Captains weren't going to East. But here in the West.

"Be careful. We are in Akatsuki's territory," Captain Soi Fon came to a stop, frowning when Kenpachi started laughing. The bells at the end of his spiky hair were ringing.

"This is wonderful! Ken-chan seems so happy!" Yachiru started clapping her hands, grinning.

Kenpachi laughed even harder. His immense spiritual pressure started running out of control, "This is wonderful!"

Captain Soi Fon frowned, "Enough, Captain Kenpachi. I will say again, we are here to negotiate as the diplomats of Soul Society."

Jay was walking with Tsunade and the Lieutenant of her Division, Isane Kyoketsu. Other than them, there was Kaien Shiba, Miyako Shiba, and Naori from the Thirteenth Division.

Two men were walking in the distance, Ikkaku Madarame and Yumichika Ayasegawa from Eleventh Division.

While Captain Soi Fon only brought her own Lieutenant Marchiyo Omaeda.

There weren't many people here, but each and every one of them was strong. If it was from Tsunade's world, then these people would make Ten Jonins and 2 Kages.

Tsunade whispered to Jay, "Is everything really going to be all right? This looks like trouble."

Jay shrugged, "I don't know if it's going to be all right, but this might turn out to be fun."

Kaien scratched his cheek, "I am starting to think that the definition of your fun matches with Captain Kenpachi's."

Jay shrugged. On the way here, they had become much more familiar.

Primarily because of the similarities in Kaien Shiba's personality and the persona Jay used as a front. Although, it was also because of Miyako Shiba.

Ikkaku and Yumichika didn't seem to want to mingle, but Isane was very soft-spoken.

Naori whispered, "Someone is here."

Her warning caused others to look forward when two people appeared in front of them. One was the white hair middle-aged man, carrying a jagged knife on his waist. The other was a young man wearing a black robe carrying red clouds and a ring on his finger. His hand was resting inside his robe, looking at Kenpachi and Soi Fon, "Welcome. Is there anything we can do for you?"

Kenpachi laughed, dashed towards Itachi, slashing down his zanpakuto. But Sakumo appeared between them, stopping Itachi's zanpakuto, causing the spiritual pressure of the two to collide.

Tsunade furrowed her brows, wanting to move towards them to intervene when Jay held her shihakusho, whispering, "Don't."

Tsunade glanced towards Jay, who gestured towards Soi Fon, also looking backward from the corner of her eyes. The only reason why she hadn't stopped Kenpachi was to collect information on the leaders of Akatsuki and see if they were going to interfere or not.

The best thing was to stay out of their way and let them do whatever they wanted.

"And it's not like Sakumo and Itachi need our help," Jay lightly smiled. His eyes gazed at the yellow and blue spiritual pressure of Kenpachi and Sakumo battle it out against each other.

Tsunade thought for a moment, nodding, agreeing with him.

"Who are they?" Naori asked in whispered.

Kaien leaned closer to hear the information as well. But Tsunade didn't whisper. She instead spoke in a voice loud enough to reach everyone that came with them.

"From what I can tell, the strength of Captains range from Kage's, Sanin to my Grandfather, and Madara Uchiha. Sakumo Hatake was a swordsman feared on the battlefield, commanding power equal to Sanins and Kage. If his strength had been restored, he should be a few ladders above the baseline of Captain level strength amongst the Ninjas. But the one you should be paying attention to is the boy beside Sakumo."

Captain Soi Fon's ear stood up when she shifted her eyes towards Itachi, hearing Tsunade give information.

"The boy is Itachi Uchiha, the prodigy of the family of geniuses. He entered the Ninja Academy at the age of six, which also has a six-year program. Those that pass become Genin, similar to newbie Shinigami. He didn't even ask, but four months later, all the teachers unanimously agreed that he should become a Genin. By the end of the year, he gained enough strength to rival a Chunin/Seated Officer. By the age of eight, his team distinguished themselves enough to guard the highest noble in the Land of Fire. On that day, his two friends were killed by a rogue ninja, Obito Uchiha, who could rival or kill a Captain at that point. Obito tried to recruit him, which was why he never made the team again. Since Chunin exams could only be passed by the team of three, he remained a Genin."

Tsunade let out a breath, continuing, "By the time he turned 11, the village was forced to bend their rules for him and let him participate alone. By the age of 12, his powers rivaled that of Lieutenants. By the age of 13, they rivaled that of Captains. By the time he became 18-19, and the Fourth Ninja War approached, with Jay's help, his bloodline limit evolved even further. Call it his Bankai, rivaling even the strongest Captains."

Captain Soi Fon's gaze became grave, and she wasn't the only one. The relaxed atmosphere of the team changed, becoming heavier.

*Chuckle*

Captain Soi Fon turned back, glaring at Jay, who gazed back at her, "His powers aren't what you should be focusing on. When he was  13, his family wanted to revolt against the village because of certain history between them and the ruling power. He knew that revolt would cripple the village and start the Fourth Great Ninja War. To stop that...he was ready to massacre his own family."

Captain Soi Fon widened her eyes and not only others, but the others were shocked too.

Jay lightly smiled, "He also wanted to use that opportunity to infiltrate Obito Uchiha's organization, becoming a double agent. That kid over there? You can say he's the best that our world has to offer. But he has the heart of peace...which is the best combination that you can find. Be careful when dealing with him."

6