Chapter 26 – Itachi Vs. Kenpachi
486 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sakumo was grimacing; his knife was striking against Kenpachi's sword, causing the mountain near him to cut apart into two.

Although on the surface, it seemed like Kenpachi was just slashing his sword without any style or skill, as the person fighting against him, he understood. This guy didn't care about the skills because he could instinctively adapt or change any skill or style to fit his needs.

Moreover, Kenpachi's spiritual pressure was eerily was on the same level as him, as if he was trying to prolong the fight. The more Sakumo increased his spiritual level to overpower Kenpachi, the more Kenpachi's spiritual power increased to keep up with him.

Sakumo retreated, focusing his chakra in the blade, creating a trail of white light as he changed into the battle posture, "We should stop this before someone gets hurt."

Kenpachi started laughing, removing his eyepatch, creating a burst of golden-yellow spiritual energy, "What are you talking about?! That is the fun part!!"

Sakumo frowned, releasing even more spiritual pressure to keep up with Kenpachi, "A battle maniac."

Itachi, who had been silently observing the team that came to negotiate them, stepped forward, "Sakumo-san. Please step back."

Sakumo hesitated, and the next moment his spiritual pressure disappeared. He used instant step, appearing behind Itachi Uchiha.

Kenpachi frowned, raising his zanpakuto, keeping it on his shoulder, "Kid, don't get in the way of my fun."

Itachi spoke, raising his other hand to adjust the ring in his finger, "I am assuming that you are here to negotiate? Then there is no need to fight."

Captain Soi-Fon standing hundreds of meters away, frowned. She didn't like being figured out when she heard Kenpachi scoff. Normally, she'd be wondering if the three behind her somehow told him, but she didn't feel anything. Moreover, after hearing the information about the boy, she didn't feel like underestimating him.

"Negotiate? What bullshit! I am here to fight! Do you want to survive? Then defeat me, boy!"

Kenpachi dashed forward, slashing his zanpakuto downwards when his zanpakuto passed through Itachi, who disappeared like an afterimage. He appeared behind Kenpachi, "As I said. There is no need for us to-"

Kenpachi's sword slashed apart his body, breaking the illusion again, when Itachi appeared in another place, "To fight."

But Kenpachi didn't mind; he only laughed, appearing behind Itachi, cutting his body apart. The more and more Itachi moved, the faster Kenpachi got, when suddenly he appeared in a place where there was no one, slashing down his sword.

An orange apart made of pure spiritual energy appeared, catching his sword.

Itachi's body appeared in Kenpachi's eyes, who was grinning, "Found you!"

Itachi was a bit surprised with Mangekyo Sharingan in his eyes, "That you did. It doesn't seem like technique or skill, but pure instinct."

Kenpachi menacingly grinned, his spiritual pressure started climbing even higher, "You are even better than the last one!"

He didn't care about how his enemies fought, through sword or through trickery. The only thing he cared about was that his enemies fought against him.

Itachi widened his eyes, activating his Mangekyo Sharingan, "Tsukiyomi!"

Tsukuyomi World,

Kenpachi looked around at the numerous crosses, raising his head to see the red moon in the red sky. His eyes were drawn towards the voice that echoed in this world.

Itachi was standing in front of him, holding a simple katana that pierced through his skin, "In Tsukuyomi. Time and Space..."

Abruptly, numerous Kenpachi's appeared around him, each with an Itachi standing in front, stabbing him, "Mass...I control the law. The next seventy-two hours will be this, over and over."

Itachi was staring at Kenpachi's when he noticed something; Kenpachi was trembling but not in pain.

"Hahahahahahahahhaahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahahha!!!!"

Itachi hesitated, hearing all the Kenpachi's starting to laugh at the same time. Rather than hearing the screams of pain, his laughter echoed in the Tsukiyomi.

Soon, the red of his world was starting to get painted by the golden and yellow spiritual pressure. The more Itachi increased the pain, the more Kenpachi's spiritual pressure increased. It almost seemed like it would grow unlimitedly.

Itachi stared at Kenpachi, with racing thoughts, when his thoughts stopped on one, 'Kenpachi. It's a famous name even in Rukongai, said to be taken by only the strongest of Captain. But this shouldn't be all that Captains, the strongest fighting force of this world, should have to offer.  And seeing this spiritual pressure...some kind of mental limit? If I keep this up...then he would only keep getting stronger and stronger.'

Itachi stopped the Tsukiyomi in between, closing his eyes. When simultaneously, in reality, immense spiritual energy hit him.

Itachi wasn't the only one surprised; even Soi Fon was reeling in shock, being overwhelmed by Kenpachi's spiritual pressure was much heavier than before.

She frowned, "No wonder he's named Kenpachi."

"What is going on?" Tsunade was a bit blank, using her own spiritual pressure to defend against Kenpachi's. She was faring much better than most of the others Lieutenants, who felt they were suffocating.

Most Lieutenants were able to handle the spiritual pressure of Captains just fine. But right now, they were dealing the full brunt of Kenpachi's spiritual pressure making it hard for them to even breathe.

Jay narrowed his eyes, "Some kind of mental limits...subconscious? I was used to doing the same thing...lowering the levels of my powers. The more Itachi pushes him, the stronger he will become."

Ikakku laughed, putting his hands on his knees, trying to bear the weight of his Captain's pressure, "Hahahahah!! Our Captain is really going to enjoy this! I must say! I am envious!"

Yachiru clapped her hands, jumping in joy like a little girl, grinning without being phased by Kenpachi's spiritual pressure, "Yippeee!! Ken-chan is super happy!!!"

Kaien wiped the sweat from his cheek, whispering to an astonished Naori, "That boy has the same eyes as you. How far do you think he can push Captain Kenpachi?"

Naori shrugged, "I don't know, but he should be at his limits now."

Jay awkwardly scratched his cheek, "About that..."

Naori blankly glanced towards Jay, "What did you do?"

"I might have...helped his eyes evolve even further when he was alive."

"Evolve further?"

Beside Sakumo,

Itachi appeared beside him, "We are being used as a whetstone."

Sakumo nodded, "I agree...the more you use your powers, the stronger he will become. From the information we got, Kenpachi is a title given only to the strongest Shinigami."

"Which means he won't hit his limit anywhere soon," Itachi narrowed his eyes, "But there is a way to stop him."

"That might be true...but are you going to?"

Itachi's eyes glimmered with wisdom. There could only be a few reasons why Gotei 13 sent a battle maniac to negotiation. Either to break it...or to make an exchange before the negotiation even starts. The more they can bring out Kenpachi's powers, and the stronger his strength, the more advantage they would have during negotiation.

Kenpachi grinned, a skull made of golden-yellow spiritual energy formed behind him, "Boy...I can tell you are hiding something. Show me!"

Itachi closed his eyes. When he opened them, the pattern in his Mangekyo Sharingan changed, and orange spiritual energy blotted the sky, contending with Kenpachi's, nearly crushing it.

Kenpachi's spiritual pressure rose again, at a rapid rate, his laughter alone seemed to be contending with Itachi's spiritual pressure, "Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! You are the best!!!!!"

2