Chapter 27 – Threats?
471 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Itachi's eyes had turned into Eternal Magekyo Sharingan. There were three spiraling curves, which curved further at the end, forming sickles. There was a reddish-orange spectral warrior around him, with a reddish-orange sword made of pure spiritual energy.

His spectral sword was clashing against the long chipped zanpakuto of Kenpachi Zaraki.

Kenpachi's spiritual pressure was still increasing at a rapid rate, battling against Itachi's spiritual pressure.

The land around them was broken, cut apart, even caved because of their spiritual pressure. The mountains around them were destroyed, torn into two.

In the distance,

Captain Soi Fon was grimacing, "Such immense spiritual pressure..."

"Are Uchiha supposed to have this much spiritual pressure?" Naori was a bit dazed as well. If Itachi was a Senju, then she would understand, but an Uchiha, she didn't understand.

Jay was leisurely sitting on a rock, watching the fight with interest, "You are confusing spiritual pressure and chakra. Chakra is based on the life force and mental energy. But it is more inclined towards the body. This is why the Senju's and the Uzumaki's have more chakra than the Uchiha's. Yet, this is spiritual energy. It isn't the combination of physical energy or mental energy. Itachi's energy is corresponding the levels of power that he holds. Which is impressive..."

While he was talking, the attention of others was attracted to him when Jay spoke again, "But the more impressive one is Kenpachi Zaraki. The man that hadn't even achieved a Shikai or Bankai...he's able to keep up with Itachi. But it won't last long...Kenpachi is bound to lose."

Suddenly, there was a little girl beside him, puffing her cheek, with her hands on the waist, "Ken-chan won't lose!!"

Jay stroked her head, making Yachiru glare at him, "Maybe in the future...but there is a limit to how many mental barriers he could break. If he broke through all the barriers at once, his body wouldn't be able to take it. Which is probably what Captain Commander wants...to break one large layer of the seals. So next time...he's able to release most of his powers."

Soi Fon shot a look back at Jay, "Who are you to muse what the Captain Commander is thinking?"

Jay gazed into her eyes, with a smile hanging on his lips, "What can I say...as someone who bore the responsibility of million lives. I seem to understand what Captain-Commander is thinking."

Soi Fon furrowed her brows, staring at him, but Jay just waved at her with a smiley face. For some reason, it annoyed her even more.

Tsunade tapped her feet, comtemplating, "If Captain-Commander is preparing to release the power of his strongest Captain. Does that mean there is a threat? Could it be us?"

Her words caused the atmosphere around them to become more uncomfortable, nearly putting them at odds.

Jay chuckled, dispelling the tense atmosphere, "No, no. Do you see the changes in Soul Society?"

"Change?" Miyako blinked, looking at Jay with an interested and curious gaze.

Jay nodded, "Tsunade, me, and Naori are seated officer, but we three hold nearly the same power as the Captains. Well, Tsunade does...for now. Then there are others like Sakumo and Itachi...and probably the other leaders of Akatsuki Captain levels and near Captain levels. Two Senju brothers, Tsunade Grandfathers, Captain levels, Uzumanki's like Mito, Kushina, and Kushina's husband, Captain levels. Moreover, there are other Kage's that are basically Captain levels."

Sui Fon furrowed her brows while Isane parted her lips, "So many?"

Jay nodded, "And there are numerous more Jonins...which is the same as Lieutenants, and then there is ninjutsu, taijutsu, genjutsu, kenjutsu. When this knowledge is converted, the effect would be something else. But Soul Society isn't the only one that will change."

"World of Living?" Sui Fon involuntarily asked when her eyes widened, realizing something, "Hueco Mundo?"

"Hollows..." Kaien whispered.

"Wasn't there a recent case of a Hollow that could hide its reiatsu?" Isane furrowed her brows.

Ikkaku cocked his head, "Boy, are you trying to say that Hollows are evolving?"

Jay shrugged, "Sa, who knows. I am saying if I was the Leader of Soul Society, responsible for the safety of so many people. Then this would be my thought process. Also...there is one more major threat. Bigger than Hollows."

"What?" Sui Fon was bewildered, hearing about this threat, guessing, "Otsutsuki Clan that you talked about?"

"No...something that is much more unpredictable. Hell was supposed to be for the souls of this world...with a new universe in the mix. I wonder...if it will be able to hold," Jay curiously looked in the distance.

"No...Hell can't break," Sui Fon scoffed, "Don't talk nonsense when you don't understand anything."

She jerked her head away, looking towards the fight, but the worry was clearly visible in her eyes.

Ordinarily, she couldn't care less about such guesses but seeing the fight in front of her. Even she could tell that Captain-Commander wanted to release the beast that had been caged for a long time. It made her wonder if this was true...if Hell could really break loose.

"Impatience, urgency, the desire to protect," Jay softly whispered, but his voice echoed in their ears.

"The two universes are merging with each other, pushing each other, fusing with each other. One where beings with physical bodies have achieved powers to create moons, destroy planets. And the other where the souls have gained a similar level of powers. The two are like yin and yang. Now merging...they are bound to create a higher-order world. When this is over...both of them will be stronger than before."

Jay closed his eyes to hide the emotions that were bubbling inside, maintaining the smile, "The waves are still surging, ever so slowly, but are. They are bound to become a Tsunami...sooner or later. Can we survive it? Or will we be swept away? That's an...interesting question, isn't it?"

"Interesting is the last word that comes to my mind," Kaien coughed, trying to dispel the dreary atmosphere.

Jay shrugged, "I am just saying...I think your attitude when coming here is wrong. Especially Captain Soi Fon's..."

Soi Fon glared at him when Jay softly smiled, "A war...at a time like this...it will be the end of Seireitei. And soon, the Soul Society, followed by the Worlds of Living. Although...Hueco Mundo and the Hollows might be the last to survive."

He looked up towards Itachi, "Ironically...even in Death...Itachi is standing at the same crossroads again."

Tsunade let out a breath, sitting down beside him, stroking his back, "Yeah. But just like the last time. You'll help him out, right?"

Jay chuckled, "Nah, that boy doesn't need my help anymore...this time...he isn't taking everything on his shoulder."

3