Chapter 28 – Zanpakuto Destroyed?
461 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kenpachi was lying on the ground; his body was covered in wounds. His own warm blood formed a pool around him when Yachiru leaned forward, "Ken-chan, did you have fun?"

Kenpachi closed his eyes, laughing, even though it worsened his wounds, "Hahaha, yeah. Lots of fun."

"Captain, if you don't mind. Can I heal you?"

Kenpachi raised his eyes when his gaze fell on Naori. The woman with purple hair, with red eyes similar to the young boy, whom he fought, "Those eyes...say, girl...are you as strong as that boy?"

Naori shook her head, "I doubt I'd be as strong as him even if I achieve my Bankai. But I can reach close...but from what I recently heard, there are three Uchiha's more powerful than him. Two are in Hell...one in the other world of the living. Yet, there are two Senjus...Hashirama and Ashura, both stronger than him."

"Hahaha," Kenpachi laughed, "Great!! This is just great!!!!!!!"

"There is nothing great about this."

Yachiru puffed her cheek, glaring at Jay, who walked over, "What are you talking about?! Ken-Chan is happy!!"

Jay gazed down at Kenpachi, smiling, "Your sword...without its name won't reach them. Those strong people might be standing in front of you...but the way you are...you will never reach them."

Yachiru worriedly looked at Kenpachi, who raised his zanpakuto, closely watching it, "Its name...does it even have a name?"

Jay squatted beside him, stroking Yachiru's head, which annoyed her. But she froze the next moment, hearing Jay's words, "Your zanpakuto...it has always been by your side. It's only you...who hasn't heard her name. Right, Yachiru?"

Yachiru blankly nodded, softly smiling at Kenpachi, "I am sure if Ken-Chan  tires, then he will surely learn the name."

Even as she said that she cautiously glanced towards Jay, who stood up, smiling. Throughout the whole fight, there was something that Jay realized.

Everyone was trying their best to hold out against the two immense spiritual pressures colliding against each other. To even maintain their grounds, they needed help from others.

But Yachiru wasn't affected by Zaraki's spiritual pressure at all and effortlessly brushed off Itachi's spiritual pressure. It made him doubt what kind of power she held, what kind of existence she was. But her reaction just now cleared all his thoughts.

"Naori. Heal him," Captain Soi Fon approached Kenpachi, turning her eyes towards Jay's back, who was talking to Sakumo and Itachi.

Even in their circles, Naori's zanpakuto's abilities were famous for being capable of healing nearly all injuries. Although there seem to be some limits to it as well.

Naori nodded, taking out her zanpakuto of its sheath, when the pattern of her eyes changed, opening like a three petal flower. The next moment she put the zanpakuto inside her sheath. And Kenpachi's injuries, including the land that the two destroyed restored.

Her body was drained of most of the spiritual energy, having restored so much damage when she nearly fell down. But Miyako appeared beside her, supporting her, "Are you ok?"

Naori nodded, closing her eyes, "Yeah. Just a bit tired. The range and damage were a bit much for me."

"Please, come with me," Itachi requested them to follow, making Kenpachi stand up, ready to fight. But against everyone's expectation, he silently walked past Itachi without saying another word.

Soon, others started following them when Itachi's footsteps stopped, glancing back towards Jay, "Sensei, aren't you coming?"

Jay waved his hand, "No. I will be biased and try to manipulate the negotiations, so it's best if I stay out. Moreover, there is something here that interests me."

"Manipulate the negotiation?" Soi Fon glanced towards him in disdain, about to say something.

When Tsunade lightly spoke, "He already did...he made you put war off the table. Trust me...if you want fair negotiation, you don't want him on that table."

Soi Fon scowled, clenching her fist, walking after Tsunade and others. Once everyone left, Jay sat down on the rock, closing his eyes, sensing everything around him.

He was sure that there was something wrong but couldn't point his finger at it. A glow appeared in his scarlet eyes; rather than using his sight at full power. He used it in its capacity, causing his vision to expand in all directions.

His fingers twitched, forming the shape of holding a hilt, even though there was no sword. An hour passed once he started paying attention to even the particles of dust in the air. Every reishi when he began dozing off, falling asleep.

Even after he fell asleep, nothing changed; the peace around him didn't change. Not until he moved again, hours later, stretching his body.

"Agh...my head..." He fell back down, holding his head when there was finally a change in his surrounding.

A flock of red tentacles attacked him, but before they could reach Jay. The ashen black, pendulum-like sword, the sun at its guard, the moon at its pommel.

Before tentacles hit him, the rays of golden sun, made of sharply curved metals, shot forth, destroying the red tentacles.

"AGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Jay narrowed his eyes, seeing a six-limbed creature with a large flame patterned mask with flocks of tentacles on its back, "Hmm, you sure can hide and wait. I was so sure that you'd attack the moment I fell asleep."

"AGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!" The hollow started laughing, "It's over!! It's over for you!!!"

The hollow with the greyish skin got on its six feet, laughing, "Any shinigami that touches my tentacles will have its zanpakuto destroyed!! You are no different!!"

Jay let go of his zanpakuto, which disappeared, as he raised his hand, "Hado #32, Yellow Fire Flash."

A yellow orb appeared on his palm, firing a beam that disintegrated half of the hollow's body with its mask.

A smile appeared on Jay's lips, "Congratulations, you succeeded in destroying my zanpakuto. Captain. But...I found you."

It seemed as if he was talking to the hollow, but at the same time seemed to be talking to someone else.

Seireitei,

Gin wasn't happy even when he saw Jay's zanpakuto being destroyed; what made him unhappier was that they could see him. It was almost as if he was letting them see and trying to track them back, "That was too easy. Don't you think Captain Aizen?"

Tosen lightly spoke, "Maybe you are overestimating him."

Aizen let out a smile, "Tosen, what do you think happens when a Shinigami's Shikai is destroyed?"

Tosen contemplated for a moment when Gin answered, "There is a fluctuation in spiritual energy and a severe drop for sure. Even the Shinigami is attacked, feeling fatigued, headache. Their battle powers would drop for sure."

"And what happened?" Aizen smiled, adjusting his glasses, asking again.

"He was caught off guard, having his zanpakuto destroyed, but that didn't trouble him for a moment. He just used a kido as if nothing happened."

"No, more like when his zanpakuto was destroyed; he understood our purpose and destroyed the hollow since he didn't need it anymore. He's taking a step back. But...why?"

He just said when the screens focusing on Jay turned black, making Aizen smile, "Interesting."

4