Chapter 36 – Decision of Great Clans
463 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Byakuya sat down around the round table, looking at Kaien Shiba and Soi Fon. His eyes landed on Soi Fon, "You cannot represent the Shihoin Clan."

"There are special circumstances. I have permission from the elders and acting leader to represent the Shihoin Clan."

"Hmm," Byakuya narrowed his eyes, shifting them towards Kaien Shiba, "Why did you call this meeting?"

"Did you hear about Aizen's betrayal?" Kaien softly spoke.

"I am neither deaf nor blind," Byakuya closed his eyes, "Are we here to discuss that?"

"No, but did you hear about the Hueco Mundo," Soi Fon furrowed her brows.

Byakuya opened his eyes, "Yes. It's right there, but it's almost as if it doesn't exist. No one can pinpoint it, reach it, or even use space-time Kido to reach it. Aizen...he's out of our reach."

"Just one Hogyoku was enough to create a hollow like Decimo, someone who could against Leader of Zero Division. Can you imagine what would happen if the Hogyoku is completed?" Kaien looked tense.

Byakuya looked down, furrowing his brows, "You want to agree to their demands?"

"It's only fair," Kaien nodded, "Now that the two universes and two afterlives are merging. It's only fair they get the right to rule their part of it. We can't even imagine what we will face when Aizen emerges...let alone...there is news from that Family...they support this."

Byakuya was caught off guard with this news, "They are interfering?"

"Something isn't right with Hell either, this could turn into a bigger disaster," Soi Fon crossed her legs.

"I have a feeling we are playing into someone's hand," Byakuya stared at the two.

"Probably," Kaien rubbed the back of his head, "It doesn't make me happy either...forcing our hand like this. But it doesn't change the fact, this threat emerged from our universe."

"Which makes it even more shameful," Soi Fon pursed her lips in displeasure, "Hueco Mundo and Hell...we have to accept that the world has changed. The threats we are going to face will be much, much more dangerous. Gotei 13...it needs more strength."

"Fine," Byakuya slightly nodded, "With the agreement between the Four Great Noble Families, this order will supersede the authority of Central 46. From henceforth, Four more Great Noble Families will gain the ruling rights of Soul Society."

"Four?" Soi Fon and Kaien raised their eyebrows.

"Yes. It is apparent now that Tsunayashiro Family was the one that helped Aizen. Even though we can't do anything to them right now, but we can boycott them. Which is why...only Four more Great Noble Families will be instated. Which Four? They can choose among themselves."

Byakuya stood up, walking away from the room.

Kaien's eyes twitched, "I didn't think Byakuya had an evil side like this."

Giving only Four positions to Five Families just might draw some blood.

First Division, Captain's Meeting Hall,

Jay was standing in front of Captain-Commander Yamamoto, who lightly spoke, "Only someone that has achieved Bankai can become a Captain."

Jay nodded, "I know."

Yamamoto watched him with a brooding face, "Great Noble Families must be making a decision on agreeing with the negotiations. There are currently three Captain Level Positions open. Which will be divided between the New Great Noble Families...if they want to instate you, then so be it."

Jay agreed, "I understand, Captain Commander. Thank you for informing me."

Yamamoto watched, nodding, giving him permission to let him leave.

Jay turned around, walking towards the door, when Yamamoto spoke again, "Boy, how much time do you think we have before an all-out war with Aizen?"

Jay's footsteps stopped, he blankly looked into the distance, "Hmm, that depends on Kisuke Urahara. If he's smart enough to keep Hogyoku hidden from Aizen for decades, then he's really smart. If I was him, then the moment the two universes merged, I'd know that there was no stopping Aizen from finding the other Hogyoku. So...I'd got to the ninja's world to find a way of using chakra to create something that slows down the merging progress of the two Hogyoku's. Well, that is what I'd do...I wonder what Kisuke Urahara did. Although...even he wouldn't have prepared for something like Decimo."

Yamamoto closed his eyes, "So it might be sooner than later."

"Probably."

Hueco Mundo, Las Noches,

Decimo was holding the fused Hogyoku, seeing its powers that had reduced drastically, "I can't do it...my powers won't work on the Hogyoku. Or this chakra."

"Oh," Aizen sat on the thone, watching him with interest, "Why?"

Decimo put down the Hogyoku on Aizen's palm. "If I had to guess...this event...might lead to the birth of another fragment. Which is why I can't interfere. We cannot stop the birth of another fragment."

"So you have your limits as well," Aizen spoke with interest.

"More than you think. We cannot kill Jay, and we cannot stop the birth of other fragments. We cannot kill other fragments until they have fully grown."

"Fully grown?"

"I was able to use numerous deaths, rebirth, and hate of tailed beasts, feed on all that to increase my growth. Not every one of the fragments will have the same chance."

"Tell me more."

"After you help me evolve further."

"That might take time."

"I can wait," Decimo stepped towards the door, disappearing.

Aizen looked at his disappearing back, turning his eyes towards Hogyoku, "Hmm. Time. We have that, for now."

4