Chapter 38 – Meeting Kisuke
483 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Human World, Karakura Town, Urahara Shoten,

"Welcome, dear guests," Kisuke greeted the young man that entered his shop, "What would you like?"

"Information."

"About?"

"What happened to Isshin Kurosaki?"

Kisuke quizically looked at the young man, "And why would I know that?"

"Because you have gotten many offers from the Soul Society, who wants you back. Yet, you stay here. The only reason I can think of is that you want to stay in the Human World, keep an eye on Hell, and Aizen's actions in the Human World."

"Fufufu, Is that why I am staying in the human world? I hate to say this...but you are wrong. Captain of Third Division. I just don't want to work hard...I am retired."

Jay rubbed the back of his head, "Hah, come on, Kisuke. Don't make me work for it? Just tell me, what is going on?"

Kisuke removed his hat, "Sa...it's a long story."

"Make it short."

Shortly,

Jay drank tea, putting the cup down on the low table, sitting on the tatami mat, "Quincy, Hollow, and Shinigami...all in one woman. Do you see where this is going?"

Kisuke narrowed his eyes, "That's just a possibility."

"And yet, the timing doesn't seem like a coincidence."

"Even Aizen cannot plan this far ahead."

"But these circumstances might be because the Hogyoku granted Aizen's wish. So...that little possibility might become true."

Kisuke wasn't surprised that Jay knew that the Hogyoku could grant wishes. Over the years, the whole Soul Society was researching Hogyoku and what its abilities might be.

"Hmm," The corner of Kisuke's lips tugged into a smile, "You talk like you know what he desires."

"What any person that has stayed at the top for far too long does...a challenge."

"But as things are now, Aizen can't be reached without finding a counter to Decimo."

"Then we'll know the answer when the time is right."

*Sigh* "This is so troublesome*

"Might be our only way to win."

"Only way? What about you?"

"Me? What can I do?" Jay innocently blinked, "I even lost my Zanpakuto."

"Now, who's not being honest?" Kisuke's face became grave, with a sharp glint in his eyes.

Jay pressed his lips, "Let's just say...if it was when Aizen rebelled. I won't be defeated."

"I highly doubt that you would have lost if you fought him with all your strength."

Jay chuckled, "Are you trying to say that I held back on purpose. So Aizen escapes, and Great Noble Families are forced to accept the change and instate more Great Noble Families? How could I do something so sinister."

Kisuke grinned, feeling sweat on the back of his neck, "Hehe, you really are a fearsome person."

Jay tilted his head, smiling, "Now, now, you are going to make it blush. What we do...is do for a better world."

Kisuke let out a breath, sipping from his tea, "That is true...what we do...is for a better world. Or protect the current one."

Hueco Mundo,

"Lord Decimo," A woman wore a green striped dress, black boots bowed, gazing inside the room.

Her grey eyes peeked towards the man looking back at her. He had long scarlet hair, medium spiky in the front, green cat-like eyes, a height of 6'5 feet, broad shoulders. The man was wearing a long white coat with an open, raised collar, over the divided white pants, and red sash on his waist, "What?"

Roka hastily moved her eyes away from him, staring at the ground, "Lord Aizen...he demands your presence."

Decimo stood in the mostly empty room, with just a bed, table, and chair. His eyes gazed out of the house's window, at the white sand, the eternal night, "Ok."

Unlike other Espada's or Arrancars that have a place in Las Noches, Decimo lived on the surface of Hueco Mundo.

It wasn't like he wasn't there when Aizen gave the orders, but even since this avatar of Jay gained a human semblance, he had started acting more like a human.

Which meant following human procedures, like having a messenger send a message.

"Lord Decime?" Roka nervously took his name, keeping her eyes closed. She was born from the experiment of Eighth Espada; the moment she was born, Decimo appeared in front of her.

Eighth wanted to torture her, resurrect her, to experiment on her powers. But Decimo thought she had higher potential, so he took her with him, training her.

Over the years, she became his personal attendant, going to the meetings, taking notes, and handling day-to-day affairs. Yet, even to this day, she didn't have the strength to look at him in the eye.

She felt her finger raising her chin, a thumb stroking her mask, which disappeared with his touch.

Roka looked up with shivering eyes, moving them away from his face, feeling her heart pulse. Even though that mask was her zanpakuto, he could easily take it away and put it back.

A mask appeared in Decimo's other hand, putting it on her waist, "Don't always hide behind this mask of yours."

Roka nodded, gulping, trembling as Decimo let go of her, walking towards Las Noches.

Roka stayed in her place until Decimo spoke, "Come with me."

Roka nodded, hastening her steps, taking the mask from her waist, covering the other half of her face.

A smile appeared on Decimo's face, glancing back at her, seeing her blush and put her head down. He put his hand on her waist, using a sonido.

The next moment he and Roka appeared in Aizen's throne room. The two watched him hold Hogyoku in his hand.

"Did you need something?"

Aizen glanced towards Decimo, "Ever since you evolved...you have been acting more and more like a human."

"Any particular incident you are talking about?"

"Third Espada."

"Does it matter?"

"It does...if this changes your plans."

"It doesn't...now more than ever...I understand the futility of the sealed king. Especially since three worlds are much more stable now that there are four. Even without the soul king, these worlds wouldn't be destroyed."

"And yet they keep him in such state," Aizen's lips tugged into a smile.

"It won't be much longer."

3