Chapter 56 – Rukia Found Shiba
513 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You must be Jun Kurosaki."

Jun was sitting on the chair, balancing it on its hind legs, his legs on the table, playing with his mobile. He looked up at Rukia Kuchiki, wearing a school uniform. He scanned her body from top to bottom, tugging the corners of his mouth, "Hm, if you say so, then I must be."

Rukia faltered, trying to maintain her smile, remembering what Ichigo said about his brother.

Jun stood up, sitting down on his table, leaning forward, "Oh, did my brother say something about me? You shouldn't look at someone with such biased glasses."

"Your brother? Do you mean Ichigo Kurosaki? No, we just-"

"No, you didn't," Jun stopped her in between her sentence, leaning forward, "The first thing you said was you must be Jun Kurosaki. I must be that means you have heard about me from someone, and you know a bit about me. But this is the first time that you have ever met me. If someone here introduced you, then you would have said, Hello, I am your name or another type of greeting. The way you speak...the way that biased look appeared on your face..."

Rukia felt an overwhelming loss of control, slowly freeing more and more when Ichigo pulled her back. It was almost as if he was protecting her, "Jun, leave her alone. It's just her first day."

Jun looked towards Orihime, who was peeking from behind an upside-down notebook, hiding her face behind it, when she noticed Jun look, "What? I am just looking out for Orihime. You find a new girlfriend while stringing her along."

"Blah!!! Blah!!! Blah!! Blah!! Blah!!! Blah!!!!!!!!! Blahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!" Orihime came running, screaming, covering Jun's mouth, hanging onto him.

She looked at Ichigo, her face flushed, seeing Ichigo look away, scratching his cheek. The two awkwardly stood facing each other, looking away, until Ichigo decided to break the moment. He pulled Rukia away, "We'll be back."

Orihime pressed her lips, feeling down; Jun pulled her between his arms, kissing her head, "Baka-Hime, this was your chance."

Orihime tucked her hair behind her ear, looking down, maintaining a reluctant smile, "No...it's ok..."

"So, what? Is this like a love triangle?" Mizuiro Kojima leaned back on the chair, looking at Jun and Orihime.

Tatsuki rolled her eyes, "Orihime's like a little sister to Jun."

"Well, technically, she's my future sister-in-law," Jun chuckled, stroking Orihime's hair, watching her blush, covering her face, ashamed.

"Nooo!! Not Orihime too!!!" Asano screamed in the middle of the classroom when somebody tried to jump on Orihime from behind.

Jun caught her by her face, narrowing his eyes, "Chizuru...how many times have I told you to stay away from Orihime!"

"Never!!!!!!!!!!" Chiruzu rejected, screaming, trying her best to get a hold of Orihime like a zombie.

Jun sighed, "Troublesome."

Karakura Highschool, Bicycle Parking,

"So basically, you want me to do what I was already doing, but more in an official capacity?"

"Yes, until I regain my powers and am able to return to Soul Society."

"I see," Ichigo looked towards the distance, thinking, "You just met my brother...what did you think?"

Rukia held one hand with the other with an uncomfortable look all over her face, "He's...a piece of work."

"Well, I have lived for fifteen years with him, and by now, I am a good judge. I know when someone is hiding, lying, or not telling me the full story."

"It's pretty straightforward. You do my duties for one month, so no one realizes anything, and I will go back when my powers restore."

Ichigo watched her with a fixed gaze, nodding, walking away, "Ok. I'll do that."

Rukia stared at his back, remembering someone, "Kaien...Is it possible? Shiba Family?"

She frowned, glancing in the direction of Urahara's Shop, "Maybe..."

She was just lost in thought when she felt Spiritual Pressure, seeing a slash of blue energy leave Karakura Highschool. She was wondering what this was about when her cell rang.

She took it out of her pocket, seeing a Hollow Alert, which disappeared the next moment. She took a deep breath, shifting her eyes towards the school building, "Kurosaki..."

She exhaled, "Hah...what did I get myself into."

Evening, Kurosaki Clinic,

Isshin was hopping through the halls cheerfully when his bouncy footsteps stopped. He blinked, narrowing his eyes, "It's been a while since I last saw you."

Rukia stood behind him, holding her head, "It really is you...Kaien-San and Miyako-San would be overjoyed."

Isshin turned back, rubbing his hands together, fawning over Rukia, "Can you not tell them about this?"

Rukia scratched her cheek, confusedly looking at him, "Why? Everyone would be so happy to know you are alive. Although you look a bit older? Moreover, if Ichigo-Kun is a member of the Shiba Family...I wouldn't be in so much trouble."

"About that...there is a reason why I didn't come back to the Soul Society..."

"Aizen?"

"No," Isshin held her hands, "Please, do not tell anyone about this? Jun and Ichigo's existence...it's just not acceptable by the Soul Society."

"A Fullbringer and a Shinigami...that's not a big problem-"

"Rukia," Isshin held her hand, "Trust me, there is more to it. Soul Society wouldn't accept them. It will only create infighting, and now that the World of Livings are about to merge and Aizen is out...? Fighting is the last thing you'd want. As for you...Your brother and Jay would protect you."

Rukia pressed her lips, narrowing her eyes, "Is there a chance that I can get to know what this is about?"

Isshin scratched his head, "It's a long story..."

"But we don't mind telling, right dear," Masaki walked over, having realized Rukia's presence, hugging Isshin's arm, warmly smiling at Rukia, "I want to hear all about Isshin's days as a Shinigami."

Rukia watched her in a daze when Isshin puffed his chest out, laughing, "Hahaha, I was heroic."

"He was lazy," Rukia spoke right after, making Isshin freeze.

Masaki chuckled, pulling Isshin, "Come over...tell me all about it."

Rukia walked behind them, shifting her eyes between them, "How did someone like you...give birth to someone like Jun?"

Isshin tried to hold back but burst into laughter, making Masaki slap his hand, looking back, smiling, "So you had the honors of meeting Jun too?"

"Only for a little while...he left an impression..."

Masaki narrowed her eyes, "He's a kind boy...just too intelligent for his own good. Because of that, he lives in the future more than the present, and people tend to misunderstand. You'd understand."

"Sorry if that was rude...I just couldn't stop myself from asking," Rukia looked down, apologizing.

"No, no, just say that in front of Jun's face next time," Isshin laughed.

3