Chapter 58 – Start of Invasion
500 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ichigo moved towards Kisuke Urahara's gate for him to enter Soul Society.

"Mr. Kurosari, have you decided that you want to go alone?"

Ichigo scratched his head, "Yeah...I would have handled it here if someone hadn't bothered to hide the Spiritual Pressure of those two from me, and I could have just stopped Rukia from being taken."

"And yet, you don't seem to be angry at your brother," Kisuke smiled, covering his face with a fan.

"Well, I know why he did what he did," Ichigo scratched his cheek, "I am not dumb."

"Oh, that's a surprise," Jun's voice made Ichigo nearly jump out of his skin. Ichigo looked around, seeing Jun sit on a nearby rock before Sado, Orihime, Uryu, Tatsuki were pulled out from different shadows, wearing their battle gear.

"Why are you guys here!" Ichigo widened his eyes in surprise, "And why is Tatsuki here?!"

Tatsuki raised her left arm, a black belt wrapped around it as she hugged Orihime, "I am going to take care of Orihime because you are useless."

Ichigo looked towards the belt, turning his eyes towards Jun, who nodded, "Shall we?"

Ichigo looked towards Uryu, Chad, Orihime, "I can't ask you to come along."

Chad patted Ichigo's shoulder, "You don't have to."

Ichigo let out a smile, "Thank you...guys..."

"If your drama is over, then how about you get prepared to leave."

Jun looked towards the black cat, standing about a rock, appearing behind it, getting a hold of Yoruichi, "Hey, if it's my favorite cat."

He scratched behind Yoruichi's ear, her neck, making her turn over, purring in his arms before she barely managed to slip away, breathing heavily, "You away from me!"

Jun shrugged, curling his lips when Ichigo covered his face, "How do you manage to do that?"

"Do what?" Jun innocently blinked when Tatsuki pulled his ear, "Mmhm, he means ruffle the wrong feathers."

"In this case, fur?"

"Jun!"

"Yes, yes," Jun raised his hands, "I'll stop being annoying."

"For one," Uryu nodded towards Kisuke, "Can we leave before he starts again?"

Yoruichi climbed on Orihime's shoulder, "Yes, but there are a few things that you must know before entering the Soul Society."

Soul Society,

There have been little waves recently in the calm Soul Society after nearly a decade. But recently, someone noticed a presence of massive spiritual pressure, one that could rival more powerful Captains, even make short work of one of the Espada's.

From its looks, it was a Fullbringer, who was given the powers of a Shinigami. The last time it happened, it turned out to be a disaster, which is why Central 46 ordered to bring the Shinigami responsible back. But just when everyone thought it would be a light sentence, Central 46 ordered the execution of Rukia Kuchiki.

Division 13,

"Captain Ukitake..."

"I know what you are going to say...but we can't interfere," Captain Ukitake stared at the tea, "There was already talk of changing the members of Central 46 and choosing new members ever since the addition of New Great Noble Families. Now...that barely calmed down sentiment would rise again...and this time Kuchiki, Shiba, and probably the Shihoin would agree to this."

"You are thinking why would Central 46 sacrifice a girl and make their last stand at the same time?"

Jay and Ukitake looked back; their eyes found Captain Kyoraku standing at the door and Nanao Ise standing behind him, bowing.

"Yes, that question does come to the minds...yours too?"

"His too, I guess?" Shunsui looked towards the other door that allowed one to enter this room.

The next moment it opened, with Captain Kaien Shiba laughing awkwardly, rubbing the back of his head, "I just came to see Captain Ukitake."

Miyako bowed towards them, greeting, smiling, "We were just worried about Rukia."

"Everyone is," Jay shifted, making a place for them to sit.

"You sure are calm," Shunsui sat down, "Isn't Rukia your Vice-Captain?"

"Well, one of them," Jay chuckled, "I don't plan to interfere in this mess."

Kaien blinked, squatting beside him, watching him closely, "Hmm, what the hell are you playing at?"

Jay innocently blinked, "Is it? I am really staying out of it...it was Rukia's choice to do what she did."

Kaien looked towards the other Captain's and Vice-Captains before they unanimously shook their head, shrugged their lips, or shrugged, "Nope, definitely planning something."

"Wow, you guys suck," Jay looked hurt, slumping his shoulder, "I am not planning anything...but..."

"But?" Shunsui raised his eyebrows.

"But I am interested in what kind of person Rukia gave her powers to," Jay raised his head, looking outwards, smiling when the alarms all over the Seireitei set off.

"Is that?" Ukitake stood up in haste, looking towards the west.

Jay narrowed his eyes, "Probably? Let's just watch the show, shall we? No one will mind if we stay out of the mess for a while."

Shunsui held his hat, "I am afraid...I have to go back to the barracks. To protect my Division Members."

Kaien pressed his lips, "So do I..."

Jay yawned, "Well, my dear Vice-Captain can handle the things over there."

"More like she's the one that always handled things," Nanao Ise spoke, giving him a look, making Jay scratch his cheek.

West District,

Jun landed outside of the Seireitei, breathing in the air filled with overwhelming spiritual energy, "Ohhhhh...this is soo good."

Uryu watched spiritual particles appear on his fingertips, "It's a perfect place for Quincies..."

"This is...Soul Society," Tatsuki looked at the old-style Japanese housing, something out of the last era, "I was expecting more..."

Jun watched the people hiding inside their houses when he heard Orihime's voice, "Kurosaki-Kun!" 

"That idiot," Tatsuki turned her gaze towards Ichigo, running towards Seireitei, the floating blocks came down to make the wall, but Ichigo increased his speed. His body struck against an invisible shield, but through force, he broke through, reaching the other side just in the nick of time, and the wall came down.

He let out a sigh of relief, looking back at the wall, "Sorry...but there are too many..."

He stopped in the middle of the sentence, looking up to see Jun's spiritual pressure rise, and he wrapped it around everyone, creating a spear that rose up in the air before smashing into the barrier. It penetrated the barrier, breaking it apart, and everyone got shot in different directions.

"Damn it," Ichigo held the hilt of his sealed Zanpakuto in frustration. He darted his eyes around the others, running towards the direction where Orihime and Tatsuki fell.

2