Chapter 65 – View
451 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ichigo held his head, remembering all his memories, "You made such a mess."

Jun was lying in front of Ichigo, his head resting on his hands, legs crossed, staring at the roof, "Hmm. Yeah, I did."

"What was all this even about?" Ichigo frowned, "You just wanted to pick a fight."

"No, it wasn't my plan, and it was Aizen's."

"But you helped," Ichigo rubbed his head, "Otherwise, things would have ended up a lot more differently."

"Well, I am not really sure about that. I am pretty sure that either way, you would have fought against the Shinigami's, but it would have been over much sooner."

"So, explain."

Jun sat up, sighing, "You are muscle, and I am the brain."

"I am the muscle," Ichigo raised his eyebrow, laughing, "You are the one with the craziest fullbring ever. You are using the Sokyoku like a toothpick."

Jun raised the toothpick-sized Sokyoku from his ear, "Not really...it's more like...um...pen?"

"Still...here I always thought you were a heartless bastard," Ichigo stared at the Sokyoku.

"Who knew," Jun smiled, "I just really like the world and where it's going. I am curious...and that gave birth to my fullbring."

Ichigo shook his head, feeling his head hurt, "What were you trying to do?"

"I was trying to go against Aizen, intellectually. Like a game of chess," Jun pressed his lips. He was trying to see how much could he change Aizen's plans, just as Jun.

"You failed?"

"Royally."

Ichigo lay down on the floor, staring at the roof, breathing in, "Thank you..."

"Why?"

"It was nice...without the sword named Aizen hanging over my neck," Ichigo closed his eyes, "It was fun."

"Hmm," Jun closed his eyes, smiling, "Whatever the case, the threat won't be looming over our head for long."

"We'll be dead?"

Jun laughingly said, "No, we'll win."

Ichigo exhaled, "Let's hope."

*Slide Open*

"You two, come with me."

Jun and Ichigo looked towards the white-haired old man, standing up, "Yeah."

Sasakibe guided them towards the Captain's Meeting Hall as the three entered inside. Ichigo's eyes looked from side to side, seeing more than thirty Captain and Vice-Captain's combined. Each of them was strong.

Ichigo's eyes landed on Rukia, nodding at her when his eyes were automatically attracted to her Captain. If Jun wasn't walking behind them, he would have mistaken the man for Jun. It wasn't the face or build, but the person itself, something Ichigo couldn't put his finger on.

He was too fixed when Jun nudged him, gesturing in a direction, making Ichigo turn his eyes towards another Captain, who looked much like Ichigo.

"Uncle?" Ichigo whispered under his breath.

"Hm."

The two of them stopped in front of Captain Commander, who stared at them, opening his mouth, "Do you know why you are here?"

Jun innocently blinked, "Hmm, because your highest decision-making command got killed, and then you got manipulated, and then nearly killed one of your strong fighters, and so we had to interfere."

Shunsui let out a laugh, snickering, looking away when Jushiro coughed, giving Shunsui a look.

Shunsui shrugged, looking away from Yamamoto's gaze, who turned his eyes towards Ichigo's embarrassed face, "You are only here because Kisuke Urahara begged to give you this chance. To show your powers."

"Ah, so we were the sideshow."

Ichigo wrapped his hand around Jun's head, covering his mouth, bowing, "Thank you for giving us a chance and not holding it over us...all the damage we caused."

Jun removed Ichigo's palm from his mouth, audibly whispering, "Ah, smart. Now they won't have the face to ask us to pay for damages."

When Tsunade started laughing, Rukia covered her face, feeling ashamed, turning all eyes towards Tsunade.

Ichigo sealed Jun's mouth much more tightly, awkwardly smiling at Yamamoto, "You were saying something?"

Yamamoto breathed in, "Tell me, why did you choose to come here?"

Ichigo hesitated, "I came here to save Rukia."

Yamamoto frowned, "You did know that Rukia wasn't in danger?"

"Ummm..."

Jun removed Ichigo's hand again, "Not really. I kind of sealed his memories of Soul Society and Soul Reapers."

Byakuya furrowed his brows, "Why would you do that? Is that why he didn't know about the name of the Zanpakuto? It wasn't just acting?"

Jun glanced towards him, "Kuchiki Family, so you would know the History of Soul Society with the Quincies, right? It's taking everything I have to not kill the freak face who boasted to my friend, another Quincy, that he experimented on our kind."

"Heh, that's nothing worth boas-" Mayuri scoffed when he became paralyzed. He felt the deep red eyes on him, "Don't test me. I'll kill you before anyone in this room has the chance to register your death. Just shut up and pray that I don't kill you."

Jun exhaled deeply, cooling himself down, "Basically, I know about the Quincies and the history between the two, and I agree that Quincies weren't in the right, but I also know that Soul Society was closed off. If it wasn't for the Convergence Event that happened fifty years ago, our existence for you would be an abomination. I just wanted Ichigo to make his our mind about the Soul Society and Soul Reapers."

"Hmm," Jushiro watched Ichigo, "So, did you make your mind?"

Ichigo scratched his head, "No, not really...I mean...I like the people...and it doesn't seem all bad, and this is Rukia's home. Ugh...I don't know about the history or everything that happened. Ugh...does it even matter?"

"Ugh," Jun raised his hands in defeat, walking towards the exit, "Useless."

Ichigo slumped his shoulder, feeling an arrow go through his heart, "Indecisive!"

Ichigo looked back, watching Jun disappear before Jun took a few steps back, shouting, "Wimp!" 

Ichigo scratched his cheek, "Yeah...so...um...I am really sorry about all the trouble we caused."

Jay narrowed his eyes, "You aren't going to stay? To fight against Aizen?"

Ichigo thought for a moment, shaking his head, "No...this is not our fight."

"Aizen is interested in you, so this is very much your fight."

Ichigo bowed, "I'll handle that when it comes to that, for now. I'll just go home with my friends. I hope you win this war of yours."

1