Chapter 79 – Boruto Vs Iwabee
482 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Guren! Wake up, Guren!"

*Yawwwnnnnn*

Guren opened his eyes, looking at exited Karin, "What is it?"

"There is a fight! A fight between Ninjas! Let's go see it!"

Guren covered his mouth, yawning again. He was too tired recently since this body didn't have the stamina of the other bodies; handling Tsunade, Kushina, Sakura, and Hinata was too much.

"Those two," Guren narrowed his eyes, "Let's go."

Training Grounds,

"Wow, this is so amazing," Karin's eyes shined, watching the two battle in between.

"Right, where you come from, there aren't Ninjas, right," Chocho asked, eating chips, "It's just a normal day here."

Yuzu watched the battlefield in amazement, "No, where we come from...only very few have the power."

"Although, everyone we know is far stronger...well, almost everyone," Karin remembered one guy, curling her lips.

"Well, these are just academy students; real ninjas are much stronger," Chocho pridefully said.

Karin was about to reply when Guren patted her head, "Just watch the fight, and see the difference."

Although in the past two weeks, Karin and Yuzu had been able to awaken Chakra, and it came bursting out in Yuzu, overwhelmingly, but in Karin, it was ever-increasing. It was almost as if the spiritual energy in her soul was pushing her Chakra to find some kind of balance.

With the Chakra they had, he just hoped that they'd learn taijutsu, ninjutsu, kenjutsu, and hopefully some genjutsu.

"Reached your limit already, Hokage's Son?!"

"Shut up! I won't give in to someone who thinks power is everything," Boruto was on his knees, breathing heavily, looking at the older student Iwabee.

"But that's what you will do! That is what Hokage and all the other adults have always done. They all rose up through the ranks because of their power. Now they just decide that times have changed? If things were the same, then I'd graduated and become a ninja a long time ago!"

Iwabee clenched his fists, "But the things are now. Unless I pass courses that have absolutely nothing to do with ninjutsu! I can't become a ninja."

"Huh, so it was all about not being able to pass exams? Geez, that's so idiotic," Karin hung over the railing, curling her lips.

Her voice echoed in the whole training hall, making others taken aback.

"So what if it is, huh?"

"Don't you think you are taking it out on the wrong person?" Boruto spoke.

"What did you say?"

"If you really want to become a ninja, then you have to keep at it no matter how many times you fail!" Boruto rushed over, exchanging blows with Iwabee, using the shadow clones to help him.

"Instead, you blame the time you live in! Miss classes! And act like the world is against you!"

He wrapped himself around Iwabee's waist from behind, trying to slam him back, "And that's! One of the most uncool things I have ever heard!"

But Iwabee got angry, picking him up, throwing him back to the other clones, "You are calling me uncool!"

"Yeah, duh, not that I am going to lose to you!"

Yuzu widened her eyes, "He disappeared...?"

"No, it was misdirection; he's standing right there," Guren pointed at the red pillar.

"Wow, he's standing on the pillar!"

"Wait, can they just through such dangerous weapons at each other?"

"Yeah," Guren chuckled.

Suddenly, everyone around them gasped, "Wow, he did it."

Iwabee stood up, jumping back to a poll-like weapon, "You jerk!! Aghhhh!!!!"

He pulled out a double-edged hammer made of stone, slamming it down on the ground, creating a gorge that moved to a pillar, causing it to fall.

"He knows Earth-style too?"

"Wait, what?"

"The only thing I ever wanted was to become like Hokage! I want to fight like him! That's the path I have chosen, and I am not going to let it end right here!"

He raised the hammer to use the Earth-style Jutsu on Boruto when there was a sharp bird cry, followed by a red and orange-colored bird that stole the hammer from Iwabee.

"So pretty!" Yuzu was fascinated by the bird.

"Inojin!" Shikadai loudly said, knowing the only person who could have used the bird.

"What gives?!"

"Were you the one who said no weapons? You are going to break the rules? Isn't that uncool?"

"Huh...you are right...that was uncool," Iwabee simmered down, closing his eyes when most of the class started cheering, but the cheering died down from Guren's next sentence.

"Huh, was there a point to this fight? Why are you guys so cheerful?"

Suddenly, every eye was on Guren as Shikadai smiled, "This fight proves that Boruto isn't riding on anyone's coat-tails. Not even Hokage."

"Huh?" Guren was taken aback before he burst out in laughter, even causing Shino, who had just entered the room, to stop.

His laughter was pleasant comforting, but for some, it was just outright grating.

Guren jumped over the railing, laughing, covering his eyes as he strolled over to Boruto, "Did you say this fight just proved that Boruto isn't riding on his father's coat-tail? Wow, that is the funniest joke I have ever heard."

"It's not a joke!" Boruto glared at him.

"Isn't it," Guren breathed in, calming down, "Say did you know that Shino-Sensei was in the same class as Seventh Hokage?"

"Really!" While most of the students were surprised, some of them who were in a close circle weren't, including Boruto.

Guren looked towards Shino, "Sensei, what is Lord Hokage's favorite Jutsu? The one he used the most?"

Shino held the railing, he wasn't sure where this was going, but for some reason, he couldn't resist answering, "Shadow-Clone Jutsu."

"Right."

Boruto was a bit surprised since he was taught this Jutsu but never knew it was his father's favorite, "It was the Jutsu that Lord Hokage used the most. But he was only able to use it so freely because of the immense Chakra he had. Few ninjas could use a shadow clone Jutsu like him. Hell, like you."

Boruto felt a little proud, "That just means I am a genius."

"No, it means you are your father's son."

Boruto's proud look disappeared, turning into a sharp glare when Guren's presence seemed to become stifling for him and the others, "It's a B-Rank Jutsu. You shouldn't even have access to it. Your Jutsu, Knowledge, Fighting Technique, Chakra, Clothes, everything you have is because your father is the Seventh Hokage. Take the Jutsu your father gave you away, take the training your sister-in-law gave you away, take the name Uzumaki away, and the Chakra that comes with it. Without all that, what are you, Boruto?"

Boruto gulped, trembling, looking into Guren's black eyes shining with violet light. Guren's hand on his shoulder felt like he had the weight of the world, making him drop down on his knees, "Let me tell you, you are nothing. You aren't just riding his coat-tail. You are hanging onto it, barely at that too, and you had the gull to say otherwise?"

Shino appeared beside Guren, "Enough, Guren. That's going too far."

Guren stepped away, letting Boruto fall forward on his hands and knees, dripping with sweat, gasping for breath, "Please. All I see you guys do is baby him all the way. My Dad...he's out of the Village, on the mission to protect Konoha. We don't even know most times where he is or if he is even alive. But Seventh, he's just in the office, sitting there, working hard. At least he knows where his father is and doing important work, and yet all I hear him do is cry out how unfair it is that his Dad is freaking protecting the Village and its peace!"

Guren walked past Boruto, causing Shino to want to catch up to him, "Heh, I bet he never even bothered to go to his Dad or know about him, or even try to connect because he should be more important than the million lives that the Hokage shoulders. He's nothing but an entitled brat who's screaming that he's not entitled. That's what's uncool."

4