Chapter 80 – Incident
446 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Guren said that...huh," Naruto leaned back on the chair, closing his eyes.

Shino stood in front of Hokage's desk, reporting, sighing, "I guess Sasuke's absence affected Guren too."

Shikamaru scratched his cheek, "Guren is an intelligent boy, too intelligent and mature. But I guess...it makes sense when you think about it. Even he has his limits."

Naruto opened his eyes, looking in the distance, "Sasuke...maybe I should try talking to Guren?"

"Hm, No need," Shikamaru shook his head, "This is between children; let it stay like this. And this might be good for Boruto...with the dangers we are facing. I'm afraid it's better if children grow a bit faster."

Academy's Roof,

"That was a bit harsh, don't you think?"

"Shikadai," Guren looked over his shoulder with a cold look in his eyes.

Shikadai rubbed his head, "That look doesn't suit you."

Guren let out a smile, closing his eyes, opening them to look again with a cheerful look in them, "You are right."

Shikadai looked at the cheerful smile, involuntarily blushing, looking away, "This is such a drag."

Guren chuckled, "Say, Shikadai. Your Dad works as much as Hokage, staying just as late, if sometimes not more. Even he can't make the home most days, so...aren't you angry?"

Shikadai sighed, walking over to Guren, standing next to him, "Well...I understand how important his work is."

"And yet you never bothered telling that to Boruto..."

"Ehehe...Hah," Shikadai exhaled, looking away.

"Like I said. You are babying him because he is your best friend, and adults are babying him because he is Naruto Uzumaki's Son. It's about time someone showed him the reality..."

"You can be so strange sometimes."

Guren chuckled, "It's nothing strange. I just got tired of hearing that brat whine all the time. Especially in front of Sarada."

"Mm," Shikadai turned back, "Let's go if you have cooled down a bit."

"Yeah."

The Next Day,

"Now it's time for your Shuriken training; try hitting those posts," Shino ordered the group of students, about to explain, but everyone started throwing on their own, making him escape.

Karin threw with all her strength, missing all of them, and Yuzu gently threw it, hitting the center.

"How did you do that?" Karin threw, again and again, missing, when Guren held her hand.

He gently held her palm, standing behind her, "Don't throw it with force but flick your wrist. It's all on the wrist. Move shoulder, unfurl the elbow, and then the wrist. Everything is in a fluid motion. Later on, you'd be able to do with your wrist itself."

Guren controlled her wrist, throwing the shuriken, hitting the center, "See?"

"Wahhh," Yuzu threw the shuriken way off the mark, "Guren! Teach me too?"

"Guren! Teach me too!"

"Me too!!"

"Me! Me!"

"Me!"

Guren took a step back, seeing many of the girls, strangely some boys asking him to teach.

He awkwardly smiled when Boruto came jumping, "Let me show you how it's done! Demon Wind Shuriken!"

Shino widened his eyes, "No, Boruto!"

"I"ll show you how it's done!" Metal Lee came running, but in the midway, he became nervous, raising his leg with got stuck at the center of the Demon Wind Shuriken, circling with it, colliding against the stump.

"Geez," Guren held his head, "Sarada, I know a place where we can practice with peace. You want to come over?"

"Can we come too?!" Chocho's eyes shined.

"Sure, anyone is invited as long as you are serious about practicing," Guren smiled.

"Borutooo!!!" Shino shouted.

A Few Days Later,

"Hmm, there is another incident," Guren walked over to the alley, seeing the guy that was covered in negative energy.

"Guren," Boruto froze, looking at Guren with a bad mood, curling his lips.

Guren waved at him, "Yo, who is the new guy?"

"Hello, my name is Mitsuki," Mitsuki bowed, observing Guren with his golden eyes.

Guren smiled at him, "Good job putting that guy down so effortlessly. The Administration is going through some changes, so everyone is too busy, but this problem seems to be spreading.

"I know, right," Shikadai scratched his cheek, "Even my Mom is going back to work. She usually only took occasional missions, but it seems she had taken a permanent job now."

"I heard," Guren walked over to the guy in Karate gi, kneeling in front of him, checking his pulse, "Even Inojin's Mom had to hire someone to run the shop in her absence, and it seems Chocho's mother is the same. Isn't Aunt Hinata and Aunt Hanabi taking a post too?"

Boruto was taken aback, looking away, "I know that Mom went somewhere in a hurry, just don't know where."

"They are really going all out, huh," Shikadai shrugged, seeing Guren pick the guy in his arms.

"Where are you taking him," Iwabee narrowed his eyes with a hint of worry in them.

"It's nothing," Guren stopped, "This thing...it seems that it makes them more powerful, but that sudden power consumes a lot of chakras...or is it drained? I can't be sure. Either way, you caught this one in time; if someone stays like this for prolonged periods, then there is a chance that they'd die. I was going to take him to the hospital and use the opportunity to ask if there were other similar cases."

"Oh, that sounds like fun. Do you mind if I tag along?" Mitsuki, who had been curiously watching them, asked.

"Sure," Guren started walking on the side of the wall, climbing up while holding the guy over his shoulder.

"Wait, we are coming too," Boruto jumped up between the walls, zigzagging to climb higher, following behind Mitsuki, who also effortlessly walked on the wall.

"This is such a drag," Shikadai jumped up with Iwabee running up the wall, following after them.

2