Chapter 83 – Hollow in Konoha?
411 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Boruto threw Shurikens, trying to fight against the house-sized monster that was in front of their house, roaring, wearing a mask. But the Shuriken, Kunai, no matter what he used, didn't even leave a mark.

His eyes looked above the monster, seeing a Health Line, "Hollow?"

"How did a Hollow get here!" Karin just wished she had a sword when she noticed her clothes change into a Shinigami and a Zanpakuto on her waist.

"Hell yeah!" She rushed over, exchanging blows with the Hollow, jumping off its hand, revolving.

Yuzu created a small bow of chakra, firing arrows at the Hollow, "Himawari, stay behind!"

"Our weapons are doing little damage!" Sarada just spoke when the Hollow rushed over to her, smashing her on the side, causing her body to be hurled back, falling on the ground. But it wasn't as hard as she expected, just a little pushback. Still, it hurt.

"Sarada!" Boruto threw kunai at it while Karin slashed its hand, spraying the blood, "Target its mask!"

Surprisingly, Sumire stayed back beside Guren and Himawari, who watched the four of them struggle against the Hollow, fighting, slowly chipping its health away. The more they fought, the more they realized its fighting pattern and started working as a team.

Boruto created shadow clones, but the shadow clones blankly looked around, "Where did it go?"

"It's right here!" Boruto fought, confused, but he didn't have the time to think. He tried to awaken his Byakugan but couldn't.

"Die!!" After tens of minutes of hard work, Karin finally succeded in destroying its mark, causing it to turn into pixels, disappearing.

Karin, Yuzu, Boruto, and Sarada fell down on their knees and ass, dead tired, "Finally!"

Just as they rested, they heard another roar, seeing an even larger Hollow in front of them, "Run!"

"Just remove the headset," Guren's voice calmed them down.

Boruto looed over, "Headset?"

He hastily got rid of it, remembering the shadow clones who couldn't see the enemy, and the voice disappeared. Not only that, the weapons he thought he used, the damage to the surrounding, even the injuries and pain had disappeared, "This...how is this possible?!"

"A genjutsu?" Sarada questioned; that was the only thing she could think of.

"Virtual Reality?!" Karin blanked out for a moment, "So coool!!"

"Both of you are right and wrong," Guren manipulated the tablet, looking at their performance, "Have you heard on Scientific Ninja Tools?"

"Barely," Boruto said when Guren took out a Gauntlet he had picked up on the way.

"This is a Gauntlet that Mr. Katasuke has created; it's still in the testing phase," He took out bullet sized scroll, showing them.

"This is a Scroll with a Ninjutsu written inside it. All you have to do is this," He put it inside the Gauntlet, "Form the corresponding sign."

He pointed the Gauntlet on empty space, firing a fireball, "And the Gauntlet reads the scroll, firing that Jutsu by consuming the chakra stored inside it."

"That is so cool!" Boruto wanted to touch it, drooling over it, "Can I play with it?"

Sarada rolled her eyes, looking towards the headset, "Is this headset the same?"

"Yes, but rather than firing the Jutsu, that headset entraps the wearer into an elaborate Genjutsu. That scroll which I put had a massive Genjutsu inscribed on it. The machine stores immense chakra, and the headset are connected to the machine by the network. Still, there are many bugs, like Shadow Clones not being able to create the headset so they can't see the Augmented Reality. I think if I put it in the genjutsu...and control Shadow Clones through the main. Hmm."

"So basically, it's a real-life video game," Boruto watched it with shining eyes.

"Yes, but it was supposed to be used for training purposes. The difficulty of the game depends on your skill. If Hokage fought against that Hollow, then he would have destroyed it with one punch." 

Karin looked down at her clothes, "So the sword and clothes...?"

"Programmed."

"Hell yeah!" Karin became excited, wearing the headset, "Let's start this! I am going to train until I can't move any more!"

"Big brother, Hima wants to play too..." Himawari asked with big eyes.

"Yes, Himawari can play too," Guren patted her head, "It's just a game. You won't get hurt, but it might pain a little."

"Hima will play too!!"

"Sumire?"

Sumire sat down beside him, sweetly smiling, "No. I am fine right here."

"Right, since I don't have a very big chakra generator or immense chakra. The AR will only run for a few hours," Guren looked towards Boruto, "Which reminds me. I figured something about your eyes."

"My eyes?" Boruto remembered, "Right, my eyes?!"

"So he has Byakugan?" Sarada asked.

"No, I am not sure. But you have activated this eye before?"

Boruto nodded, "A few times without realizing."

"Then it's simple," Guren explained, "Your eyes are not activating because they are reacting."

"Reacting?"

"Yes, they are reacting to certain circumstances, which makes the eyes become active. Until the condition is achieved, you can't activate it. All because you haven't trained enough, basically. You don't deserve the eyes because you are too weak."

"Ughh~!" Boruto was hit hard, hearing Guren's guess. As much as he hated it, he was starting to agree with Guren thinking about all the things that happened.

He tightened his jaw, wearing the headset, "Then I am going to train too!!"

"Oh, right, if you go over the village, then you will find different Hollows in different places. So you don't have to stay here and fight this one. Enjoy yourself, but take Hima with you."

Boruto picked up Himawari, "Let's go, Hima! We shall kill the monsters!"

"Don't run alone! We can't beat them alone!" Karin ran behind him, looking back at Yuzu and Sarada, who followed.

Sumire watched them leave with a smile, leaning towards Guren, putting her head on his shoulder, dazedly looking in the distance, "You are amazing...really amazing."

"Hm," Guren rested his head on hers, closing his eyes. After millennia of traveling through so many universes, mastering so many technologies, this was child's play, "Thank you."

Sumire interlocked her fingers with his, "I feel so much at peace with you...so much."

"Sumire," Guren leaned forward, causing Sumire to breathe in, raising her chin, closing her eyes. Their lips brushed against each other, locking together.

4