Chapter 89 – Hollow In Ninjaverse
398 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Just you two," Guren walked to the stump of a tree, looking at Boruto and Mitsuki.

Boruto held his collar, "How could you try and kill Class Rep! Isn't there something special between you two?!"

"Kill her? You idiot," Guren slapped his hand away, "I was just going to hold her on Kunai point and knock her out. To buy time to study the Seal that connected her to Nue and safely dispel it. You are the one that made a mess...Your eye is still reacting, not acting."

"Wait...so I am the...one...who killed her?"

"She's not dead," Guren narrowed his eyes, "I know she's not."

*Roarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

"But we might be if we face that thing," Mitsuki looked at the giant Nue, roaring lightly. But the light roar was like a wind-style attack.

"Oye, Sumire. Aren't you tired of all this? Just end this, and let's go home."

"It's too late," Sumire walked to the side from behind Nue, appearing in front of them.

She lifelessly walked over, "You know...my Dad worked really hard for the Village during the war...but once the war was over..."

"He was ostracized, and then you had to be on the run from all the people who wanted revenge against the Root members."

Guren uninterestedly looked away, "I know, I found out long ago...about the third or fourth attack, I guess."

"Of course you did," Sumire closed her eyes, "Then you also know that my mother's health deteriorated, and she died. I...I don't even remember her voice now."

"You know I can just awaken that memory through a tug, and you will be able to remember her voice."

Sumire clenched her fist, shouting, "Can you stop being logical and hear me?! My father gave everything after that to revenge! I am his weapon! His anger!!"

Guren stepped towards her, "It's not logic...I just couldn't care less."

"Guren!" Boruto stepped between them, stopping him from proceeding, looking over his shoulder at Sumire's shocked face.

"Class Rep! That's not true! He cares! We care!"

Guren passed by Boruto, shaking his head, "No...I truly don't care about all that."

He stepped in front of her, patting her head, "I care about the Sumire that was worried for her friends, that cares about us. The one that is always busy...enjoying every moment that she spends with us. The one who loves to cook, to play. That's the Sumire I care about."

"Guren..."

"Surprised to see that he has this side?" Mitsuki asked Boruto, who looked away, crossing his hands.

"Let's just end this and go home? I have dinner to cook," Guren kissed her forehead.

Sumire closed her eyes, letting go, falling in his arms, "It's not fair...when you say that...with that face...with those eyes...it's not fair."

"It doesn't have to be fair," Guren hugged her, his eyes watching her back, brushing against the Seal when Nue stepped towards them.

"Be careful!" Boruto shouted when Nue rubbed its head against them, confusing bother Boruto and Mitsuki, who stood back, watching.

*GRRrrrRRRRrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRrrrrRRRRrrrrrrRRRRRRrrrrrr*

"Did you hear that?" Boruto looked around, and so did Guren.

"Yeah...it was like monsters grown?"

"What growl?" Mitsuki tilted his head, "You mean Nue? He seems calm enough."

"Nue..." Sumire rubbed his fur, "I am sorry...Nue..."

"You heard it, right?" Boruto looked at Guren when his eyes activated, looking up, "That is! A Hollow!!"

"A Hollow? Are you still playing?" Even as Mitsuki spoke, he felt something wrong. He entered partial Sage Mode, following Boruto's gaze, sensing, "There is something strong there."

*ROAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!*

Nue looked up, roaring, sweeping its tail against the Hollow, who just slammed it back.

Guren picked up Sumire, stepping back, narrowing his eyes, looking at the Adjuchas. It was a half-humanoid body and half-snake, wrapping its tail around the pillar.

His eyes turned towards Nue, "Did Nue's rampage attract its attention? There isn't even a defense against a Hollow here."

"So it really is a Hollow? I thought they were just the part of a game?" Mitsuki asked, observing Guren.

"But! But! There is one right there!" Boruto pointed.

"So it wasn't a game...it was to prepare other Ninjas and us against something like that?" Mitsuki narrowed his eyes.

"Really!" Boruto widened his eyes, "That's sneaky! Making us train like that!"

"Shut up," Guren stepped back, seeing Nue's tail and Naga Hollow's arm collide, creating shockwaves that threw the four of them backward.

Guren turned in the air, taking a kunai, attaching himself to the wall, sticking on the wall.

Boruto and Mitsuki stopped themself near him, "It's strong!"

"Of course, it is," Guren tightened his jaw in worry, "What you fight against is just a mindless Hollow in training. Usually, they possess the same amount of stats as a Jonin, without the skills and techniques. Ordinarily, a Jonin would easily win against a mindless Hollow, but that sheer power demands perfection from Genins. A team of Chunins can defeat them."

He glanced at them, "But there is a higher level, Menos Grande. Only the likes of Elite Chunins might be able to defeat them, and that right there...is Adjuchas. It's an even higher level...it could easily go toe to toe against a Jonin, that is...if a Jonin could even see it."

"How do you know so much about it?" Mitsuki asked.

Guren looked at him, watching Sumire and Boruto's questioning gaze, shaking his head, "You don't have the clearance to know."

"At a time like this!" Boruto gritted his teeth.

Sumire looked at Nue fighting something, "I can't see it..."

"Oh, right," Guren held her with one hand, taking out a scroll, "Sumire...can you.."

"Right! Right!" Sumire blushed, standing on the pillar, letting him take out a scroll, summoning two pairs of glasses, "Wear them."

Mitsuki took one, and Sumire took the other when the glasses lit up, allowing them to see a massive hollow, swinging its tentacles fighting against Nue.

"Tell Nue to not absorb its energy, and we might not know how Nue will react to that energy," Guren suggested.

"I think it already knows," Mitsuki watched in amazement, "It's a creature made of souls..."

"We need to find a way out of here, or we are going to die."

Boruto looked around, seeing a purple shine, "There! That way!"

"Hm," Guren looked over, turning to give the Adjuchas one last look, "Let's go."

2