Chapter 90 – Lie and Hollow
378 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Boruto! Guren" Naruto appeared in front of the four of them, Kakashi, Sai, and many other Anbus followed right after.

"You are safe," Kakashi let out a breath of relief, "What happened to Nue?"

"Well, a Hollow of Adjuchas Class appeared, and it's keeping Nue busy."

"Adjuchas Class," Naruto frowned, "Why would..."

"Either way, it's a good thing for us," Kakashi raised his eyes, "Right...? We have other things to deal with."

"About that," Guren stood in front of Sumire, "It was my fault...I was trying to expand the System's limits, and it burst apart, releasing the massive Chakra. Sumire had to absorb it all to save me, and because of that, she lost control of her summon." 

"Guren," Sai patted his shoulder, gently smiling, "Thank you, but trust me on this. I have been there...I wouldn't let her suffer."

Guren took a step back, looking down, "No, you don't understand. I was the one that caused the accident. I already knew that Sumire was behind the incidents, so I convinced her to give up and stay with me. She even agreed to it and gave up her dead father's mission. But I used her sentiments to manipulate her and cause the accident to see what kind of creature would it create with Chakra that immense. I even made the Headsets as an excuse to collect that Chakra. I basically forced her, prepared teleportation in my room, and even chose the battlefield. So she's not at fault."

"Guren..." Naruto pressed his lips.

"No! That's not true!" Sumire shouted when Guren gave her a look to stay silent.

"That's quite a story," Kakashi smiled under the mask, "I almost believed it for a moment. Don't worry about it...she'll be fine, kid."

"It's here!" Boruto, who had been busy hearing them talk felt his eye activate, looking towards the side, seeing the Hollow appear.

Kakashi activated his Sharingan, seeing the change in Boruto's eye, narrowing his eyes before he looked towards the mass of energy that traveled through the space.

"This...is just Adjuchas?" Kakashi asked a rhetorical question.

"Get back!" Naruto ordered all the others who couldn't see, and the Nine-Tails Cloak appeared on his body.

"Did it kill Nue already?"

"No, Nue is alive!" Sumire spoke.

"Then that just means it's not Nue that the Hollow was after," Naruto protected the kids, "Let me deal with this."

"No, don't," Guren stopped him, "Lord Hokage...don't you want to know what is it after if not Nue?"

Naruto looked over his shoulder, smiling, "Don't worry. I was going to let it. As long as I am here, no one can hurt you."

"Dad..." Boruto watched in a daze since it was the first time he had seen his father like this.

"Boruto, Mitsuki, Sumire, spread out to make it obvious who it goes after," Guren started moving towards the left.

"Right," Mitsuki moved away, and so did Sumire, covering the Hollows 12, 3, 6, 9.

The Adjuchas spoke, "You are asking why am I here? Of course, I am here for you!"

The Adjuchas attacked Boruto before him but used the tentacles to go after Guren.

Naruto appeared in front of Boruto while Kakashi used the purple lightning to cut off the tentacles. The Adjuchas screamed, entering the space, disappearing.

"It can freely move between dimensions," Kakashi frowned, "It's far too easily."

"That's the annoying part about them," Guren jumped up, and a Hollow arm appeared to catch him, "But they are predictable."

Guren turned in the air, watching Kakashi cut the Hollow's hand off, narrowing his eyes, "Why me...?"

Kakashi narrowed his Sharingan, his eyes flashing, "I think...I might have an idea."

"So do I..." Guren landed near Naruto, looking over his shoulder, "Boruto, can you see it?"

"Huh? Yeah, you guys can't?" Boruto watched the Hollow move through the dimensions between, "It's right there."

"Boruto?" Naruto was about to reprimand him when he stopped, "What is that eye? A Byakugan?"

"No, it's different," Guren spoke, "It has certain features of Byakugan...but rather than things it sees through Dimensions. And like you, it can see Negative Emotions and Souls-like Hollows. But it mostly reacts since Boruto is too weak to control it."

Boruto was puffing his chest out in front of Naruto, pridefully, who patted his head, "Congratulations, Boruto. It's an awesome power."

Boruto's face became flushed, slapping Naruto's hand, "Of course it is!"

"But train harder to control it."

"You know, you can do that Father-Son talk later?"

"Right, Kakashi-Sensei," Naruto looked towards Boruto, "Boruto, tell me when it's about to come out."

"Yes," Boruto fixed his gaze on the Hollow, watching Naruto ready a Rasengan, prepared to blast it off.

But the Adjuchas never came; it just left, disappearing, "Wait, it's gone..."

"Boruto just spoke when his eye looked further in, seeing the Hollow on white stands, traveling away before the eye deactivated, "It's gone. In a place with white sands..."

"Hueco Mundo..." Naruto's Kurama Cloak and Rasengan disappeared, "I have only heard of it from Lady Tsunade...the Planet where the Hollows reside. But why now...and why Guren?"

"I think I know," Kakashi walked over, "Guren's story wasn't a complete lie. He did know about Sumire before, and he did convince her to stop. And he probably even used the Headsets to collect more Chakra for her so that she didn't have to take it from villagers and hurt them. Thus increasing her punishment."

"Guren," Sumire sweetly looked at him, holding his hand, "Sorry..."

Guren looked away, putting his hands inside his pocket, not acknowledging anything.

"Oh, but that doesn't explain the Hollow?" Mitsuki tilted his head in confusion.

"Yes, but I think he even prepared for in case Sumire takes the Chakra, it will teleport her to an empty area, giving us enough time to respond and stop her. What he didn't plan was she would give him some kind of sedative."

Sumire looked down, ashamed, hearing Kakashi's next word in surprise, "But Boruto isn't the only one with a Dojutsu he can't control. It seems Guren has one, too, that reacted to the sedative, wiping out its effect. That's what attracted the Hollow and Neu's presence, that raging Chakra was the beacon it needed to reach you."

"Ohh," Boruto's eyes lit up, snickering, "And you said that I need training!"

"You had to say it," Guren rolled his eyes at Kakashi, who softly chuckled, "But it's a good thing that this happened. I thought that this generation's Academy Students were worthless, but the four of you show potential."

"Four of us?" Sumire widened her eyes, "But...I tried to destroy the village...and AR System, that cost a lot...I caused a huge financial loss too!"

Kakashi patted her head, catching Sumire by surprise, seeing the sadness in his eyes, "We all have been there. Deaths of our loved ones, the desire for revenge, or carrying the feelings of the dead. No one wants to lose them because letting them go feels like letting go of the one we loved. I don't blame you...No one does. Luckily, you didn't cause much damage, so we can figure this out...right, Seventh?"

"Right," Naruto grinned, "We just have to find a way to get rid of that seal and turn Nue into your summon. That way, you can go back to being the Ninja right away."

Sumire's shoulders trembled, her eyes filled with tears, sobbing, "Sorry...sorry...thank...you...thank you soo much...everyone..."

1