Chapter 91 – Discussion
373 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Naruto! Is it true that? Guren got attacked by a Hollow?" Sakura rushed into Hokage's Room.

"Oh," Sakura came to a stop, "Tsunade Sensei, Kakashi Sensei? Shikamaru...why is everyone here?"

"The same reason as to why you came rushing in, the fact that a Hollow came after Guren," Tsunade softly spoke. 

"I am happy...but it isn't this big a deal that everyone is here?" Sakura blinked.

"On the contrary," Kakashi narrowed his eyes, "Hollows are a new type of enemy that we haven't dealt with ever before. Not only that, they can go in between dimensions without any trouble as if it's second nature, and seeing them is a problem too for most. Only the Hyuga's and the Uchiha's, the ones with Sage Mode. Even the ones with Extra Sensory Abilities could only know where they are, not how big they are, their abilities or attacks."

"For now, we have this," Naruto pointed at the Pink Glasses, "We will slowly find ways to counter them. But this now, Hollows have only appeared away from the Villages. This was the first one that made it this far, and I can't help but wonder why..."

"If I have to make a guess, then I think it's the tailed beasts. Hollows are used to avoid the territory of stronger Hollows. Maybe...they are avoiding the territories where a tailed beast resides," Tsunade guessed.

"If we go by that theory, then I guess we can figure it out by making a sighting chart to the places you have been, Lady Tsunade."

"Sure, sure," Tsunade crossed her legs, leaning back.

"Now, the main point is the eyes that Boruto and Guren hold," Kakashi leaned forward, "Boruto's eye. It can see through things like Byakugan, but rather than walls or stones, it sees through the walls of a dimension. According to Guren, it can also see dark chakra or negative emotions like Kurama's. It's a strong eye if these are just its initial abilities. We can also assume that it possesses a wide variety of capabilities like a Rinnegan, but more on the side of Yang Chakra."

Naruto hesitated, frowning, "It reminded me of the Tenseigan a bit...that time Hinata got chakra with Lord Hamura...and I had..."

Kakashi leaned back, "If only Boruto had more of a drive as a Ninja..."

Sakura blinked, getting confused over this talk, "So...Guren awakened some kind of eye?"

"No, technically, Sumire just sedated him, and his eyes lit up with violet light...erasing the effects. But it was enough to attract a Hollow of that class," Kakashi frowned, "The real question is...Lady Tsunade. Was it a coincidence that you brought two girls, Yuzu and Karin, who could fight and see these Hollows? Or did you already know about Guren?"

"Oh, I didn't think of it like that," Shikamaru looked towards Tsunade, whose eyes met with Sakura, earnestly saying, "Trust me. I had no idea, and neither did Jay. Did you say his eye reacted to sedation? It might be the first time it activated."

"So one of those freaky coincidences that feel like Fate," Naruto looked at the glasses, "It shouldn't be a Rinnegan or Sasuke would have attracted them too...and neither a Sharingan. What kind of eye did he awaken?"

"If I had to guess. It might be something new like Boruto's," Tsunade leaned back, "At least with Guren, I am more at peace."

"Right," Naruto let out a hollow smile, sighing, looking down, "Sorry about Boruto..."

"I was thinking about putting Boruto and Guren in a team, and the two would push each other since they get on each other's nerves. But it seems putting Guren on a team with Yuzu and Karin would be safer. As for their Team Leader...we might have to vet one carefully."

"Someone that can safely deal with Hollows while he awakens his eyes...the only one we have is...you. Kakashi Sensei..."

"Huh...No, no way," Kakashi rejected, pointing towards the Glasses, "Some with the sensing ability and those glasses should do just fine, right?"

"How about Hinata?" Sakura sugged, "She might act like Housewife...but we all know that she can rival bother Naruto and Sasuke. There could be no one safer to guard Guren because she can deal with anyone that comes from the other side."

"That's true...but Hinata...I am already busy, and I don't want to take her away from Himawari and Boruto too?"

"Well, the New Administration is already in motion, and the other Hokage's are saying here in hiding, helping you with the work. You should start going home more, Naruto," Shikamaru smiled, "I'll get to go home more too."

"Well, I guess it can't be helped. I'll ask Hinata for it," Naruto smiled, "But there is still time before the graduation."

Tsunade curled her lips, "But Guren is a bit of a prodigy, right? I bet he never even bothered practicing. Maybe you should sic Hinata on him right now, so he starts practicing."

"Hehe," Naruto chuckled, "I don't know, but I do know Guren will hate me for that forever."

"It's better this way, controlling a power like that rather than letting it control you...for bother Boruto and Guren. It's dangerous, and they need some strict training."

"Hinata is fine for Guren...but Boruto...how are you supposed to handle him?" Sakura asked, looking down, "From what I have seen...he's just like you, Naruto. And in this case...it might work against him."

Shikamaru laughed a light, "How about...you leave that to me? I think I have an idea in the case of Boruto. I might need Guren's help for it, but it should work."

"Then I leave it up to you, Shikamaru."

Uchiha House, Backyard,

Guren stood in front of the backyard, blankly looking at the grass until someone noticed and came out.

"Guren?"

Sarada called out, attracting Boruto's attention, sitting on the sofa, snacking.

He walked out, peeking to see what was going on, hearing Guren's reply, "Hm?'

"I know that you are upset about Sumire, but she will be fine. Right Boruto?"

"Of course, even Old Man Kakashi promised it," Boruto nodded, comforting him.

Shikamaru, who had appeared on top of the house, rubbed the back of his head, appearing beside Guren, "Right. Sumire will be fine...?"

"Oh, Uncle Shikamaru," Guren looked up, "What are you guys talking about? I am not worried about Sumire...I just..."

"What is it...Guren?" Sarada worriedly asked.

"It's just..." Guren pointed at the ground in front of him, "I never had to train before, so I don't know where to start."

Sarada felt an arrow go through her heart, "Kuh!"

Boruto's snacks fell from his hand, "Huh...you never trained?"

"No, never saw the point," Guren tilted his head, "I can already do everything that Sarada can."

Another arrow pierced Sarada's heart, "Youuuu!! Damn bully!"  Sarada punched him, but he effortlessly caught the punch.

Still, the sheer force behind the punch broke the ground below their feet, cracking it, "Come on. I didn't even do anything."

Shikamaru covered his face, sighing, "Good thing that I didn't take your responsibility."

"Huh?"

1