Chapter 109 – End of First Exam
305 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Naruto stood on top of the cliff with the other Kage's. He watching the start of the second part of the first round. He waited for hours to hear the news, but when he didn't, he came to check to see if something had gone wrong. He scratched his head, letting out a hollow laugh, apologizing to others, "I am so sorry about this."

"Why are you apologizing? Are you trying to rub salt in our wounds?" Tsuchikage shot a sharp look at him, pouting.

"No! No! I apologize for wasting three hours of your time! I know it wasn't on your schedule."

"No need to apologize," Darui smiled, tilting his head, "It's actually refreshing to see. With all this new technology and change in culture. It's good to see that the Shinobi aren't extinct, that even the new generation have some."

"That's true," Mizukage smiled, "You know what would happen if the other Genin and even Chunin who are satisfied by their current state see someone like that? Someone so dazzling, beautiful...and overwhelming to the point where you couldn't help but admire them?"

Naruto suddenly felt all eyes on him as he scratched his cheek until Garra spoke, "This one is different...if you were like a guiding like then, he's like an unscalable mountain. The steep would either crush them or push them to be better."

Garra's eyes landed on Shiki's face, smiling, "I know in one case where it's pushing."

Naruto sighed, "Let's just hope he doesn't make others give up being a Ninja..."

"If they give up, then there is no need to be one...isn't that the point of this exam?"

Venue B,

"Each Team of Three will stand on the side which they believe holds the correct answer. Answer wrong, and pay the price. Namely, those who turn black will fail."

"Hm," Guren blinked, "Turn black..."

His first instinct was to look up to find some ink there before he looked towards the white circle in front of the banner, "Hmm, Yuzu...Karin..."

"The Question is - In Volume Five of the Shinobi..."

"Hm," Guren smiled and started walking towards the False Sign before Sai even finished asking the question they got to read. Seeing this, many of the Genins began following him, believing that he had the correct answer without paying attention to anyone else.

By the time Sai finished asking the question, there was a drop of sweat sliding down his cheek, seeing the side of false filled with all the Genins. Two teams were hell-bent on not following after him. Namely, Team 7 of Konohagakure and Team Shinki of Sungakure were on the True side.

Sai raised his hand, "The correct answer is!"

The screen showed true and false interchanging before both appeared on the screen and the white sheet under them broke, causing the vast group to fall downwards.

"It happened!" Yuzu and Karin were just as surprised as the others, but they stepped on the air using spiritual energy to jump out of the hole. It was Guren who had jumped a second upwards before it broke to make sure he was on higher grounds than the others.

He weaved a hand sign, noting the Ink Pool at the bottom with his Sharingan, smiling with his body parallel to it, "Wind Style: Big Breakthrough!"

He used the force of the Wind Style to push him out but at the same time hasten the descent of all the other teams.

Guren pivoted in the air, landing beside Yuzu and Karin, "I hope that cuts the number short to two or three."

Karin gasped in amazement, clapping her hands as he peeked down the hole, "There really is no limit to your shamelessness."

Guren grinned, "What can I say...I can't be more proud of myself."

Yuzu put her hands together under her chin, "I am proud of you too."

Guren grinned, ignoring the annoyed face of Shikamaru, who couldn't believe that Guren would do this when they heard the summoning sound. Large Nue appeared, blocking the force of the attack.

"Saved," Shikamaru sighed in relief, "Good job, Sumire."

Guren squatted at the end, peeking inside, waving his hands towards Sumire and her team, who were sitting on Nue's back, "Bad Sumire."

Karin peeked in, "You haven't seen her in a while, did your interest wane now that she isn't a weapon anymore?"

"I saw her, once after that. I told her that I wanted her to make friends, be with her team, and truly be a part of the village this time. And that I'll wait for her...till she is ready to see me again."

Yuzu patted his head, squatting beside him, smiling, "That's so sweet of you."

"Of course, I am the sweetest person there is."

Shikamaru gently smiled, hearing their talk when he froze, hearing those words and shaking his head.

He nodded, agreeing with Karin as she said, "That's going too far."

Guren chuckled, standing up, "Let's go home, shall we? I have a lot of Jutsu's to practice before the next round."

"Sure, teach me some?"

"I'll try. let's see you chakra nature first.."

Night,

Guren was sitting on the roof, staring towards the moon, the tomoe in his eyes turning as he remembered all the Ninjutus's that he recorded before. He turned his eyes towards the burning black flames, analyzing them, when he heard Sasuke's voice, "You are still on that? You should focus more on the Ninjutsu's that you saw."

Guren stopped for a moment, sighing, "That's fine and all, but you don't understand it...Dad. These are flames from your Magekyo Sharingan...I am curious what changes will there be when I master them, and how will my Bloodline Limit will change in response to that."

"I understand that," Sasuke sat down beside him, looking at the night sky, "I can guess what you are trying to do, but I am sure that you already know. This will take time. The chakra you have is burning rapidly, and you only get about ten minutes. Then you restore and then try again. Your chakra or the eye powers aren't enough to analyze it, so it will take years if you do it now. First, develop your Sharingan to Three Tomoe, and then you might be able to analyze it and reach a higher level."

"I guess you are smart...but you are also wrong," Guren looked up, smiling.

"How so?"

"When I started this, then I was only able to analyze it for ten minutes...now it's as high as to an hour and twenty minutes. It took me nearly a day to restore when I started it, but now? It takes only a few hours. The more I do this, the lesser time it will take me to restore, and the more chakra I will have. So when you say it will take me years...let's cut that down by...a lot."

2