Chapter 110 – Hogyoku’s Betrayal?
310 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Exam, Stadium, Leaf's Waiting Room,

"Finally," Guren stretched his body in the locker room, making all the boys look away, "I was so sad that we got the by in the Second Exam."

"Be careful," Sarada stood in front of him, "That guy is weird, so don't play around, ok?"

Guren patted her head, smiling, "Don't worry. I'll win."

Sarada pressed her lips with a worried expression, nodding, "Ok."

Stadium, Arena,

As Guren stepped into the Arena, the whole Stadium started reverberating from the cheering. He brightly grinned, waving his hand towards the audience, making them cheer even louder.

He put his other hand inside the skort, standing in front of Araya, the boy wearing the mask from the Sand Village, "Please go easy on me."

"Guren Uchiha, I am no fool. Your tricks won't work on me! I will fight you with everything I have!"

"I see," Guren raised his bowing body, looking towards Lee, who nodded, swiping his hand down, "Start!"

Guren jumped backward, rotating backward in the air, making hand signs with one hand as a sharp noise filled the Stadium. It was the cry of the thousand birds, followed by the bright light in Guren's body hands as he pointed them to the front, "Chidori: Sharp Spears."

He shot two Chidori Spears that penetrated Araya's thighs, pinning him to where he stood. Still, the scream that Guren was expecting didn't come. He narrowed his eyes, and a tomoe appeared, letting him watch the things in slow motions, 'Strings...well then..."

He forced his body to spin in the air, forming a disk with the two Chidori spheres, cutting Araya from the center.

The audience's gasped as it fell apart, revealing the puppet parts inside.

Guren landed on the ground, letting out a breath of relief, "So I was right. I wasn't sure if it was human or not. Thankfully it wasn't just someone with prosthetics."

"Eepp!" Guren's loud mutter caused someone to let out a short shriek. Still, it was enough to make Guren throw the Shuriken in one direction, "Multi Shuriken Jutsu!"

The single Shuriken turned into nearly fifty, covering the escape route of the one controlling the puppet. But just as the shurikens were about to land and kill Araya, they turned, revealing the strings attached to them, wrapping themselves around Araya, lodging themselves on the roof, trapping him.

"It's over," Guren raised his palm, causing the crowd to burst into the cheeks again.

"It's over! Guren from Team 11 moves to the Second Round!"

Second Round,

"Sorry, Mitsuki," Guren smiled at Mitsuki trapped by the two hands made from Earth Style, smiling, "If you could fight with all you got, then things might have actually been fun."

Mitsuki smiled, not minding, "Maybe next time. I want to fight with you, but I don't want to stop living here. Or cause trouble for my parent."

"I understand. Still, this is the only time winning leaves a bad taste in my mouth," Guren scratched his pink hair, "Geez, now I feel worse." 

Mitsuki lightly smiled, "All the best in the Third Round."

Third Round,

Guren formed a triangle, with the other two participants of the Third Round, looking at Shinki, "I thought that you might defeat Yuzu..."

Shinki touched his cheek, tracing the scratch that Yuzu left behind, "She's not cut out to be a Ninja. If only she had gone for my neck with that quick step of hers. Then I would have been the one who lost."

"Ah, yes. My sweet little Yuzu is just here to learn self-defense. But still, I wanted this to be a final between Team 11. That's why I am surprised that you beat Karin," Guren shot a look towards Boruto, who was nervously standing there.

Boruto clenched his right Fist, feeling the Shinobi Gauntlet on his wrist. If it wasn't for this, he would have definitely lost against Karin.

Lee swiped his hand down, "The Final Round! Start!"

Shinki didn't waste time when he saw Guren running towards the side. He created Iron Fist, falling after Guren when he stopped behind Boruto, moving backward, making a hand sign while using Boruto for defense. 

Shinki fired the First, not minding Boruto, who was confused for a moment before firing a large water style Jutsu, "Water Style: Orga!!"

Even though the water barely affected Iron Fist, was traveling like a bullet, it bought Boruto enough time to dodge. The Fist crossed, smashing into Guren, who smiled, disappearing into smoke, revealing himself to be the Shadow Clone.

"Where," Both Boruto and Shinki were surprised. When Boruto widened his eyes, feeling a hand creep on his right hand, a whisper in his ear, "Boruto, that was stupid of you. If you only rely on these things...then what would you do if they break? Or worse, stolen by the enemy?"

Boruto widened his eyes. When the Shinobi Gauntlet that he had been relying on wasn't there in his hand anymore. He felt a leg kick his stomach, throwing him to the side, almost as if it was saving him from the Iron Spear that was meant to hit him.

Guren jumped sideways, putting the Gauntlet in his bag, focusing on Shinki, "You are strong. In fact, your bloodline limit, the Magnet Release, it's so amazing that even I want it."

Shinki stared at Guren, "You are strong too, the only one that could stand as my equal. But I will win, for my Adopted Father."

Guren looked up at the clear blue sky, "The sky is so clear today..."

A small chakra flame appeared on each finger of his right hand, slamming it down on the ground, "Uchiha Flame Formation!"

Shinki watched for any signs of Jutsu but found nothing. He decided to test it by attacking, who kept dodging and using Shuriken and Kuani's, covered in fire or lightning to attack him.

While the two of them fought, Boruto was standing at the corner of the battlefield, staring towards his right hand. His head was beating at a rate that he felt would break apart.

"I...don't deserve to be here..." He took a shuddering breath, hearing the cheers of his teammate's friends. His mind flashed back to how his father came to cheer him and praise him.

He turned his head up, staring at the blue sky, when his eyes widened, seeing a flaming barrier in the sky, collecting dark clouds around it. He clenched his fist, "I want to win! I want to win so badly!!!"

Abruptly, Guren came to a stop, his eyes widening, feeling his Sharingan turn on his own, "Fuck, you got to be kidding me!"

"I!! Will!!! WINNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" The sudden activation of the Sharingan was followed by Boruto's determined scream, and golden chains burst out from his back, rattling, moving towards Guren and Shinki, binding them both.

Guren looked jerked his head towards Boruto, who seemed out of breath; his right eye carried Jogan, while the left had a Byakugun, "Fuck you, Hogyoku! That's the biggest betrayal!"

But suddenly, Boruto, Shinki and Guren froze, hearing the voice coming from above them, "I found you, Fox."

2