Chapter 10 – Shisui’s Eyes and Hayami
2.4k 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jay was lazing around, sleeping in his shop, slacking off when suddenly a man fell beside him.

Ordinarily, Jay would ignore the man, even if he was dying, but this was from his seal.

He looked over - Shisui was on his knees, "Sir?"

"Oh, Danzo tried to take your eye?"

Shisui smiled bitterly, "Yeah."

"It's about time for you to die."

"Yeah, I wouldn't mind dying from my family and village."

Jay sighed, wishing he had a hat now - it would feel cooler - curling his lips, Jay got on his feet.

"Close your eyes."

Shisui followed the order, hearing the voice, "Shatter, Kyoka Suigetsu."

Jay and Shisui teleported to where Danzo was, but Danzo was taking Sharingan's eyes from one of his men. The man escaped, running away; Danzo's men chased after him.

Shisui stood there, looking at Danzo. Shisui's eyes were devoid of any emotion.

"At the end of this play...you'll be dead," Jay said to Shisui.

Minato appeared beside him, patting Shisui's shoulder, "Do not worry, your sacrifice won't be vain."

Shisui nodded, "I understand. I was hoping if you could help Itachi?"

Jay rubbed his chin, "Well, I can...you should have asked me before. It would be hard to catch him off guard. But I have a better idea...it might help."

Minato frowned, "Itachi's a kid; are you sure you want to thrust him with such responsibility and pain."

Shisui smiled, wearing a crow mask, "He can take it. He needs to guide the Uchiha to a better future. While I'll live the faceless life and protect this village from the shadows."

"Uhh, don't say that. Don't start acting like Danzo," Jay said, turning around and leaving.

Shisui stroked his head, embarrassed, "Sorry."

Minato patted Shisui's shoulder, "Time to go." The two of them disappeared.

Jay returned to his office,

Waiting for the time to come, there wasn't much to do in this world other than training. One thing that Jay didn't want to do. So, he fell asleep, bored. But it happened in the afternoon; a presence appeared in his shop. He opened his eyes, hearing the sound of raindrops falling outside.

Jay opened his eyes, looking at a dull Itachi, "You heard?"

"You said you'd protect him."

"He left a message for you."

Itachi clenched his fist, dripping with water, "What?"

Jay took out his sword, "You might want to see it."

"Shatter, Kyoka Suigestsu."

Suddenly, Itachi's eyes went blank. His eyes turned into Mangekyo Sharingan as blood tears fell from his eyes in the next moment.

"Shatter!" Jay spoke again, breaking Itachi out of the KS's effect.

He raised the sword towards Itachi, "To truly escape its effect, touch it."

Itachi silently walked over, touching the sword, "His eye...where is it?"

"Ask Minato; he took Shisui over to make him work as the Anbu. He can't appear in public." Jay said, yawning and lying back.

Itachi was stunned, wiping his tear, "What do you mean?"

"You are smart; think about it with a clear mind." Today was a bad day to make an effort, or maybe it was how far these ninjas would go that made him feel aversive.

Itachi stopped for a moment, "You used KS to make everyone think Shisui died?"

"Yeah."

"He's alive?"

"Yeah."

"Besides Fourth?"

"Yeah."

"Is that what he decided?"

"Maybe."

"I see - what do I have to do?"

"Watch the changes. Because Minato would never organize an attack on Uchiha."

"Thank you." He bowed, walking out of the shop.

Jay sighed, looking towards the rain, "Ninjas...they are too serious."

Suddenly, the right wall shined with seals, and Mikoto entered.

She turned towards him, "Tell me Shisui is ok?"

"Shisui is ok," Jay said.

"Really?" She held his hand, asking.

"Yeah, the kid is fine. I forgot to tell you?" Jay said, looking at her awkwardly.

Mikoto sighed, letting out a breath of relief, "Yeah."

Jay stood up, walking around the table, hugging her, "Hey, the kid's ok, Itachi's ok too."

Mikoto leaned on him, "The atmosphere's tense; I need to get back."

"Yeah." Jay kissed her cheek, "Go."

Mikoto knocked on the wall thrice, teleporting out of the room.

Jay walked around the room, sitting down on the chair, "Let's just go home."

He teleported from the room, appearing on his sofa, shouted, "Shizune! I am home!!"

Shizune came out in a few moments; a pink pig followed her, "Oh, a pet?" Jay said.

"Yeah, a merchant brought it over. Lady Tsunade loved it!" Shizune said with a doting smile.

Jay took Tonton in his arm, rubbing its head, "It seems, so do you."

Tonton snorted, lying comfortably on Jay's hands.

Shizune smiled, "I think it reminded her of you."

Jay's mouth twitched, shooting a sharp glance at Shizune, "You want to say something."

Shizune twitched, smiling; she sat by him, leaning on him, "Uncle, will you get involved?"

Jay put his hand around her, hugging her, "Yeah."

"Uncle, it's dangerous."

"I know..."

"I don't want you to."

"Sorry..."

"At least tell me why?" Shizune turned her face towards him.

"Tell me, why are you so worried about me?" Jay turned to her.

Shizune held his arm, "Because you are not a ninja! It's not your place to get involved!"

Jay patted her head, "They don't deserve extinction - there are better ways to solve his problem. It's one man's greed that is pushing them into Abyss. And the strange thing is this one man isn't even an Uchiha. He just hates them because of his weakness."

Shizune shook her head, "I don't know all that...all I know...I don't want to lose uncle."

Jay stroked her head, "Don't worry; I won't die."

"Mm...Promise?"

"Promise."

Training Ground,

Jay gazed at the sky, the peaceful sky of a peaceful village after the wars were over. Under Minato's care, the community was prospering. But every place had a shadow of its own; Konoha's were the elders.

The elders were the relics of the past living in their old glory, trying to control the village that they shouldn't.

And the man that was desperate to become Hokage.

There were times like now when Jay felt he could overlook that.

"S-Sensei!!"

Jay snapped out of the daze, looking towards tiny Hinata, standing beside him nervously.

Jay was leaning against the trees in the training field while Hinata was standing beside him.

"What?" Jay softly asked her.

Hinata gulped; looking up, she pointed towards the three tree stumps.

Jay looked over, seeing the two boys fighting.

"Sasuke!!!"

"Naruto!!!"

The two kids headbutted each other before squatting on the ground. Tears appeared in their eyes, but they stared at each other.

Jay sighed, looking at Hinata, "Why don't you go and stop them?"

Hinata blushed, shaking her head, "I-I can't..."

Jay patted her head, "Try, or I'd leave you to Mikumo."

Hinata jerked, fuelled resolve appeared in her eyes, "I'll stop them!"

She walked towards Sasuke and Naruto; they were already back to fighting.

Naruto was in the air, punching towards Sasuke, and Sasuke was attacking with a flying kick.

Hinata appeared in between them, "Sorry..." Muttering.

She spread her hands, widening her legs; her palms were face up towards Naruto's punch and Sasuke's kick.

The moment the duo was close to her, her body moved. It was fluid and beautiful; above all, effortless, her palm touched Sasuke's legs and Naruto's punch at the same time.

She rotated, redirecting both their attacks, throwing them both. Naruto landed in the direction where Sasuke attacked from, while Sasuke landed where Naruto attacked from.

Jay curled his lips, "Naruto, Sasuke!" He shouted towards the two, making the shocked two look at him.

"If you land a hit on Hinata, I'll teach you a Jutsu!!"

"Eh...Ehhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Hinata shouted, pointing at herself.

Jay laughed, watching her, "Hinata, if you went easy!! I'll throw you to Mikumo!"

"Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" This time Hinata was even more shocked.

Jay laughed, watching the three looking at each other awkwardly; Naruto and Sasuke attacked Hinata before long.

The two refused to accept what had just happened.

Naruto shouted towards Hinata, "Sorry, Hinata!!!" He threw a punch towards her.

Hinata closed her eyes, her hands moved on her own, holding Naruto's hand, she turned her over, throwing him down on the floor.

Naruto landed on his back, staring at the sky, not understanding what had happened.

He could see Hinata's blushing face, "S-Sorry...Naruto..." She whispered.

Sasuke used this opportunity to attack from behind, but even without her Byakugan, Hinata moved, dodging the attack.

She grabbed Sasuke's hand, turning him over, throwing him over Naruto, "Sorry!!! Naruto!!" She blushed even more as Sasuke fell over Naruto, Sasuke's back hitting Naruto's stomach.

"Ugh...damn...to think Hinata's so strong..." Naruto said, staring towards his left, where Sasuke's face was.

Sasuke snorted, using his hand to raise his body, getting up with style, while Naruto could only slowly sit up.

The two attacked Hinata, but all their attacks were redirected, thrown around by a blushing, sorry Hinata.

Jay sat, leaning against the tree, looking at the sun on the rise, hearing the sounds of their fighting, "Worried about your daughter."

A man wearing a white robe walked out of the shadow from behind the tree - his white eyes looked towards Hinata with care, "Yeah...her personality is still soft."

"Why do you fight?" He asked, looking at the sky.

"For the village, my family, and my children," Hisashi said.

"She doesn't have a reason to fight; you can't rush that...when she finds a reason to fight...she'd be a fearsome force."

Hisashi let out a breath, "True...I guess as a father; I need to protect her till that time comes."

"I thought you'd be more headstrong." Jay glanced back at him in doubt.

Hisashi smiled, "Maybe...but there is the fourth Hokage...I have seen the power he has mastered. The village will be safe as long as he's there; there's no need to be hard on her."

Jay smiled, "That's true...Minato does give that feeling. It's absurd what a tailed beast in his hand could do."

Hisashi nodded, looking towards a Naruto, flying in the air, "It's only possible because Kyuubi was divided. No one ever mastered the power of complete Kyuubi, not even Lady Mito. So, in some way, Konoha has you to thank for its strength."

"Say, are you looking forward to Uchiha's incoming destruction?" Jay asked.

Hisashi narrowed his eyes, "The opposite; I hope you and Fourth could save it."

"Oh..."

Hisashi exhaled, "If Uchiha's gone, the next would be Hyuga."

Jay curled his lips, "Maybe that's a good thing."

Hisashi looked towards the white cloud and blue sky, "Maybe, but I doubt you or the fourth would like prosperity born from innocent blood."

Jay closed his eyes, "That's why I hate you, ninjas."

Hisashi smiled, bowing towards him and leaving, "You are too damn perceptive..." He muttered.

The small fight continued until the afternoon; Naruto and Sasuke were huffing like a tired dog while Hinata calmly wiped her sweat.

"Hinata..."

Jay opened his eyes when a kind and soft voice called out Hinata's name.

He looked over; a beautiful woman was standing beside him. Hinata widened her eyes, rushing in the woman's arms, "Mama!" She hugged the woman, smiling.

The woman smiled, stroking her head, "Did you have fun..."

Hinata blushed, nodding.

"Hayami, you are here too!" An energetic voice called out for the woman. Jay looked over; two familiar women walked over, "Kushina, Mikoto." Hayami greeted them.

Kushina waved at her, grinning while Mikoto bowed slightly; the two were carrying lunch bags in their hands like Hayami.

"Naruto, Sasuke," Kushina shouted, making Naruto and Sasuke look over.

The two kids smiled over their faces; they got up, trying to run over, but fell on their face.

Kushina chuckled, appreciating Hinata, "Hinata must be strong to tire them out like this."

Hinata blushed, hiding behind her mother, making Kushina smile even more.

Mikoto lay the picnic blanket in front of Jay, sitting down on his right. Hayami sat down before him, putting Hinata on her lap; Kushina picked up Naruto and Sasuke, bringing them over.

She sat down on the left, putting Naruto on her lap, while Sasuke sat beside his mother. Mikoto tried making him sit on her lap, but the kid kept blushing.

Kushina looked at the six lunch boxes at the center, "It seems all three of us made a mistake."

Hayami made an apologetic smile, "Sorry, I thought I'd bring something for Hinata's Sensei to eat."

Jay smiled at her, "Thank you."

Mikoto opened the lunch boxes, "So did I..."

Jay glanced at the three kids, "They worked out a lot; they could help me eat?"

Naruto made a fist, "Don't worry!! I'll eat the most!"

Sasuke snorted, "I can eat more!"

"I can!"

"I can!!!"

"I can!!!!"

"I can!!!!!!!"

Jay curled his lips, looking at a hungry Hinata, "Why don't we see which of you can eat the most? The one who eats the most can get a day off of training."

Hinata's ear twitched after hearing that; tomorrow, she'd have to train with Mikumo; if she won, there would be no training. A blessed smile appeared on her face.

She looked at the lunch box filled with food, then glanced at Naruto and Sasuke, clenching her tiny fist.

"Sorry!" She shouted, moving her chopsticks.

"Not fair!!"

Sasuke and Naruto held their chopsticks, jumping on food.

And so, after a while,

Hinata was smiling as her mother kindly wiped her mouth with a cloth. While Naruto and Sasuke were squatting on the ground, making circles in sands, "Lost again..."

"Lost to Hinata again..."

Kushina was doting on Hinata, patting her head, "Oh, Hinata won, good job!"

Mikoto smiled, pouring some tea for the four of them, "Sorry, it seems we have to make more food. You didn't get to eat anything."

Jay chuckled, "I think I am full after seeing them eat."

Hayami's eyes were on Jay, "You are kind with the children..."

Jay smiled, looking at them, "Well, I have always liked children."

Hayami smiled, patting her daughter's head, "Oh, so do I."

20