Chapter 144 – The Fragments
278 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Next chapter is up on my website. This is all for the free chapters, but there are more available on my coffee page. The link is in my synopsis. Access next weeks - six chapters worth - 6000 words worth content before everyone else!!]

Momoshiki in Boruto’s body appeared farther away in the underground room; his right hand was twisted in the wrong direction. He would have been half-dead if it wasn’t for his Byakugan and the brats Jogan. 

“If you don’t want to die fully, let me kill Boruto and revive him with your data.” 

Momoshiki moved his eyes away from his hand, glaring at the boy walking toward him. He instinctively took a step back, but when that realization went into his head, he became hysteric, “You are just a petty human!!! I am a God!!!!” 

He covered his left arm in chakra in anger, using his immense speed to appear in front of Jun, throwing a punch at his face. Still, the moment his punch was about to connect, everyone heard a sharp voice, and the left arm of Boruto’s body twisted back, his bones came out, blood spurted all over the ground, and his body shot back, plowing through the ground. 

“Hey! That’s my body!!!” Boruto, in his soul form, stood around others, shouting. 

Mitsuki, who could see and hear him after training in this world, took in the situation calmly, “Is that Momoshiki? He seems…so weak.” 

“Is it because Boruto hasn’t transformed fully?” Sarada guessed. 

“No. He’s not weak,” Sasuke frowned, “The Transformation… might affect the time he could stay in control, and even if he’s not at full strength…he’s still stronger than most. But that guy….” 

“Kisuke,” In between all this, Yoruichi somehow sneaked in, standing on Kisuke’s shoulder. 

“Right, I thought it might be possible, but that monster…that’s the worst possible outcome.” 

“Mr. Hat and Clogs, how did Jun become so strong?” Ichigo looked toward him, and it attracted all the eyes. 

Especially Sasuke, the difference was clear, it was the same as him fighting against Boruto or Sarada, but that one opponent was an Otsutsuki. 

“How…could you….” Momoshiki raised his body in the air, watching his hurt left hand.

“You said you are a God?” Jun floated above Momoshiki, looking down at him, “You might call yourself God, and for many humans, the things you can do might be Godly. But you are still bound by the laws of the World. I, who am, who controls the World itself, am simply above you in the hierarchy."

He calmly watched the Otsutsuki, "Now use your karma to heal yourself or stand no chance.” 

Momoshiki slowly stood up, and manic laughter left his lips, “Hahaha…Hahahahahahahahahahaha….Ahhahaahahahahahahaha!!!! To think this world would have someone so strong. Human!! You made me acknowledge your strength!! I, Momoshiki Otsutsuki, acknowledge that you are stronger than me!!! But so what?! Do you want to kill this brat? Go ahead!!” 

“Wait, don’t kill him!” Sasuke appeared near the two, with others following behind him. 

Jun glanced towards them without a single change in his emotions before he sighed, “You people hear me but do not listen. Everything in this world belongs to me and is mine to do with as I see fit.” 

He turned his deep red eyes towards Momoshiki, flicking his finger towards Boruto’s body, “I wasn’t asking you. It was an order.” 

“Huh?” Momoshiki felt a hole appear where this boy’s heart should be, and his karma activates independently. The necessary data to revive him was being rewritten into Boruto’s data, necessary to resuscitate him. 

“No! You will not take away my vessel!!” 

Jun didn’t even look at him, “God or not. You are powerless before me. Now to your Eternal Prison, Otsutsuki.”

“Huh?” Boruto felt his soul being pulled, and the next moment it was pushed inside his body, forcefully suppressing the Otsutsuki under it. He sat up in his resurrected body, gasping for breath, “I am…alive….” 

“Of course you are,” Jun landed on the ground, but he didn’t let go of his power. He watched as his hand started come to break apart into tiny particles. 

“Jun! What is going on?!” Ichigo hastily ran over, panicking, looking towards Kisuke, “Mr. Hat and Clogs!” 

“Ichigo-kun, you shouldn’t panic; doesn’t it remind you of something?” 

“Remind me?” Ichigo widened his eyes, remembering the time that Aizen broke apart into particles before evolving. 

“Jun?” 

“Ichigo,” Jun let out a breath, and finally, a refreshing smile appeared on his lips, “Ichigo, our birth…no, your birth was a miracle. I piggy bagged on that."

"There are many hidden races in this world from a time we have forgotten, but the five strongest races are Shinigami, Quincy, Hollow, Dragons, and Full bringers. Shinigami are the oldest race; Hollows were born by the world’s will and desire to evolve. Quincy was born through the powers of Soul King, Dragons are a mystery even to me, and humans were born through natural evolution.” 

“That’s not common knowledge; where did you hear that?” Kisuke observed Jun’s expression while Sasuke picked Boruto up, silently hearing and noting. 

“My father’s name is Isshin Shiba. As a member of One of the Five Ruling Clan, I do have the right to this knowledge.” 

“I see,” Kisuke nodded without asking anything else. 

Ichigo silently watched Jun without saying anything. 

“Fullbringers, they aren’t born with the ability because a hollow attacked them. Rather, the hollows attack them because the Soul King bestows them with power at birth,” Jun walked past him, having lost his right hand. He didn't want to say the full truth about the Fullbringers yet.

“Both of us have the power of four races, one miracle that wasn’t passed down to Karin and Yuzu. We are born with the potential to become as strong as the Strongest Being born in this world, be in the past or the future. That is what everyone thinks, but that is not true.” 

“Hm?” This time, even Kisuke was surprised, let alone the others. 

Ichigo turned around, “That’s not true?” 

“No, we are chaos incarnate. Our powers are chaotic, all over the place, much like mine was before I truly understood my ability’s potential. We are just a vessel, a stepping stone to the one who will truly become the strongest. A child, either yours or mine, that child will be worthy of the title of Soul King. The next in line. The order, born from chaos. And the Ruler born to Rule it. The True Soul King.” 

“Oh, that’s….” Kisuke narrowed his eyes, thinking about that possibility, “That just might be true.” 

He turned his eyes towards Ichigo to see his reaction, only a relieved smile. 

“I see; that’s a good thing. The world is a dangerous place…I wouldn’t have to worry about my child getting hurt.” 

“You have grown,” Jun didn’t look back at him but watched the artificial sky, “I thought you’d be embarrassed about having a child with Orihime.” 

Ichigo’s face turned red before he lashed out in embarrassment, “Who said it has to be with Orihime!” 

Jun smiled as his leg and other hand dissipated, “I refuse to be given the power, but not be the King. I refuse to just be a stepping stone of fate. That’s just plain humiliation for me…I refuse to be incomplete.” 

*Clank*Clank*Clank*Clank* 

Ichigo closed his eyes, hearing the sound of weapons that Jun kept in his possession fall as the last trace of his brother disappeared. He clenched his fist, “You are always too proud for your good.” 

Kisuke closed his eyes, “This…wasn’t supposed to happen…I am sorry…Kurosaki-kun…” 

Ichigo opened his eyes, “You don’t have to apologize…Mr. Hat and Clogs. It’s not like Jun is dead….” 

“Ichigo…” Yoruichi was fuming with anger at Jun and Kisuke, but there was a pity for Ichigo and sadness more than that. 

“I am sorry, this is all my fault!” Boruto bowed towards them, clenching his fists, “I am….” 

“Hey, why are you guys acting like Jun is dead?” Ichigo tilted his head in confusion, pointing at the weapons, “See those? Sokyoku would have restored to its normal size if it wasn’t under the effect of Jun’s power. All traces of Fullbring are erased once the Full bringer is dead, right? Then that’s the proof he’s not dead.” 

“Hey, Kisuke, is that true?” 

“Right, is that true?!” Boruto asked out in surprise. 

Kisuke scratched his cheek, answering Yoruichi’s question, “That is true…but I feel no trace of Jun’s Spiritual Energy, and even these weapons are left behind…I am confused too.” 

“It’s Jun we are talking about,” Ichigo walked over, picking up the weapons, “I am sure it’s all part of a much larger picture that we can’t see right now. In time, he’d reveal himself.” 

Hell, The Hole that was covered by the World of Living, 

A boy, a being with rust-colored hair, flowing to his waist, two strands framing his face, and deep red eyes, sat on a white cube that was floating in mid-air, looking at the numerous souls in bandages trying to escape the hell, only to be killed by the guards. But that wasn’t the end for them; they were revived by the hell to continue their torment, “The Seven Fragments. Each Possesses a Nature, Power, and Fate. The Second Fragment Represents War and The Fate of War. Evolution. The Fourth Fragment Represents Death and its Fate. Nothingness. The Fifth Fragment Represents Healer, and it achieved its Fate. To Heal, Return, Oneness. The Third Fragment Represents Famine and its Fate. World.” 

The boy raised his eyes to look at the sky, “The Sixth Fragment Represent Disaster, and its Fate. To Lead to Seventh. Silence. I thought that the Birth of Fragment would mean the Final Apocalypse. But to think it was already born long before everything. It became one with Hell. No wonder the Hell has been acting up. The Disaster is still breeding, but there is still time before The End.” 

Golden orbs of light appeared, collecting in one place, forming the shape of a humanoid. 

“The World Belongs To ME. Be It Hell Itself.” 

Rust-colored energy started covering the world, forcefully dissipating the shape of the humanoid, and covering the whole first floor, barricading the gate of hell. 

“If you want to go outside, you must face me first.” 

Soul Society, Muken, 

Aizen opened his eyes, smiling on his lips, “Ah, it’s that boy. Even you can’t stop the tide of Fate all by yourself. I wonder how long it will take that dam break…before or after?” 

Land of Valley, Nearby Forest, 

Guren sat under the tree, taking a breath, “Fuuuu…this will be a troublesome and long battle. Thankfully, I get to borrow energy from the world. Or I’d be wiped. Still, I’d miss spending time with Tatsuki and Orihime…and leaving Ichigo on his own? I don’t like that idea.” 

“Guren, are you going to talk to yourself, or do you plan to help us search?” 

“Help, I’ll help,” Guren got on his feet, patting the dust off his pants, “Although, wouldn’t it be easier if you searched with your ability to see Soul Ribbons?” 

“No. It might be efficient, but it’s better if they hone their abilities as the Ninja,” Mugino rejected that suggestion.

“It’s much harder this way,” Karin stood on the branch of the tree, gazing in the distance. She used her Shinigami powers to sneak a peek into their computers and data to discover that the search team came here somewhere. 

Yuzu sneakily glanced towards left and right, silently absorbing a bit of natural energy flow around her to enhance her senses. She possessed an excellent control over the Spiritual Energy that came with her Quincy Lineage, and The Quincys used Spiritual Energy in the Air, combined with their own, to form weapons. For her, it was easy to absorb chakra and natural energy from the air, balancing the three to form a Sage Mode. 

But this Sage Mode was different since, rather than any of the Sage Modes here, it was a quick way to achieve Letzt Stil, giving her an immense boost in power without the drawback of losing it. Although the power depends on the amount of Natural Energy she can absorb. 

Guren knocked her head when she absorbed enough, “No cheating.” 

“Owwwww~~!!!” Yuzu crouched down on the ground, covering her head with tears in her eyes, “Sorry!!” 

Guren patted her head, “But, good job. To think you mastered a power like that.” 

“Hehe,” Yuzu grinned, looking up, “Guren, are you proud of me?” 

“Very,” Guren smiled at her, making Yuzu blush before she jumped up, making two fists, “I’ll find him with my strength! Just watch me, Guren!” 

“I will,” Guren watched her back, turning his eyes opposite. Since his Golden Nebulous Sharingan has copied had other powers like Byakugan, he knew where the man was, but his condition made him stop and think about it a little. 

“That company, that’s a dangerous project they are working on. But the question is…why are they working on it.” 

“Aren’t you going to search?” Mugino looked around, asking Guren. 

“Oh, I already know where he is. I was giving them a chance to search, but…there were other visitors. I am afraid if we don’t find him first….”

“I didn’t know that Sharingan had powers like those.” 

Guren grinned, “Hehe, curious?” 

“No,” Mugino turned his head away, “Wait, is he in that direction?” 

“Yes, that’s where Mirai is,” Guren breathed out, “She’s fighting against that thing?”

“Fighting? Thing? Is she fighting against something?” Mugino didn’t wait for him to answer before running toward where he thought they were. 

“Ah, did I not tell him,” Guren tilted his head, chuckling, “Oh, well. Yuzu, Karin, it’s that way!” 

“Really? We weren’t even searching in the right direction!!”

“Aw! I wanted to find him!” 

Guren chuckled, controlling the boots he was wearing. He put an inscription on them, using them as tools to fly through the air, while the other two jumped over the branches to follow after him. 

When they left the forest, appearing near a cliff, their eyes fell on Mirai, having fallen on her knee in slight exhaustion, and Mugino fighting against a human to protect her. 

Although he was human, his skin was shriveled, rough, and hardened like wood, fighting mindlessly. 

“That’s…” 

“Mia’s Husband, Anato,” Karin frowned, “What happened to him.” 

“There is a foreign matter inside him that’s harming him,” Guren glanced over his shoulder at the people coming closer, turning his eyes towards Anato, “Karin, Yuzu, go help Mugino. I have the arrangement to make.” 

“Oh, ok,” Karin patted worried Yuzu’s back, propelling herself towards the battle, landing in front of Mirai, “Oye, are you ok?” 

Mirai nodded, “I am fine…most of the techniques I mastered recently are deadly, so I am having trouble stopping him without killing him.” 

“That’s good. Leave it to Yuzu.”

“Yes,” Yuzu flashed past Mugino, combining her chakra with the chakra in the air to make a whip that wrapped itself around Anato. It made him stop for a moment, but the chakra broke apart as if absorbed by him, and he broke free. Not only that, the process of monsterization went a step forward. 

“No, Yuzu,” Karin jumped in, holding a katana in one hand and kunai in the other, stopping the attack from the monster. Her feet dig in the earth below her, coming to a step. 

“It’s absorbing pure chakra,” Mugino punched the monster away, “We need to seal it. Do you two know the technique?” 

“Yes!” Karin, Mugino, and Yuzu formed a triangle, “String Light Formation!” 

Sealing Jutsu spread out from their legs, covering the land, forming around Anato, sealing him where he stood. 

“Oh, it seems we are late.” 

Mugino glanced to the side, seeing an older man with a stick in his hand and artificial legs in a cone shape. Beside him were three with scientific ninja tools in their hands. Still, that wasn’t his worry; it was the fact that the monster was about to break through the seal. 

*HYAAGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 

“It broke the seal!” 

*Crackle*

Yellow lighting flashed past their eyes, about to hit Anato, but three rectangular tools appeared, stopping them. 

“Can you not do that?” 

“Mm?” Victor, the old man leading the three, glanced toward a pretty young thing with pink hair and a slight smile on her pink lips, “Girl. You failed to stop him so let them do our job.” 

“Failed? It’s their fault for trying to stop a monster through sealing. It’s better to do this,” Guren raised his hand, creating a Rasengan, infusing it with fire nature, causing it to turn black, surrounded by a ring of fire, “Great Flame Rasengan.” 

“Guren?” Miria, Mugino, Yuzu, and Karin didn’t have the time to figure out Guren’s intentions, let alone Victor. They only saw him throw the Rasengan towards Anato, which burst apart, incinerating everything around Anato and Anato himself. When the burst of energy cleared, not even ashes of Anato were left, “Since he turned into a monster. It’s much better to destroy him.” 

“You…You!!!! What did you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Unexpected to most, the one who angered them most was Victor, shouting at Guren. 

“What? I got rid of a monster. Or did you need it for something?” Guren grinned brightly, “Now that the mission is over. We can report it and go home! Wow, so tired.” 

“You!!!!” Victor watched the place where Anato was frustrated, turning around, “Fine, I hope we don’t cross the path again.”

Guren walked over to others, tilting his head, “What? Aren’t you guys angry?” 

Mirai patted his head, “Of course not. Since you weren’t helping, you must have been planning something devious? So, where is Anato-san?” 

“Gee, you are no fun,” Guren sighed, “Let’s get out of here first, and Ms. Mia. We need to take her in, too, for her protection.”  

“We can’t just take someone from their village. Unless you can provide me with a good reason,” Mugino narrowed his eyes. 

“How about….this one….”

0