1.20 – Clearing and cleaning
440 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning started again with aching muscles. After fooling around a bit, we dressed up in our new outfits.

We helped each other with the corsets. It took some time to get them comfortable, but we never reached the level of comfort Miss Tessa attained.

Speaking of Miss Tessa, she arrived a short time after we were finished.

We had breakfast at the inn. We sat together with Miss Tessa while the men sat a bit apart. James went off first after we finished. The carriage was already waiting in front of the inn as we left.

Erlaucht entered the carriage.

While smiling at our questioning faces she herded us to the back of the carriage.

Miss Tessa pulled out simple padded seat at rear of the carriage, just at the edge.

“Sit down and do not to fall off!” She looked at Milly and Tilly pointing at the handles beside the seats.

The seat was barely wide enough for the two of them.

After that Miss Tessa went to the other side of the carriage to pulled out another seat. She sat down.

“Sit!” she patted her lap with an amused smile.

I blushed. I’m no dog, right? But since I am an obedient little slave I sat down on her lap. She put her left arm around my waist holding on a handle with her other hand.

“Ready!” She shouted.

A few moments later the carriage started to roll slowly through the well lit streets.

First I was a bit tense, but after a while I was comfortable enough.

My head was dangerously near the ample bosom of Miss Tessa though.

After a while we passed another massive gate. For about an hour we followed a well lit tunnel. James put up speed. We raced through the tunnel.

I heard some squeaks from the other side.

“Hold on, over there!” Miss Tessa shouted with an ear shattering volume.

“Yes. Miss Tessa” the others cried back.

It was rather loud outside. The hooves of the four horsed and the wheels of the carriage made a lot of noise resounding from all directions.

After passing another massive gate we finally saw daylight again.

It was still early in the morning. The sky was already blue but the sun was not up. With a much slower pace we drove along a winding mountain road following a steep chasm.

Later I could see a deep valley on our side, still covered in mist, surrounded by tall, partially snow covered mountains. They reminded me of the Alps.

In the meantime Miss Tessa had let go of the handle. We had significantly slowed down as the road got steeper winding down into the valley .

Then the sun rose over the mountain filling the valley below us in golden light. Followed up by another sun!

“There are two suns!” I exclaimed pointing at the sunrise.

“Sit still, Lilly!” Miss Tessa reprimanded me.

“They do that every morning, you know.” she chuckled.

With my mouth wide open I looked at Miss Tessa.

“Close your mouth dear.” She raised an eyebrow.

“And. Before you damage your eyes. Don’t! look! directly! in! the! suns!” She closed my mouth with her hand.

“Yes, Miss Tessa! I know. But how are there two suns?” I looked up at her.

“Well. A few thousands years ago a second one appeared. Our time scale of the years relates to that event.” She patted my head.

Oh. Astronomically seen this made no sense. Systems with multiple stars seldom had planets bearing life at all! And adding a sun at some time should cause major havoc.

Probably magic is the explanation.

After while the carriage started to annoy me while taking in the world around.

“Miss Tessa?” I looked up at her.

“Yes, Lilly?” She smiled.

“Can I go up to the roof?” I asked pointing at the ladder leading up.

“We will not stop until noon. You have to be careful climbing up!” She nodded.

I pouted.

Then I started to examine the back of the carriage. After some evaluation I was confident I could make it. I put a foot in a gap between two cases and got a hold on another with my hand above me. I should get a grip on the other side of the case when I stood.

I looked up at Miss Tessa pleadingly.

“Be careful, Lilly.” She Removed her arm around my waist.

Carefully I managed to climb along two other cases.

“Lilly!” Milly and Tilly cried.

“You will fall down!” Milly looked at me with wide eyes.

I ignored them until I stood secure on the ladder.

“I’ll be on the roof!” I cried back.

“Enjoying the view!” I climbed up the ladder.

Cautiously I pulled myself on the roof, which was covered in more tied down baggage.

Ahead I could see James sitting on his carriage box.

I found a nice place between the baggage after a while where I could look in all directions. I could sit down, stretching my legs. Leaning my back against the case behind me I laid my arm on another to my left.

Later I pulled my legs to my chest slinging my arm around them, enjoying the view letting the wind playing with my hair.

After the mists cleared I could see a larger settlement near the center of the valley.

After a while a while head topped with a headpiece popped up at the back of the carriage. It was Milly.

Smiling I waved at her. Tilly followed her a few moments later.

They took their time crossing the swaying roof. There were plenty of potholes in the road. Each time the carriage found one it tilted a bit in a random direction.

There wasn’t much suspension. The carriage had ordinary axles after all.

After a while Milly reached me and sat down by my side, pulling back her legs because of a case in front of her. She put an arm around my shoulders and pulled me in for a hug.

I blushed slightly but decided not to comment on it. After a few moments I put an arm around her waist to stabilize her a bit.

In the meantime Tilly arrived as well, clinging to the case in front of Milly. She climbed over the case and squatted down in front of me. Smiling she turned her back to me and sat down just before my feet, leaning to my shins. I pulled my feet a bit apart. She skittered back to sit more comfortably.

Silently we enjoyed the view of the majestic mountain range.

“Enjoying the view?” Milly smiled at me.

“I was on my way home after a few days hiking in the alps, back there.” I nodded. “Much has changed. We all try to cope, you know?” She nodded.

“Yes. I think it was hard for each of us. In one or the other way.“ I nodded back.

“Coping with this new body isn’t easy. Even if I enjoy it.” Tilly smiled shyly.

“Many things are different.” Even Tilly has issues?

“It’s hard for me, too. I know it sounds cheap, but I’m just not used anymore being a kid.” Milly rolled her eyes.

“That’s a point.” I nodded.

“Look. I can understand to an extend how you’re feeling, being trapped in a wrong body.” Tilly took my hand.

“It’s different!” I tilted my head.

“Yes, it is.” She looked me in the eyes.

“Maybe you should try to tell us more about what you’re feeling. I didn’t have someone to trust back there.” She smiled.

“You don’t have to deal with it all alone.” Milly laid her head on my shoulders.

Maybe they’re right. It was difficult, even to point out what was bothering me exactly. I felt just wrong. Well. I could accept that I am a girl now. It was simply a fact. Only morons ignore facts.

I had coped with many issues regarding my new self in the last week.

I decided to try to speak it out. Maybe it helped. I trusted them enough to not make fun of me.

Well Milly was making fun of me all the time, but not about that.

“I feel ... wrong. I know I’m girl now, and chances to revert that are next to impossible. I think I accepted that.” I looked at my feet.

They were silent for a while.

“We should focus on that wrongness.” Milly rubbed her cheek at my shoulder.

“I feel empty. No more than sitting in the drivers seat of a car, learning how to how to use it.” I looked at Tilly.

“I know that feeling.” Tilly nodded.

“Sometimes I think you’re scared of something, when we’re close.” Milly pointed out.

I blushed furiously thinking about last morning. I was terrified. Why?

I thought they would be mad at me if they woke up. Right?

I like them. A lot, but felt deeply insecure how they felt about me. Yes.

They’re nice an caring and all.

“You feel like playing a role of some kind.” Milly interjected my train of thought.

“I think that’s it.” I admitted.

“I do care about you. Both of you. Much. I would say I feel drawn to you, but I’m not sure because it maybe some fallout from that ritual.” I shook my head.

“And whats bothering me is what you are are feeling. Look I’m some kind of monster. It’s different to your case, Tilly, I think. You grew up with this somehow. I’m literally a normal guy, and an old one at, in a young girls skin. Like a wolf in a sheep’s clothing. I feel a like an abomination.” I hung my head.

“Look. When we met back there. I had the impression you were a decent guy. You helped me without asking. Treating me like a person, you know what I mean.” Milly hugged me close.

“I liked you even while you are a guy. I’m not into guys for you to know. You didn’t chose to change anyway. You even deliberately chose to spare me a similar fate. How can I despise you?” Milly looked at me.

I sat there trying to digest what she just said.

“I know, I somehow caused all this! I” Tilly whined after a while.

“Don’t feel guilty! It’s not your fault at all.” I looked at Tilly.

“You see?” Milly and Tilly asked me.

“What?” I was confused.

“This has nothing to do with my problems.” I furrowed my brows.

“It has. We like you because you’re a good friend. You’re nice and caring. And it has nothing to do with how you look like. It was not your fault this goddess fooled us.” Milly gave me a peck on the cheek.

“You were even the one who had a bad gut feeling.” Tilly tilted her head.

“I” I stopped.

They.

“Then you both really don’t mind getting close? I mean I thought you were just polite.” I gulped.

“We love you, too. Dummy!” Milly teased. Aahh!

“As she said!” Tilly smiled widely.

“I’m still not ready to go all in. But maybe snuggling is okay, I think.” I shook my head.

“Promised?” Milly looked at me solemny.

Tilly looked back over her shoulder questioningly.

“Promised. Give me some more time.” I sighed.

Milly scooted closer, her hip touching mine. Then slung her arms around my shoulder and leaned her head on my shoulder.

Tilly looked back a bit envious. Slowly I spread my legs a bit.

She scooted up to me leaning into my chest. I put an arm around her waist and pulled her in for a hug.

She laid her head on my other shoulder, closing her eyes.

After a while we started to chatter a bit, to keep up with our language training.

The suns rose further and around noon we stopped in the shadow of a few fir trees. We heard hands clapping.

Quickly We disentangled ourselves and went down, helping to prepare lunch.

After we had lunch and cleaned the table Miss Tessa mentioned to the side and sat down on a flat rock. She gestured beside her and as there was enough space we sat down, too.

“I will tell you more about the new outfits tonight.” She looked at us.

“Apart from that Happy Harvest, a big celebration is around the corner. We will stay in the city of Soltan for the festivities, thus we have some more time to train. We have to resupply as well. I’m going to give you the day off to celebrate. Most slaves usually work the day as usual. I thinking about to give you a bit of money for the day as well.” He smiled.

James was already waiting by the carriage box.

“Hurry, get on the carriage!” Miss Tessa got on her seat.

“On the roof!” I cried and started to run.

No point acting mature while being a kid.

Tilly had the presence of mind to bring a blanket.

The carriage slowly started to get back on the road.

I noticed James to throw a glance over his shoulder while we were building our little nest. I got my spot in the middle again.

Milly and Tilly insisted I needed the attention. The two exchanged places.

We could see goats occasionally later on, often accompanied by a human. Later cows showed up as well. Most time of the afternoon the road wound through a steep fir forest.

The ground of the valley was mostly flat, supposedly created by glaciers long ago. There were field with occasional buildings sprinkled in.

We chattered all the way sharpening our language skills. It got easier every day now. Tilly’s memory was a great help for the rest of us.

The suns had already vanished behind the towering range as we reached the city gates. The guard exchanged a few words with James and a few moment later we were in the city.

Lingering on top of the carriage we chattered about all we could see. The houses mostly had stone basements with a timber floor on top. Most garbles sported windows, too.

After a while the carriage stopped at the side of a wider street. We observed Miss Tessa talking to several passersby for a few minutes.

A few minutes later we stopped in front of a larger house which seemed to contain a kind of store.

We saw Miss Tessa entering the store. She came back about 20 minutes later carrying some papers. A minute later she went into the store with the papers again, just to return a few moments later.

She didn’t go to the back of the carriage though. Instead she climbed the carriage box an sat beside James.

Miss Tessa directed James through the city for a while.

We stopped in front of a slightly larger stone house with a walled yard in front of it.

Miss Tessa climbed off the carriage and opened the gate with a key. James piloted the carriage into the yard with no issue. Miss Tessa clapped her hands.

Erlaucht was talking with her as were back on the ground again.

After we stowed away the blanket he was already walking out of the gate.

As we approached Miss Tessa motioned us to follow her while she was walking toward the house. James was already busy caring for the horses. There seemed to be a small stable at one side of the yard.

Miss Tessa opened the door and we entered a slightly dusty room.

“Let’s make this presentable! Time to learn the ropes on cleaning!” She pulled four feather dusters from her apron’s pockets and each of us got one.

She started to open all windows. Then shooed us around dusting off everything there was.

I got several reprimands regarding the quality of my work again, while Milly and Tilly seemed to work to her satisfaction. After she found some buckets and two mops she sent me out hauling water from the well beside the stable.

Later she sent Milly and Tilly cleaning rooms of their own while keeping a close eye on me, pointing at dust expertly hiding in every corner and giving me pointers to use the cleaning tools correctly.

I cleaned the master bedroom with Miss Tessa and we cleaned the kitchen together.

As cleaning dishes was something I had some practice with she left that task to me, checking my progress once in a while.

Milly was busy in the living room while Tilly was sweeping the corridors. After few hours later we were done.

Stowing away the cleaning tools, she told us to keep the feather dusters just in case.

Then we started to prepare dinner. I actually had some experience in cooking, since I preferred to eat self made dishes.

James had bought some vegetables, a bit meat after he was done with the horses and the carriage. After setting the table we finally had dinner.

“Erlaucht will eat outside and will return late.” Miss Tessa informed us.

James left to have a beer or two in a nearby inn.

“Let’s talk about your new outfits now. After that I’ll send you to your room and you’re done for today. Good work!” She smiled.

We went to the living room and Miss Tessa sat down on a couch by the wall.

“Line up!” She commanded.

We quickly formed a line in front of her. We should define a formation I mused. It would be less confusion find a place in the line.

While Miss Tessa made herself comfortable on her couch, we eyed her expectantly.

“Now where I begin? What do you know about magic and the marks in general?” she looked at us.

We looked at ourselves and finally Milly piped up

“Next to nothing I think. We do know that we have mana, which is red. And these marks somehow are able to control our actions.” Milly looked at us. “The mana pool will be locked off until puberty and it is pure mana.” Tilly smiled.

“Well. I’m not a magician and do not have a mana pool of myself. I can only give you a short summary. I can tell you a few things about the marks.” She smiled.

“Your mana pool is there and can fuel passive magic effects. To cast a actual spell you need to channel mana, which you can’t at the moment.

The marks are tied to this ring. I can use it to command you but the ring won’t work all the day. It has mana crystal, which collects ambient mana over the time.

When this crystal is empty you can supply it with your own mana instead.

Another problem with this power is, the more often it is used the weaker it gets as the slaves start to develop a resistance over the time.

I can easily locate your positions. And even without this ring a powerful magician may be able to track you down with some effort. Distance is a factor.

These outfits are made for slaves and were enchanted to work with a ring to give some extra options. The outfit has some passive effects which are powered by your mana pool already. It has an active power, too. You are able to use it later.” Miss Tessa explained

“All understood?” She looked at us.

“Yes, Miss Tessa!” we replied in unison.

“Normally you actually have to supply some own mana to bind an outfit to your mark. We worked around that using a mana crystal.” She shrugged.

“The outfits are a to a degree cut and tear resistant and slowly will repair themselves over time. The corset protects even from stabs to a degree.”

“Their pockets won’t bulge if you put things in them. They always look and act as if empty. We should add more frequently used tools soon.”

“With enough mana available and enough familiarity with the outfit itself, it can be magically stored in or retrieved from the mark.”

“The wearer of the ring can adjust the appearance of the outfit on a whim!”

Miss Tessa concentrated a moment and I felt the dress vanishing up to my hip. I desperately tried to pull it down by the hemline, but to no avail. We all stood blushing in front of Miss Tessa.

She concentrated again and it grew back to its old size. She chuckled.

“Certain men like it short. I can change the color as well.” She chuckled.

“Finally I could put a kind of curse on you to provoke certain embarrassing clothing accidents for a while. I think I don’t need to show you.” She smiled wryly.

“Turn left!” She commanded.

After a few moments of confusion we had all turned left.

“Up to your you room and disperse!” She got to her feet.

“Keep the line formation up to your room. Good night!” She waved us off.

“Yes, Miss Tessa!”

Then we went up to our room.

Everything was prepared for night fortunately. We made ourselves ready for bed. After a few minutes we snuggled under the blanket. Snuggling was okay I was promised.

“Let’s talk later. I’m tired.” Milly yawned.

“Good night!” Tilly and I replied.

“Good night! she followed up.

A few minutes later I was gone.

17