Omake: Shu’s perspective
1.9k 9 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Shu. 

It's a name that mother gave me. My mother is a great woman. She fed me and even made me strong, I am her shield, nothing will hurt mother when I'm around.

At least, I wish. 

Mother gets hurt, a lot. I don't like to see mother get hurt so I make sure to get as strong as possible, so mother doesn’t get hurt anymore.

So I’ve become strong.

Sometimes I get sad, and that’s because I wasn’t strong enough to protect mother when she got hurt by the bad men in the village. Thinking about them fills me with rage.

Disgusting humans who hurt Mother deserve to die!

** ** **

Mother also has other spirits like me.

There’s Umi who she made accidentally. Me and her are comrades in arms. Of course, I am the oldest and most important since I’ve been with mother since the beginning. I am her senpai. I taught her about the glories of mother and how to treat mother. In a way, Umi is like my sister.

I am special, only I should be allowed to refer to mother by her name, but Umi keeps using mother's name haphazardly.

How disrespectful

I’ve seen everything Mother had to go through.

I should be the one to protect mother.

Mother even picked up a new spirit. Her name is Layla.

She is annoying and disrespectful too. Mother was asked to take care of her so I tolerate her presence.

She used to be much more annoying but now, she’s gotten much better. Her attitude towards us doesn’t change much though.

Although, I wish I could get closer to mother.

She spend a lot of time with Umi Layla and even the half wood elf name Amelie.

I wish mother would spoil me sometimes as well.

** ** **

Today mother asked me to take care of more spirits.

Normally, I would be jealous but since these spirits are new, so I must make sure to teach them about mother.

They are dirt spirits like me although, they don’t seem to have the ability to change their forms yet. Their mana is not nearly dense enough to do so.

Maintain a human form requires the spirit to use their mana to create a form. Spirits without adequate mana will fail.

I teach the spirits about how to talk to mother and her exploits. Of course, the things I tell them are embellishments, but mother is simply too amazing.

Her actions are humble but she is truly the best person in the world.

I chose this form because mother seems to like it. Whenever I change into something else, mother seems to be confused. My form is generally something I pick and choose myself but I tried something that seemed most pleasing to her eyes.

Mother seemed very please after seeing the spirits after I taught them.

“Good Job Shu!” she said

I lowered my head

“Thank you!” I am happy when Mother is happy.

I felt something on my head.

It was Mother’s soft hand

She was gently patting my head

“Good boy Shu!”

I feel very happy.

Thank you Mother.

 

Sometimes I feel like the spirits don't get enough screen time, so here's a small chapter of the inner workings of Shu's mind.

Hint: He's a Momcon!

69