Chapter 150: Registered!
1.3k 7 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Can I have your hand nyow?” The receptionist asked looking towards Kotori.

[Mhmm, can I use Gourmet?] Kotori thought.

The receptionist place the crystal in Kotori’s hand, she instantly scanned it with [Gourmet] The crystal had some sort of magic that assess the body condition. It could vaguely sense mana which allowed it to account for people who were physically weak but could strengthen themselves passively with mana.

In other words, it would sniff out Kotori’s true strength if she let it scan her.

While Kotori knew that her stats were already known to Ryla it would do no good making them public at the adventurers guild.

Kotori adjusted the mana in her body. Instead of letting the crystal assess her, she used [Gourmet] to send a signal to the crystal that her body was weaker than what it truly assessed.

If one were to put it as an analogy it would be like intercepting a radio message and sending a fake one.

Still, Kotori was surprised by the level of sophistication in the Eris. The air conditioning crystals in the city and the level of magic just seemed “higher” and it made Faramouth look like a backwater in comparison.

The receptionist took the crystal from Kotori’s hand. The crystal seemed to flare a bit, not printing out Kotori’s stats. The receptionist shook it a bit, and eventually, it began to beam Kotori's stats onto the paper. Kotori didn’t want to look too weak so she made her stats reasonable at a “D” level everywhere except agility where it was “B”

“That seems odd…” Amelie began to say before Kotori stepped on her foot shutting her up.

The receptionist did the same with Layla and Umi, and Kotori did the same thing with the crystal. She varied the stats slightly, but it was overall all around the same. The other adventurers had been paying attention to her stats, but once they realized that Kotori was fairly average they began to ignore her.

“The brat just wanted to play at being an adventurer…” One of them muttered under his breath. Kotori would be more offended if not for the fact that she intended for this to happen.

“Bet she just has the Queen's guard do all the work for her.” Another said looking at Amah who had been following them whole time.

Kotori ignored them. After processing their paperwork the reception went below the desk and grabbed a few metal plates.

The plates looked like dog tags of assorted metals types. They were imprinted with the adventurers guild seal and nothing else. Amelie was given a silver plate, and Kotori, Umi, and Layla got bronze ones.

“These are your ranking plates Nya” The receptionist started to explain.

“The jobs on the wall had difficulties based on the ranking plates, if your ranking is too low you need to find anyother adventurers who had a high enough rank to work with you to do it. Don’t lose your plate, the first one is free, but you will be forced to pay subsequent ones Nya”

Kotori nodded at the explanation, it seemed like a simple enough system.

“Won’t people lie to do higher-paying jobs?” Amelie asked the receptionist.

The plates were indeed pretty simple and it seemed like it would be a trivial manner to make a forgery. A person easily lie and take higher-paying jobs

The receptionist shrugged her shoulders.

“If you wannya die sure,” she said.

That was when Kotori realized the ranking system was not meant to gatekeep adventurers, rather it was meant to keep them safe. If an adventurer took a job that was too hard they could be injured or even killed. There was not much value in counterfeiting the plates,

“If you feel like your current ranking is too low you can always ask for a free evaluation, you don’t have to pay for a new plate if your rank raises.” The receptionist explained

Kotori nodded again, taking her plate(Dogtag) she left the desk along with her party.

She walked over to the board which was filled with requests. Unlike Faramouth the board was filled with requests befitting adventurers.

There was still the errand request for beginner adventurers but now there was monster subjugation request and material quests. Each request had an accompanying code which Kotori assumed was for bookkeeping purposes.

 

Sandworm subjugation

50 copper per carapace 

Requirement: Bronze rank

 

Minotaur horns

10 silver per horn

Requirement: Silver rank

 

Be my Girlfriend

No money reward, but I will treasure you.

Requirement: None, Honestly, you could just be a cute femboy too…

 

[Seriously!] Kotori thought. She almost ripped the last request off the board but she saw it had been on there for a long time and decided against it. The sorry soul who posted it would have to stay lonely.

“Umm, Kotori are we doing these” Layla asked Kotori

“Nah,” Kotori said.

To be honest, she wanted to do a quest just for the fun of it but decided against it. It was trivial and to be honest, she would be able to mow down most of the quests here anyway. Plus Kotori had a feeling that Fawks would kill her if she tried to play at being an adventurer here.

As a result, Kotori left the adventurers guild and returned to the palace without much issue.

 
34