Acting then Talking
432 8 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Being told what you are at your uttermost critical moment, is truly terrifying. Remembering how Frau Zuckermann, walked me through Ravens Protocols and his purpose in combat. 
- Got all that? If so, you are ready to fight. | Damn, this feels nice to have so much power.
- Raven, please sync him to your Combat Unit.

A loud Roar sparks up behind me, the Tank that I admire came to life. With a truly terrifying sound.
- From this Day on Dan Natsumi, you are a Mercenary. | Wow there! I am a what?!
- You serve no one Dan, except yourself. You are free to do what you want. The Gear you own now will prove to be way more than sufficient.

Her Words sparked something in me, a childhood dream of... Protection. Keeping the ones I love safe with everything I got.
- Raven will follow you around, anywhere he can without making noise. That is thanks to his very advanced movement. | So she tells me that a 60-ton behemoth can move unnoticed?

She hands me a Letter containing "Every bit of info I need".
- Thank you a lot Frau Zuckermann. How can I thank you?
- By achieving what you want Dan, that would make me happy. | She almost sounds like a Mother talking to her Child... Shake out of it Dan!
- Understood. I will do my best, please take care.
- Fufu, you don't have to worry about that. Please exit through that Gate. | Yup, she is definitively acting like a Mother.
One last wave I gave her and I was a new man. Almost felt like being reborn.

Sir, now that I've synched with your thoughts I can operate at 100%. | My previous AI couldn't do that! | Sir, I have been developed to help my Operator not only through Combat but also daily activities.
Alright, let's go get a Laptop now! | Sir, you do remember what Frau Zuckermann said, right? | Yeah yeah, if I get one I should keep it safe like my own child as my life depends on it. | Sir, I do feel as if you're taking this too lightly.

Oh shit! It's already 20 PM, fuck fuck fuck! | Jump on Sir! | You can't drive in the City!

That was the first time I jumped on a Tank after that incident. Seeming impossible that the Roads could sustain his weight for too long, I was quickly proven otherwise.
How can you drive like this? | My Chasis was specially engineered, only one of these Exist in the World. | Oh shit, got me a Jackpot here.
Sir, please don't call me a "Jackpot". I am a machine to kill, not merely a lottery win.

Ha, I still remember when I arrived home, getting bombarded by stress.

- Damn it, Dan! Where were you until now?! | What the fuck is her problem? She doesn't even care about me.
- Dan, what happened I wrote over 10 messages to you! | This old bastard is still thinking he can turn my opinion of him, utter trash.
- Chill the heck out! I was just taking a stroll! 
- Fine, so may it be. Now go call your Sister and let's eat dinner. | Damn, that is a quick change of her mood.

That was unexpected Sir, never would I have thought that you would be greeted like that. | She isn't my real mother, so don't worry.
May I ask where your real Mother is? | She sits safely in Japan, with her business booming hopefully. | That is a good way of thinking.

Uh, how do I enter her room? | By opening the Door Sir.| That was not... what I meant Raven. | I apologize Sir. | Don't we still have a lot to learn, from each other? | Certainly, Sir, well said. 
Alright, let's knock on her door and see how things go.
- Hey Kate, I am back. | Woah! That is... quite the affectionate hug...
- Big brother where were you?! | Oi, don't tell me she's crying again. | She is Sir.
- H-Hey, were you scared? -- I was! I thought you left us alone.
Those rotten pieces of meat! | Control your Anger, Sir! | HOW CAN I CONTROL IT WHEN THEY PUT HER IN THIS STATE?! | Control it not for yourself, but for her sake! | Ugh, to hell with it.

- Hey, Kate let's sit at the desk for a bit. Did you do your Homework?
- I did.
- Can I see it? | Oh, that was a fast reaction.

Turning page after page, the school she goes to seems to be a good one. All the grammar is right and stuff that is written actually helps throughout life. Fantastic turn for the Schools, even if it is just Germany.
- Did you write this alone? 
- Yes, I wanted to do it together with you.
- I-I am sorry Kate, the next we'll do together, alright? 
- Pr-Promise? 
- Promise. | I can't stand looking at her teary face, I have to hug her.

Kate, Dan! Dinner!

At least that old hag is making herself useful.
- Let's go eat Kate.
- Big Bro, can you come by later before I go to sleep? | That's an unusual request, considering her Age.
- Sure, now let's go! | My stomach is empty.

Sir, please be aware that you might feel weird after eating. | Why so? | I will explain it after you've eaten, until then please enjoy.

- What took you two so long, dinner is almost cold come on?! | Ugh, she still acts like my Mother, disgusting.
Guess I'll play along, as her Son. Even that thought made me sick to my stomach.

Oh, she even prepared cooked Rice. Hold up, is it poisoned? | Negative Sir, Rice is safe to consume. | That wasn't necessary but alright.
- Dan, how is your Mother? | I can't even eat in this House! 
- Why do you care? Want to see her success?
- No Dan, I want to apologize. | Yeah right, over my dead body.
Ugh, his new Wife, even comforts him while he's talking to me. What a fucking show... great place for it would be their fucking bedroom.
- Listen, don't bring up the time you just up and left. You got a family to take care of.
- Haha, that is my Son! -- Who the fuck told you that I was part of it? 

An expression of fear and complete disaster washes over him. Serves him right! Fucking trashcan though he can make a Child and then leave? You've brought problems on my Mother, as everything in life has a bill. This one has an eternal Tax of suffering and despair!

Sir, you're anger is reaching Critical levels, please calm down. | Huh, guess I'll do that. Not for me... but for Kate.
- Kate dear, how is school? How are the Teachers? | Oh, so she does think like a Mother.
- It's great, I even found some friends! | Somehow her smile calms me down.
- That's great Kate! And are classes? | This Guy is really acting like her Father, what a loser.
- Classes are confusing sometimes, the Teacher in Physics is a little weird and he keeps talking about a War.

I drop my sticks at the sound of her words. Raven, find me that teacher. | Right away Sir.
Hope I can find more info about him. | Found him, Sir, he has a few complaints about attempted Rape and attempted Blackmail of female Students. |  Ah fucking great, I was itching to see blood. | Sir, please think of better ways to approach this.
- Kate, do you know about your Teachers... Police History? | These two wanna-be Parents stare at me like I am insane.
- No... he just transferred to my school recently. | That's all I needed, Raven find him. | Certainly, Sir, it will take a while.
- Dan what do you mean by "Police History"? | Is this Guy stupid?
- If you want to know it really, I will not spill the Beans. We can talk later.

- Dan Natsumi I demand you tell me what kind of Teacher is in my Daughters class!
- Easy there, I didn't want to ruin the evening for her. You might've just done that. Well made rice by the way.
- Where do you think you're going?! | Can she shut up?!

Flaming with anger, on the verge of breaking out. I grab her hand and tighten my grip.
- That hurts let me go! 
- Listen carefully, to what I tell you. If you don't do anything against that guy, I'll do. Once I do, there'll be nothing left of him.
Ah, she finally realizes that I am not a useless hump of meat living in her Household.

- I'll come by after I've taken a shower, so don't make it worse by stressing Kate understood?
- How dare you to say that to her own-- Not talking to you, talking to him. Watch it jackass, I'll be listening.

Impressively managed Sir, though a bit rough and cruel at times. | Thanks, those people don't understand what it means to keep someone safe. Neither do I really, but I act before I speak, that is the only way to keep someone safe.

15