Pixie~10: Wakey-Wakey
36 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pixie~10: Wakey-Wakey

Start


Next thing I know, I found myself in the dark woods covered with a jacket as my upper body was naked. I quickly checked for the wounds I had received from the fight, checking over my back and front chest. The supposed hole was healed back in perfectly no scars whatsoever.

The bindings in my face were loose, so I tightened them back in place to hide my scars.

(Yo, how are you Schalia, all good now?) I guess so. This guy is the person who brought me back into the real world and… I can’t remember.
Wait, what happened to Ken!? I quickly remember as I reminisce about my hazy memories.

(Don’t worry, he lived. I stopped that demon’s power in time), then doesn’t that paramount to almost nothing!? I shouted in my mind. While it is true that he saved him, as he says, the whole point was to rescue him from the hands of that evil guy.

(About that I only had a limited time to control your body, so after doing my job, your body passed out from exhaustion and strain from performing an extraordinary task that your fragile body could not handle in such long periods of time.) He explained so, showing a glimpse of his mind into my consciousness.

Then we’ll need to save Ken first before I do your thing. I replied, as per his wishes and a debt.  I just can’t go find this guy a body and let Ken wait. This might take months or even years to finish.

And expecting the suffering he might go through from the hands of that man, I'm even more worried.

(Oh, well, nothing we could do for now. All you could do in favor is hone your current skills for me and I'll lend you my strength) Yeah, I could not agree more than that. For now, I am weak; I know that and all the people I have met are evil. Kill or be killed. If that’s how this world works, then I’ll gladly participate in this masquerade

 

Rising from my spot, I wore the jacket that had covered me and started walking barefoot into the dark forest. Foliage littered around and wet from the thick smog that had covered the entire area made the ground slippery.

(So what are you going to do now?) He asked as I made my way around the thick roots that covered the ground below me.  First, we need to find a city. Then find a shelter and work some jobs to earn money to just live.

(Isn’t that kind of boring? Here, I’ll teach some things about Alchemy and how to use it, and also how to employ that mark.). What mark? I asked as I looked around my body for the said mark.

(The one in your arm?) I looked at my arms—my left arm had recovered and healed back to full health, I just noticed. Then I looked at my right hand, there is a mark on the backside of my palms.

It was a four-sided slanted diamond star mark with some patterns below the right downside of the mark.
(The devil herself has left this mark after the deal, and since I broke the deal with her, you could use it as you like all free, without restrictions.) So isn’t this overpowering now?

(Nope. It has limits—for example, I have disabled some of the abilities it can perform that involve the caster to pay a price. For example, blood, Flesh, and other sacrifices to increase and or to use the whole of its effect). Then wouldn’t that still make me powerful now? Can I now go and take Ken back?

(Whoa. Calm down, little missy, you're getting a little ahead of yourself. so you see. Try to use it for now so you can understand) I see. Then what do I do? I asked, turning my wrist sideways to sideways, trying to think of a solution

(It’s just like Alchemy: you have already learned the basics, right? Do it while excreting magic power from your arms) Just like making medicine, huh? Slowly, I concentrated my mind just like I always do.

Minutes passed and no results came out. Exhausted, I slumped down on a tree and rested for a bit while I talked to this guy in my head.
(Huh, maybe it is involuntary or something like that. I need to study it more, Schalia go practice more.). Aren’t you just making me work to death? 

(Umm well, for research! As a man with a heart for studying, I must adhere to my rules and study the unknown.). So that’s why in your memories, you haven’t got anyone to love you, huh? You weird single old man.

(Guh.). Checkmate: I got you good. While I was resting, I heard the hooves clamping down on the ground at a real face pace. In the farthest part of my vision, I saw a red silhouette running on foot at a really fast speed across the maze-like trees that covered this part of the forest.

She had marched her way, undisturbed by the curves and turns, as if she had known the path very well. She ran between the gaps of the trees and escaped the man who had followed suit after her in a horse.

Then she stopped near side a cliff—she had taken a wrong turn and somehow ended up near a cliff. The man got down with a saber on his hand and a really hungry expression.

Seeing that the red-haired girl was in a corner, I made my way across the roots on foot. Unexpectedly, my physical condition improved and my Agility has surpassed what I could do before. I can run really fast now, unlike last time when I always used to trip when I did so.

(What are you going to do?) The guy in my head asked. Anyway, what is your name? I can’t just go by calling you this guy or you all the time. I mean, if I could, I’ll just call you a pervert, if, by all means.

(Sigh, call me Siegfried.) Okay, I’ll call you that way. Nice to meet you again, Siegge.
(Likewise)

End



Will it end?
Will it continue?
Was it just coincidental?

Follow me on Twitter, where I post my half-assed Art-works of Lin and Schalia:

 

2