[7]
2.8k 10 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alfred could only clench his fists as he lowered his head as the guild vice master berated him.

Rick glared at the man angrily, however it was indeed suspicious that a party member died so strangely.

From the information gathered on Jack's body, something had seemingly burst out of his chest, judging from the hole.

"I don't know why he died, however I know that you failed to subdue the goblin village." The vice guild master couldn't be bothered to care about a weak Bronze rank adventurer's death.

"Sir, by the time I got to Jack, he was already dead. Normally goblins wouldn't kill prisoners in such a strange way, so I think something else ki-" Alfred was cut short.

"I don't want to hear excuses. If you can't bring me evidence of what killed Jack, I'll have you arrested!" The vice guild master turned and left, leaving Rick and Alfred grinding their teeth.

"Boss, do we need to go back out there then? I can't seem to think about how we'll go about finding evidence. It's like a needle in a haystack..."

Rick narrowed his eyes and stared off into the distance, ignoring the surrounding adventures sending looks of suspicion their way.

"Let's go. We need to at least find the cause of Jack's death. If we can kill whatever or whoever killed him, we'll be cleared of any suspicion." Rick got to his feet and walked out the Adventurer Guild Hall with Alfred behind him.

"Look, they just came back after leaving so confidently and they even have a dead party member. What a useless group." A youth with decent features and blond hair sneered at the duo's backs.

"Alex, we both know you're just jealous that the guild master's daughter sent them on that quest instead of you." The bartender yelled in ridicule, making Alex's face turn red in embarrassment.

"I wouldn't have failed like they did. I am a Silver Rank adventurer, I have nothing to fear from a bunch of Bronze weaklings!" Alex retorted as he stomped out of the hall.

...

Isaac could see many little creatures doing their best to hide when he passed by, as if they knew a higher predatory existence was coming.

Even after a few minutes at moving at full speed, Isaac didn't feel tired at all. His body seemed to be filled with endless energy.

'This new body is insane. It may be ugly as heck, but it sure is top notch.' Isaac originally knew a little of the Xenomorph characteristics, however after growing, he now had a certain grasp on his skills.

Unlike some Xenomorphs, he couldn't spit acid, but his blood was highly corrosive. A trait all Xenomorphs shared.

Without much effort, Isaac felt a large animal enter his sensory range. From the looks of it, at appeared to be a deer, drinking water from a small puddle dociley.

'It seems that I don't get hungry or thirsty. Then why do Xenomorphs in the movies hunt so much? Ovomorphing is probably the cause...'

Because the absence of Queen Class Xenomorphs, the the normal adult drones and warriors could create eggs from the bodies of the victims.

'Well, I don't want something else like me running around even if it isn't hostile to me. It would probably lead to me being discovered and I have no clue about the situation of this new world...'

Isaac silently climbed until he was just above the deer, his tail cutting a few leaves and branches from the tree just by grazing them.

The deer seemingly feeling it's impending danger immediately reacted and tried to run off, however a black blur dropped from above, tail swinging towards the deer.

With a startled cry, the deer flew backwards and hit a tree a few meters away with a pained grunt. By the time it got to it's feet, Isaac had already neared it.

Red blood splashed on the tree behind the deer as the bark like tip of Isaac's tail pierced into the deer's side, causing it to shiver in pain.

'I should be able to create an Ovomorph from this, but I don't want to, at least until I make sure I'm strong enough to kill them if they turn on me.'

As a human turned Xenomorph, Isaac didn't want to take the chance of creating a Xenomorph, only for it to try and kill him after it grew.

78