14-Monsters & Magic
116 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Monsters you say?" Asked Leo with a frown. 

"Yes! Mother and father used to tell me all sorts of stories about them and how ferocious they were! Only the bravest of hunters dared go after them!" Answered Naya with sparkling eyes full of admiration. 

"Wasn't the bear you just hunted a monster?" Asked Leo puzzled.  

Interrupting, Lone was the one to reply to his question. "The bear was at its initial stages of transformation, so it was not a full-fledged monster yet." He said as he circled in the air, a satisfied smile was on his face as he basked under the sun.

"So there are monsters in this world as well, go figure." Muttered Leo, before raising his head to look at the free angel that seemed to be enjoying the weather. It was a sunny day spring day, not hot nor cold, a gentle breeze tickled his face as he took a deep breath. 

"Can we go hunt monsters!" Asked Naya with a beaming grin. 

"Absolutely not!" Lone was the one to reply this time, not even waiting for Leo to speak he continued. 

"Real Monsters are too dangerous!" He added with a shudder. 

Naya looked at him with suspicion before answering. "Aren't supposed to be a Free angel?" 

"Of course I am!" Said Lone while puffing his chest. 

"Then why are you afraid of some monsters?" She asked with a cheeky grin. 

"That—" Lone did not know how to reply, the truth was that he had never been in a fight before, as a free angel, he had spent most of his time in the safer parts of the great southern forest avoiding the conflict, there was rarely any need for him to fight as free angels were typically a peaceful bunch. 

"I'm not afraid!" He hurriedly replied, his wings trembled in fluster.

"Then let's go hunt Monsters!" Answered back Naya with a smile. 

"What are monsters?" suddenly, Leo asked.

The duo turned to look at him with strange gazes before Naya spoke. 

"You don't know what monsters are Leo?" She asked with a weird expression on her face. 

"No." He replied before turning to look at Lone who shuddered under his gaze, he then flew down from the sky and landed behind Naya before speaking. 

"M-monsters are the product of animals getting mana poisoning." Explained Lone, yet that answer only served to confuse Leo even further. As If sensing that, Lon continued with his explanation, Naya listening carefully from the side. 

"Mana is an energy that flows within every living being, the trees, the air, the grass, the people, it's everywhere." He said while spreading his arms around him at everything in his surroundings before continuing. 

"And those that are able to wield this energy to change their surroundings are called mages. They can summon the elements of the Gods to aid them." 

"Wow! That sounds so cool! Does that mean you are a mage Lone?" Asked Naya, as she remembered the scene of Lone fixing the forest and reverting it back to its previous unblemished state. 

"Yes, I'm a free angel mage." He proclaimed proudly earning him an impressed clap from Naya, Leo on the other hand simply waited for him to continue speaking. Seeing as he looked unimpressed, Lone let out a dry cough before continuing. 

"Then there are those that can employ mana to strengthen themselves and bodies, those who can do that are called warriors," he explained, Naya's eyes growing brighter than before. 

"So like the hunters?" She asked. 

"Hunters is just a stage that comes before warriors." Answered Lone with a shake of his head causing Naya to scratch her head in confusion. 

Letting out a sigh, Lone mumbled quietly to himself. 

"How do you guys not even know such common knowledge." Leo however, managed to hear him shot him a cold glare causing a shiver to run down his spine as he hurriedly continued working. 

"P-people that pursue the path of a warrior start as Hunters, at this stage one can only strengthen one part of his body, usually their arms or legs, with a lot of practice, however, one could break through to the warrior stage where they'd be able to use nab a to strengthen their entire body turning it as hard as diamonds!" He said. 

Listen to his explanation, Leo slowly came to an understanding about how things worked in this strange world, Naya seemed more excited about the whole ordeal as she grabbed Lone's hands and asked with sparkling eyes. 

"What about Mages?" 

Seeing her be so enthusiastic about his explanation caused Lone to smile in satisfaction as he strengthened his stance and raised his head proudly before speaking. 

"Naturally mages are the same, for those that pursue the path of a mage, they first start as apprentices. At this stage, one could be considered significantly weaker than a Hunter as one barely starts to feel the Mana in the air, using it to summon a small flame or gust of wind is the extent of an apprentice's ability." Diligently explained Lone.

"You said that mages use the mana to summon the elements of the Gods to aid them?" Asked Leo. 

"Indeed, as all of the elements fall under the jurisdiction of the Gods. When people use them, they are simply borrowing them." 

"Oh! how many elements are there?" Interrupted Naya as she asked while raising her hand. 

"Four, I think..." Answered Lone with almost uncertainty as his eyes peeked at Leo. 

"What do you mean?" Asked Leo with squinted eyes. 

Gulping down, Lone calmed himself down before speaking. 

"E-each elements is a representation of a God, earth for the Goddess Adea, Fire for Taeranos her brother and so on... There are however two elements that no one besides the Gods themselves knows of, the two elements that belong to the missing Divines." 

'Then does that mean that as a Divine, my element is that of death, so I'm naturally able to use it, but are others able to borrow it as well?' Thought Leo. 

“I will become a Mage and Warrior!” Proudly proclaimed Naya. Lone simply shook his head at that bold declaration while Leo was deep in his thoughts. 

 

4