Chapter 35: Waking Up with a Surprise
1.9k 9 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I slowly opened my eyes.
 
Waking up in a forest, the shuffling noise of wind breezing at the primeval trees that surrounds me.
 
I grunted, "Ugh, where am I?"
 
I scanned my surroundings.
 
I woke up in some sort of mystical forest, where only the sound of shuffling leaves can only be heard. There's nothing in here. I am standing in the middle of nowhere, where there is only darkness surrounds the forest. Then, a composting organic smell started emitting from the forest floor, like a miasma.
 
Instead of thinking, I just started walking on my own accord as I transverse this ancient mystery forest that I woke upon on. All of my surroundings reeks of age, as I can smell the rotting trees. As I was walking, there's nothing can be heard other than only the snapping branches that I break as I follow this unknown pathway that will lead me into the unknown.
 
I looked upon the starry heaven, there's nothing. Only darkness can only be seen, even the stars that could give hope to humans, can't be seen. As if someone darkened the heaven itself. 
 
Walking endlessly into nothingness, I could feel every sprawling tree I passed there's an eye that kept watching my entire being as if it's staring directly into my soul, every move, every fiber of my body, I can feel it.
 
All of my thoughts were washed away, as my body involuntary walked into this unknown endless forest trail.
 
Until I saw a silhouette crawling on its knees while crying, my curiosity is piqued. As I wonder why a person would be in here, I started walking towards the silhouette.
 
As I got closer, the image silhouette became clearer— It was a young boy. He's crying.
 
I asked the young boy, "Why are you crying?"
 
He turned his head towards me, "*Hic* Onii-san! Please help me! I'll do anything, please! Just help her!", as he was cryingly begging for me.
 
I looked at what he said that needs help.
 
I saw a young girl who seems about to be his age, the young girl was all bloody from head to toe laying down on the forest floor.
 
"What help do you want?", I asked the young boy.
 
"I-I d-don't kno—", but before he could even finish his sentence.
 
A supernal light poked through the heaven, enveloping my body, and after that, my body started gradually fading into nothingness. I don't know what's happening. I looked at the young boy once again, but he was just staring at me with helpless cries, he didn't even try to ask what's happening to me, right now. He was just there standing weeping into sorrows as he watches me turn into nothingness.
 
✯ ✯ ✯
 
 
I gradually opened my eyes.
 
Instead of the shuffling sounds of the trees, what I got was only silence.
 
Instead of the darkness, I could see the ceiling of my room in Aunt Ayaka's house.
 
"..."
 
Hm?!
 
I lifted my whole upper body.
 
"Wait, what?!", I exclaimed as I scanned my room.
 
Why am I here?! I swear, I was in the clubroom. I pondered trying to remember what happened then something clicked in my head—Nee-san knocked me out unconscious!!
 
How the fuck did she do that?!
 
Now that I realize it, the back of my neck still hurts.
 
I got off my bed while still rubbing the back of my neck. I opened the Venetian blind of my window and saw that the sky is now quite dark. I don't what time it is now, so I tried searching for my phone. Luckily, it was just on my desk. I picked it up and opened it. It's now 5:52 pm. There's still no message from Zeno. I was hoping that she could least send some message but I feel like she will start avoiding me from now on.
 
As I was about to close the Venetian blind of my window, something hit me. I feel like I dreamt of something important, but I don't remember it.
 
Then I started trying to remember my dream, but I still can't remember it. I walked outside of my room and went downstairs still trying to remember the dream that I had.
 
I was about to reach the first floor, then I saw Auntie Ayaka and Asuka sitting on the living room's sofa with the other three female students...? I took a closer look and saw—The two Yokota sisters and Hina-senpai?!
 
Then Aunt Ayaka noticed me.
 
"Oh, Tatsuya, you're here.", Aunt Ayaka said.
 
"Nii-chan!", Asuka shouted.
 
Then the two Yokota sisters and Hina-senpai looked at me but they all blushed. Why are they all blushing?
 
"My~ Are you trying to seduce these 3 beautiful girls? Tatsuya?", Aunt Ayaka said.
 
"Huh? What are you saying, Auntie?", I looked at her confused.
 
"Hm? Look at you, aren't you showing your oozing sexy body to these little girls?"
 
"Huh?!", I retorted then looked down.
 
I don't have anything other than my pants?! How come I did not notice it?!
 
I stumbled and fell on the stairs.
 
"Tatsuya?!" "Okita-san?!" "Nii-chan?!" "Okita-kohai!?" "Kohai-chan?!", all of them exclaimed upon seeing me fell on the stairs.
 
"Aw aw aw. That kinda hurts.", I grunted in pain.
 
"Are you okay?", Aunt Ayaka rushed to me worriedly.
 
"I'm okay, Auntie.", I replied and stood up.
 
Asuka rushed towards me, "Nii-chan!", then she jumped.
 
"Ah!", I exclaimed as I was surprised by Asuka, she jumped into my arms.
 
"Hehe~", Asuka giggled.
 
I smiled upon seeing Asuka's cute giggle, respond to that, I patted her head.
 
Then I looked at Auntie, and asked, "By the way, what are they doing here Auntie?"
 
"Are you sure that's the thing you need to prioritize? Get some shirt first. Haa... My nephew might be a natural...", Aunt Ayaka sighed, but I didn't hear the last part of what she said.
 
"Oh, I forgot.", I said.
 
The three visitors that were sitting in silence could only blush. I'm so ashamed. I bought Asuka down even though she's asking not to. I quickly went upstairs and took a shirt, and came back downstairs, I saw Auntie in the kitchen cooking something for dinner.
 
I sat on the other couch while the three are sitting on the sofa, as for Asuka, she sitting on my lap. I don't why this little girl is so attached to me but it's quite nice, to be honest.
 
After all the shenanigans that had transpired, I decided to ask them, "What are you guys doing here?"
 
I looked at them as the three of them are still blushing red, because of that, my face started heating up from embarrassment.
 
Can't you guys talk now? This is so awkward. I can't handle this, anymore.
 
"*Cough*, well, Ai and I were here to say sorry because we're on fault as well, as to why that happened to you. Please accept my sincere apology, Okita-kohai.", Hina-senpai said with a hint of redness on her face and bowed.
 
"Uhh, umm, I don't know what happened but Rika-chan said I need to apologize that's why I joined her. I'm very sorry about what happened earlier, Kohai-chan.", Yokota-senpai said with a hint of redness on her face and bowed, but for some reason, she kept still staring at my face and body.
 
It's creeping me out.
 
"Umm, there's no need to apologize though. You guys didn't do anything wrong. There's only one who's at fault the one who knocked me out unconscious(Nee-san).", I said.
 
Now that I think about it, where are my parents and Nee-san? Did they leave? There are no traces of them in this house.
 
"No, we're at fault, nonetheless. That's why please accept our apology.", Hina-senpai said.
 
"Um, okay, I don't really get why you're insisting that you guys did wrong but I accept.", I said.
 
"Thank you."
 
"No problem.", I smiled.
 
Asuka then looked at Hina-senpai and me, back and forth, and asked, "Nii, did they do something bad?"
 
"Hm? They did not.", I replied.
 
"But, why are they apologizing?"
 
"Uhh, there is some stuff that's quite complicated.", I said to Asuka.
 
"Complicated?", Asuka looked at me in confusion, then she held her chin and started contemplating.
 
Asuka giving a deep thought on something is so cute.
 
Then I noticed Yokota-senpai deeply gazing at my body and face as if she wants to devour me. I feel very uncomfortable so I decided to ask his little sister, Yokota, "Uh, what are you doing here, Yokota?"
 
"Eh?! Ah, uh, a-a-ah, I just went here because my elder sister said that something happened to you, as a fellow classmate and deskmate I'm obliged to check if you are okay.", Yokota said while trying to avoid eye contact with me.
 
That's way too formal, Yokota. I don't know why you are avoiding eye contact with me, I feel like I did something wrong that made her uncomfortable. Hence why she's acting like that.
 
"Oh, thanks.", I said.
 
Then Yokota-senpai who was now gazing at me suddenly spoke, "Oh, by the way, Kohai-chan. I didn't expect your sister is quite a lively one."
 
"Lively?", I asked Yokota-senpai.
 
And, why is she calling me Kohai-chan?
 
"Yeah, she did quite a ruckus earlier."
 
"Eh? What happened?"
 
"Yeah, after she knocked you out. She carried you and tried to take you home to your house in Tokyo, and she started arguing with your mom while screaming 'I will bring him back to Tokyo!'."
 
Wait, what?! I'm not even surprised by it. I'm even more surprised that someone managed to stop her.
 
"Eh? Then, who stopped her?"
 
"Yeah yeah, your sister got knocked out the same way you got knocked out.", Yokota-senpai said.
 
"Wait wait, what?"
 
"Yeah, your sister tried to fight with your mother and the Ikeda girl. But, she was about to go overboard, so your dad came in and chopped her neck. To be honest, that was so cool I want to learn that so I could do it if ever someone in the school got into a fight. It would benefit the Public Committee." Yokota-senpai said.
 
"That's why I was hoping that I could least see them here, but your Auntie said they left to get your sister's clothes and will be back here later. I was so disappointed.", Yokota-senpai added with a dejected face.
 
Hm...?
 
"Wait, what did you say?", I asked Yokota-senpai as my head started sweating ferociously.
 
"That, I'm disappointed?"
 
"No no no, the other thing about my sister's clothes.", I could feel my heartbeat beating faster.
 
"Oh, that they will bring your sister's clothes and will be back?"
 
Something inside of snapped.
 
"Umm, Asuka, can you sit here first?", I asked Asuka.
 
"Hm? Why?"
 
"I need to ask your mama, something."
 
Asuka gave it a deep thought before answering, "Mmm, okay, but be quick okay?"
 
"Thank you.", I smiled.
 
I quickly went to the kitchen, and asked Auntie, "Auntie! Is that true?!"
 
"Hm? What is it?", Aunt Ayaka asked.
 
"That my sister going to transfer to my school?!"
 
"Oh that one, not really."
 
"Eh?", I was dumbfounded by Aunt's answer.
 
"Well, as you can see, her transfer application got rejected."
 
I suddenly felt relieved upon hearing which means my high school life is still intact. But, there's still something...
 
"Eh? Then why Yokota-senpai said that mom and dad are bringing my sister's clothes?"
 
"Oh, because she will be living with us from now on...", I felt something inside me cracked when I heard that, "... I'm pretty against it at first, but your brocon sister insisted on living with you. In the end, I accepted it. She doesn't even care if it would take her like an hour to reach her school to Tokyo from here at Funabashi. Quite a troublesome sibling you got Tatsuya, I even remember that she would compete with me when taking care of you, Fufu~, then—..."
 
Auntie was still telling her story about Nee-san; meanwhile me on the other hand, I'm contemplating on how I could resolve this serious dilemma that could endanger my entire being. How come my parents agreed to this?!
 
The beginning of my existential crisis started.
 
 
 
 
I'll release 5 advance chapters on Sunday on my Patreon, then I'll go back to daily since I need to prioritize the exams on May 14. After that, I'll do another 5 advance chapters so there'll be 10 advance chapters in total by the end of the month. There'll be no chapters tomorrow.

57