Chapter 10: Meeting Her Again
2.6k 8 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Silver hair...
 
Don't tell me...
 
The silver-haired girl who beaten up three guys in an alleyway, last week. I can still remember everything that happened that day, as if it only happened yesterday— the horror. How could a girl beat those three delinquents? But, I could say that those three are pretty weak, just basing on how they fought. Well, the spiky guy that got annihilated without getting a chance to fight back, meanwhile the two are completely novice in fighting, they just threw themselves at her. But, her prowess is different, even a normal person can't twist an arm that easily like she did to the spiky guy. I just hope that I won't run into her— she smells trouble.
 
Arima, Naoki, and I are currently in the cafeteria...
 
"Are you guys going to get your own food?", Arima asked.
 
"Oh, don't worry, we have our own bento.", Naoki said.
 
"We?", I asked Naoki.
 
"Y—Yeah, mom cooked two bento for us.", Naoki said with a slightly flushed face.
 
"Really?! Tell Sakura-san my thanks.", I smiled at her.
 
"O—Okay.", Naoki said with a gentle smile on her face.
 
Then I felt a sudden surge of bloodlust in my back, I could feel cold sweats forming in my back.
 
"You two... Haa—aa... I don't know anymore, just go find a table and I'll search for you guys.", Arima said in a depressing tone.
 
"Um, okay.", I replied.
 
Naoki and I searched for a place to eat on.
 
We found a table, so we sat on it. But, Naoki sat beside me. And then another wave of murderous glare surged once again. I can't even tell her to go sit on the other seat in my front. I don't know but I got the feeling that she will be depressed once I said that. So, I decided to let her do what she wants even if it's the cost of my own death.
 
"Here, Tatsuya.", Naoki handed me the bento from Sakura-san.
 
"Thanks, Naoki.", I thanked her.
 
Since Arima is still not here, I think of a topic for a conversation, then I remembered about the club thing for later.
 
"Naoki, what club you want to join?", I asked her.
 
"Hm... I think, any club as long, you're in there.", Naoki said in a smile.
 
My whole face burned up from what she said, I could feel my heartbeat rising through the roof. I can't even open my mouth and my body became stiff as a rock. How could she say that nonchalantly, but when she said that her cuteness overloaded— Naoki Cuteness Meter or in short NCM, it broke the NCM meter. In my head, I unconsciously thanked Sakura-san for giving birth to Naoki.
 
Get yourself together Tatsuya! I exclaimed in my head.
 
After snapping out of my shenanigans in my head, I saw our surroundings, mostly the people that are near us, who heard it. Most girls are flushed red, while the guys are the same too, but they're looking at me with bloodlust and jealousy in their eyes.
 
"N—Naoki, I—I—Haa... What kind of club you look forward to visiting, later.", I said with my face is still beet red.
 
"Ooh, I could say, Literature Club? How about you?", Naoki said.
 
"I don't really know, since you know...", I said in a lower voice.
 
"Oh, yeah... Don't worry, let's just check them later."
 
We waited for Arima, after a while he showed up with his food tray in his hand.
 
"Yo", Arima greeted.
 
"Hey.", I greeted him back.
 
He sat in front of us, then I saw his food tray. He got a tonkatsu rice bowl.
 
"Oh, wow, they sell that there?", I asked in amazement.
 
"Yeah, pretty much every food you can order is in there.", He said.
 
Now, that I think about it. This school was vastly wealthy when I entered the premises. And, all the building was maintained properly and the cafeteria is huge, I could compare it to the hospital I stayed in. 
 
"How much was it though?", I asked
 
"500 yen.", Arima said.
 
"For real!?", I exclaimed.
 
"They cut back all food prices here, to help the students. And, of course, there are free meals for other students."
 
"Well, the school's donations are from large companies anyway, so that's not really surprising.", Arima added.
 
"Aren't they making it way too cheaper?", I said confusingly.
 
"Maybe, but who cares, we are the ones benefitting anyways.", Arima said shrugging his shoulder.
 
"True...", I replied.
 
"Eat first.", Naoki interjected while pouting at me.
 
The NCM meter broke once again and it soared to an unexpected level. How can her pouting be this cute?
 
"A-All right, Let's eat.", I said.
 
Arima only giggled at me.
 
I opened the bento that Naoki gave me and then I saw a normal bento. Phew, I thought Sakura-san will do something.
 
My bento consists of omelets, rice,  tiny sausages, and some chopped chicken breast.
 
"Oooh, this looks good.", I said in astonishment.
 
Then I took a bite.
 
"Oooh, this is delicious. Thank Sakura-san again for me Naoki", I smiled at her.
 
"Is it really?", Naoki said.
 
"Yep, this so delicious."
 
"Hehe~", then she smiled gently and started humming.
 
Arima looked at Naoki and me, in back and forth.
 
Then he sighed in disappointment.
 
He then looked at me, and said, "You're a genius but stupid at the same time..."
 
"Hm?", I looked at him confusingly as I was busy eating my bento.
 
"Nothing...", Arima said while sighing.
 
I got confused, by what he said. It came out of nowhere.
 
While we are eating, I saw the Nagasawa guy with the usual two and another two whom I don't seem to recognize, but there's another one— It was Arima's childhood friend, Ide Aoi.
 
So I called Arima, "Hey, Arima, isn't that your childhood friend?", I pointed at the Nagasawa group.
 
Arima looked in the direction I'm pointing at.
 
"Oh, yeah, she's very close with them.", he said disappointingly.
 
I looked at him, then a click rang in my head. Don't tell me— Arima got NTR'd by that Nagasawa guy?! Is that why his expression from earlier when I mentioned him, was like that? If that's the case... I feel bad for him.
 
"Ooh, it's okay, don't worry dude.", I said in a gentle voice.
 
"Huh?", Arima looked at me confused.
 
But then, the group of the Nagasawa guy was walking towards and then Nagasawa greeted us, "Hey, sup, Okita, Arima, and Naoki-san."
 
Naoki's humming stopped and she coldly glared while furrowing her eyebrows at Nagasawa, and said, "Who are you? How dare you call me by my first name?"
 
I got goosebumps, and for the second time, I feared Naoki once again. Even the people near us were stunned and shivered at her cold voice.
 
"O-oh, ah, um, sorry about that Iked—", Nagasawa who seems to be frightened by Naoki's cold harsh voice.
 
"-san", Naoki cuts off Nagasawa.
 
"A-Ah, okay, Ikeda-san.", he replied.
 
"Hey! He only called you by your first name! No need to get serious!", Hara-san the gyaru girl exclaimed
 
""Yeah!"", the other whom I don't recognize exclaimed except for Nishimura's sister and Arima's childhood friend.
 
"Only? Do you guys even know moral respect? I remember that I didn't give Nagasawa-san my permission to call me by my first name nor did I even talk to him ever, this is our first conversation, but you called me like we were friends. We are only classmates and nothing more. And, that's discourteous and rude...", Naoki said in a cold voice.
 
"A-ah, b—but—", Nagasawa tried to interrupt but got stopped.
 
"...And you, Nagasawa-san. Do you even have an ounce of respect for others? Because I could tell that you don't have it. Respecting someone's name was one of the simplest things to do yet you failed to comply with that."
 
"I—I'm sorry!", Nagasawa-san exclaimed and bending his whole upper body to 90 degrees.
 
"If you're sorry, just please don't talk to me, because I don't even have plans on talking to you from the start. Rather, please never show your face in front of me again.", Naoki said coldly, but in her last sentence, she said that in a gentle voice as if it's a slap to the face on Nagasawa.
 
Nagasawa's face was flushed red from shame, plus the gyaru and the two except for Nishimura's sister who had an indifferent face all this time, meanwhile Arima's childhood friend was only glaring at Arima. And, Arima here, who seems to be enjoying the show while ignoring his childhood friend glare. Then Nagasawa left,  and the 5 girls that were with him, followed.
 
"Oh, wow, that escalated quickly.", I said in astonishment.
 
"Pfft, yeah, hahaha.", Arima laughed while holding his stomach.
 
"Are you okay? Naoki.", I asked her with worry.
 
"Yeah, I can't believe that Nagasawa guy. How dare he call me by my first name.", Naoki said angrily.
 
When I saw her getting angry, I unconsciously patted and rubbed her head.
 
She was stunned and her face became relaxed, she started enjoying the patting even purring like a cat.
 
It took me a while to realize it, but when I did, I stopped.
 
Naoki's face became gloomy when I stopped patting her head, but she suddenly realized what she did and her face flushed red thus she looked down to hide her embarrassment.
 
Then I looked at the surrounding, I saw the people near us looking at us surprised even Arima who's laughing earlier.
 
But as I was about to say something, we heard a commotion.
 
I looked at the commotion that's going on.
 
And, I saw a silver-haired girl sitting, and two seniors seem to be hitting on her. She only stared at them coldly. I narrowed my eyes and instantly recognized the silver hair, I saw her eyes rolling but as soon she rolled her eyes. Our eyes locked at each other, when that happened she smiled and stood up and started walking towards my direction whilst ignoring the two seniors hitting on her. All of my six senses are telling that she will bring misfortune or she will be bring me in trouble later. I could feel my misery is waiting ready to attack at any given moment.
 
Arima who looks so confused only looked at the silver-haired girl. Because the origin of the commotion earlier started walking in our direction while Naoki beside me was still looking down in embarrassment.
 
Then the silver-haired girl started waving while smiling, and shouted, "Tatsu~ chan~ didn't expect to meet your here~".
 
The people around us gasped because her earlier attitude was a contrast to what's she showing right now, even the two seniors were stunned by her sudden change of behavior, from a cold demeanor girl to a cheerful one.
 
When I heard my name, I could feel an atomic bomb was about to land on me.
 
And what's with Tatsu?! We're not even that close!! I thought to myself while readying myself for later.
 
"Tatsu? Is she talking about you?", Arima said still confused.
 
But as soon he said that the silver-haired girl was in front of me.
 
"Heyo~ What did I tell you~ We're bound to meet again. Fufu~", still smiling while closing her face to mine.
 
She's slowly closing her face to mine. I could feel my body temperature rising. Her eyes are staring at mine—wait, same amethyst eyes like mine? I didn't notice it the last time we met at the alleyway since I was preoccupied with guarding myself against her.  It's beautiful as if I'm staring in a never-ending void.
 
Suddenly, Naoki grabbed my head and dragged it into her breast. I could feel a plump of softness in my whole face. It's so soft that I could probably sleep on this. Amidst that, I came to my realization— That my face is on Naoki's breast!!
 
I heard Naoki said something to the silver-haired girl, " Who are you? What do you want with my Tatsuya?"
 
Even though I can't see her, I could feel the coldness from her voice, she's probably glaring at the silver-haired girl. And, holding my head tightly unto her breast.
 
My Tatsuya? When did I become hers? Wait, is she perhaps jealous? Did she... No way, we only got to know each other last week, that's impossible. Maybe, she's considerate to me. I thought to myself while my mind is in shambles.
 
"You don't need to know.", the silver-haired girl said.
 
I felt goosebumps from what I heard, my guts are telling me to not turn around.
 
While all of that is happening, the bell rang throughout the school that meant that lunchbreak is done.
 
"Ooh, lunch break is done, see ya later~ Tatsu~", I heard the silver-girl since my face is still buried in Naoki's heaven's breast.
 
When the silver-girl said that, Naoki loosens her hold in my head.
 
"Puha.", I raised my head and gasping for air.
 
"What's that for, Naoki.", I said while holding my neck and still flushed red.
 
I think I broke my neck when Naoki forcefully grabbed my head earlier. I didn't know that she was that strong.
 
"Ah, sorry about that, but who's she?", Naoki said while glaring at me.
 
"Err... I don't know... I only met her last week, I don't even know her name.", I said.
 
Now, that I think about it, I still haven't asked her name and the fact that she knew my name. If I ever meet her later or tomorrow better to confront for once and for all.
 
"You don't know? How come she knew your name?", Naoki said while looking at me doubtfully.
 
"Yeah, I really don't know, I'll just tell you later, it's quite complicated, we better get back to our class.", I said.
 
"Ok, then.", Naoki said while pouting.
 
I couldn't help myself but wanting to poke her pouting cheeks. But, I realized, that I was the center of attention once again. I looked around and saw varieties of expressions on their faces like surprised, confused, and of course jealousy. Even Arima who's with us looked at me surprisingly confused.
 
Instead of getting these annoying stares at me, I decided to call the two to get back to our classroom.
 
"Arima, Naoki, let's go.", I said.
 
"Y—Yeah.", Arima replied snapping out of his stunned expression from earlier.
 
"Okay.", Naoki replied who's still pouting.
 
We decided to head out, but I heard some people from the crowds, saying stuff like.
 
"Hey, did those two fought for that guy?"
 
"What a bastard, is he cheating? when he got a hot ass, blonde girlfriend."
 
"I can't believe that our new silver-haired goddess is going for that guy!"
 
"Can't he be satisfied with one? He took the blonde goddess and now even the silver-haired one!"
 
"I can't believe that the silver-haired girl on smiled, even though all this she's looking at everyone cold-blooded"
 
"..."
 
"..."
 
And so on, all of them have mixed reactions, and most importantly my reputation plummeted down once again. I knew it, once I saw her, I knew that she will be the most troublesome person I will meet.
 
I'm sure that every male in this school will hate me more when they found out what happened in the cafeteria. There will be a lot of rumors about me, probably.
 
I looked at the two seniors who tried wooing her earlier, now glaring at me. I'm not giving an ounce of care anymore. Rather than, fixing the mess that I got caught in, it's better to embrace it. I give up.
 
Arima who's been quiet since earlier suddenly spoke, "Okita, are you dating that silver-haired girl too?"
 
"Huh?! No?! Where did that come from?", I said and looked at him unbelievably.
 
"Well, when I was lining up earlier to get my food, I saw her, most people who tried to talk to her either male or female she will reject them outrightly in a cold tone. And then, there's you, she suddenly became cheerful out of nowhere. I heard that she's the one who perfected the entrance exams like Ikeda-san. Remember? The one Arita-sensei mentioned?", Arima said.
 
"Really? I don't know that she's the one Arita-sensei mentioned earlier, but truth to be told. I don't really know her. I just came here last week, do you remember what I said to you, earlier? About the park thing?", I said.
 
"Yeah.", Arima replied.
 
"You see, I was strolling around the town that day. Then I met her in the bookstore, she suddenly talked to me out of nowhere asking me about fate, then left. At that time, she got her hood on, so I didn't know her face that time. Then I met her for the second time when I bought something at the shopping center.", I said.
 
" Well, to make it short, she was dragged into an alleyway by three delinquents then when they saw her face. They tried to touch her but she has beaten up the three guys without a sweat, then after that, she walked towards me. Like, she knew me all this time, but the police came since we're the only one in there with the three beaten-up guys on the floor near us. She ran and of course me too since I don't want the police to interrogate me because I need to do something important that day. And then, earlier was our third time meeting each other.", I added.
 
Arima was still confused at what I said and then Naoki who's sticking beside like earlier got a relieved expression on her face.
 
"Whoa, that's hardcore did she really beat those guys?", Arima asked.
 
"Yeah, she even twisted a guy's arm, then the dude screamed in pain."
 
"For real?! Yikes, good luck, Okita, I will pray for you.", then he patted my shoulder.
 
"Shut up, by the way, want to go check some clubs with us, later?", I asked Arima.
 
"Nah, I'm okay, I need to apply at the basketball club."
 
"Oh yeah, I forgot."
 
"Yep.", Arima said.
 
"Okay, then only Naoki and I will check.", I said.
 
Then we reached our classroom.
 
"Yep, you guys can date while looking at some clubs, good luck with that.", Arima said.
 
As we entered the classroom, he even said with a loud voice as if he deliberately let the whole class hear it.
 
Then he smugged.
 
When I realized that he did it deliberately, I cursed him in my mind.
 
We sat in our seats and waited until our next teacher shows up, after waiting for a while the teacher showed up.
 
Still got 2 periods left before the club checking.
 
 
 
 
 
Whoa, 3k words, my word count is increasing day by day xD. By the way, this series is available at webnovel and royalroad too.

79