Chapter 12: Disciplinary Committee
2.4k 15 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
As we were waiting for the 3rd-year girl who bought us here.
 
"Sorry.", Naoki apologized.
 
She then looked at me with teary eyes.
 
"What are you apologizing for?", I confusingly said while looking at her teary eyes.
 
"Because you wouldn't even be in this mess, I shouldn't have lost my patience. I just don't like him insulting you straight-faced like you're nothing.", she said in a trembling voice then looked down.
 
I slowly approached her face with my right hand caressing her left cheek and removing the tears descending from her bewitching crystal blue eyes.
 
"Hey... there there.", I smiled at her.
 
She then gradually looked at me.
 
"I did that on my own accord, not just because of the situation. If I ever come back to that scenario, I will do that a million times, no matter what it takes..."
 
I moved my hands from her cheek to the top of her head and started patting her.
 
"...Because you're my friend. If you think that, I did that because he's about to slap you. You're wrong, I've been holding back all that time, but when he asked me that bullshit question, I was about to smash his face to the ground but you slapped him first before I could.", I added.
 
Reminiscing earlier, I think this is the first time I've gotten mad. Feels like all the anger and rage that has been inside me for 2 years blew up, but I didn't really feel good when I broke his wrist. There's a thing inside me wanting more not just broking his wrist. It felt creepy for me, even I myself, don't know what's happening inside me.
 
"B—But they could suspend you... And, mostly... Your reputation...", Naoki said trembling.
 
"Pfft, I don't care if they suspend me because I did, what I know that is right. And, for my reputation? I don't care about that too. Even though I planned to live a quiet peaceful high school life, despite that I can't just sit there seeing my friend get hurt."
 
"T—Tatsu...", Naoki looked at me with teary eyes.
 
"Look... You're my first ever friend that I befriended that are not nurses or doctors. That's why I treasure you. And only one of the few people who I can be with, without the cover in my eyes. I'm pretty sure, you know right?", I asked her.
 
"U—Un.", she replied.
 
"Other than my family, I couldn't really show my eyes to others. And surprisingly, when we met last week for the first time. I was surprised that I could finally show my eyes to others without triggering my symptoms. I even felt uncomfortable that day, I don't even know how to react to that. Do I feel happy? Or do I feel scared? Those are the only two things I could think of, that day.", I said.
 
"That day, it gave me hope. Did you even know, that I was technically blind for 3 weeks?", I added then looked at Naoki.
 
Naoki looked at me with different kinds of emotions like despair, sadness, and guilt.
 
"When that thing happened, I couldn't open my eyes because I was scared... Of people... Looking me in the eyes... Even my parents... Especially, whenever I open my eyes... I always see a human figure... I was scared... The fear... Inside me... Is keeping my eyes shut... Of course, I'm better now with the help of others.", I smiled at Naoki who started weeping.
 
I caress the tears falling down her face, and said, "Hey, we're only going to guidance or the committee, no need to cry."
 
Then she glared at me and stabbed my side, and exclaimed, "Who wouldn't cry! At what you said!"
 
"Oh. Hehe~", I realized what I did.
 
After that, Naoki isn't calming down at all.
 
So, I looked around, seeing that we're the only people in the corridor of the administrative building.
 
"Naoki.", I called Naoki.
 
"Hm?", Naoki looked at me.
 
Seeing the redness of her from all the weeping earlier, I hold her cheek, then I started removing the hair that was covering my eyes upwards to the back.
 
I was staring at her crystal blue eyes and she's the same staring at my amethyst eyes, then I said, "Look, everything is gonna be fine.", then giving her a gentle smile.
 
She's still staring at my eyes, in a daze. It took her a while to snap out of her daze, when she did, her face became flushed, and then she looked down.
 
After seeing that, I could see that she was able to calm down, I giggled at seeing her like that.
 
Then I heard a noise.
 
I quickly fixed my hair back to its original state and turned my head towards the noise but no one is there, so I decided to ignore it.
 
While waiting for the committee member, I saw Naoki fixing herself and wiping her face with a tissue.
 
Looking at her, I felt relieved seeing her able to calm down after what happened earlier.
 
"Hey, follow me.", the ponytail committee girl called.
 
"Okay.", I answered.
 
Naoki and I followed her to a room that says disciplinary committee at the top.
 
As we entered the room, I saw a girl sitting at the center of the room.
 
"Hello, so you're the first freshman to go here, on the first day of school too."
 
"My name is Hina Rika, I'm the one responsible for leading the Disciplinary Committee."
 
Hina Rika, the president of the Disciplinary Committee. She got a black pig-tailed hair and matching it with her glasses, I could only think one thing and that is— She's reeking of nerdiness all over her. Even at first glance, I could tell she's very strict and the title of the president really fits her. And one more thing, she got a voluptuous body even beating Naoki.
 
"Disciplinary? But, I thought it was Public?", I said.
 
"Was it because of her armband?", Hina-senpai said.
 
I nodded.
 
"She only likes the tone of Public Committee that's why she decided to use that as her own armband."
 
"Hey! Disciplinary Committee sounds boorish, Public Committee sounds way better it gives you a vibe of peace and order.", the ponytail girl said.
 
"But, isn't Public Committee, is basically Student Council?", I asked her.
 
"Yeah, I told her that, but she doesn't listen, it even led to some arguments, she insisted on the Public part, so I decided to only put Committee on their armbands but she didn't listen and printed her own armband.", Hina-san added.
 
"Beh, because you don't get the essence of the name, and the student council doesn't have a committee on their name, how could you compare us to them?", she then looked at me.
 
I didn't expect her behavior, the way she shouted at me and handled the situation earlier was a huge contrast to her childish behavior. At first, I thought she's strict and well-disciplined but seeing her like this... I'm having some doubts.
 
"But—", as I was about to reply to her Hina-senpai interrupted me, and said, "Don't junior, it will only complicate things."
 
"Uhh, okay.", I replied.
 
"Ooh, I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Yokota Ai, I'm the vice president", she said throwing a v-sign at us.
 
"Are you related to Yokota Kazumi?", Naoki asked.
 
"Yep, she's my Lil sis.", she replied.
 
"Ooh."
 
"All right, let's go to the main topic.", Hina-senpai said.
 
She then continued, "Your name is Okita Tatsuya, yes?"
 
"Yes.", I replied.
 
"Then you...", she pointed at Naoki, "... you're Ikeda Naoki, right?"
 
"Yes.", she replied.
 
"So, tell me the side of your story."
 
Then Naoki and I proceeded to tell her what happened.
 
"Oooh, I see.", Hina-senpai said.
 
"The story match, President.", Yokota-senpai said in a serious tone.
 
I looked at her surprised.
 
What happened to the earlier Yokota-senpai? What happened to her personality? Does she have a personality disorder? And, what story? Did they get a witness?? I thought to myself.
 
"So? Am I gonna be suspended?", I asked them confusingly.
 
"Hahaha, no way, it's counted as self-defense since that bastard Oye Goro tried to hit Ikeda-chan.", Yokota-senpai said in a cheerful tone.
 
For real though, does she have a personality disorder? I thought to myself and looking at Yokota-senpai stunned.
 
"So, what will happen?", I asked.
 
"Nothing, since it counted as a self-defense, and that guy Oye Goro even though we had warned him about his attitude. He didn't change. The only problem you have right now, junior, was the broken wrist you broke. We could punish you because of that, but we chose, not.", Hina-senpai said.
 
"And, why...?", I asked.
 
"You don't deserve it. That Oye Goro has been harassing female students since last year. Personally, you should've broken his face instead."
 
"The only problem you will only face was his parents. His parents are known for owning a construction company."
 
"Aah, I see, I don't really care about his parents that much, thank you, senpai.", I bowed.
 
"No problem, just better not get into trouble, next time."
 
"Hey hey, why are you not scared?", Yokota-senpai said.
 
"On what?", I asked her.
 
"On his parents, duh. His parents are known for their power and wealth if I remember their company is well-known to other provinces too."
 
"Why would I? What would they do? Threaten me? With what?", I asked Yokota-senpai.
 
"Uhhh..."
 
"They can't threaten me or if they. What would they do? threatening me of filing an assault case?"
 
"Uhh, yeah", Yokota-senpai said.
 
"They could, but as Hina-senpai said. It was self-defense, and what's more, he tried to assault a female student."
 
"And Hina-senpai said, that he harassed some female student last year, I'm pretty sure, you're keeping their files, right? Hina-senpai", I added.
 
"Yes.", Hina-senpai replied.
 
"Then I can just ask Hina-senpai to hand them over to me, but of course you can't just hand them easily, right?"
 
"Yep, you're correct, you need school's permission."
 
"So, I could only coin flip, on whether the school will hand them to me or not.", I shrugged.
 
"Are they sponsoring this school?", I asked.
 
"The school doesn't disclose anything related to the sponsors, they're heavily confidential."
 
"Thought so."
 
Naoki tugged my blazer so I looked at her, she was looking at me worriedly, I gave her an assuring smile.
 
"Oh.", hitting my palm with my fist.
 
"There are witnesses right?"
 
"Yep, but what if they bribe all of them?", Hina-senpai asked me.
 
"Like all of them? There are like, least 30 students there.", I said.
 
"I'm telling 'What if.'."
 
"Then, I can't do anything other than face them in court fairly.", I shrugged.
 
"Oho~ you're giving up already?", Hina-senpai said.
 
"Not really, they can face me on the court, I will just let my parents do it"
 
"And why your parents?", she asked.
 
"Of course, I'm only a high school student and nothing more. I don't have any authority nor power in me. So, I will let the adults handle it. But, if they won, then so be it.", I shrugged.
 
Hina-senpai smiled, then said, "Hahaha, I'm liking you more, Okita-kohai"
 
Yokota-senpai flinched on seeing Hina-senpai laughed.
 
"All right, I'll help you, even if the school forbids me.", Hina-senpai said with a smile on her face.
 
"Ooh, uhh, thank you very much senpai", I said and bowed.
 
"Thank you, Senpai!", Naoki thanked her and bowed.
 
"Oh, no problem, I just like how Okita thinks, he knows what he needed to do, but as soon he found out that thing will not go in his way, he let the adults do it, in his stead. He's correct, we're only high school students, the things we can do in society are very limited, as Okita said, we don't have the authority nor power to back us up but getting help to adults is much wiser to do, than doing it ourselves.", Hina-senpai said while her smile disappeared.
 
"Many students, only rely on themselves, thinking that they can do it all. There's this mentality in us, thinking that since we've grown up, we can take it upon ourselves, that's why some of us will fell into depression, that applies to young adults too. But of course, that doesn't apply to everyone, some of us don't have any adults to rely on, even if they have, not all adults are the same, some of them can or not guide us. The point I'm making was, if you're fortunate enough to have a reliable or trustworthy adult, then ask them. That's why we humans have chances or choices. If you chose not to, then that's on you.", she added.
 
Naoki and I were stunned at her speech, meanwhile, Yokota-senpai who's just standing there in a daze like a statue not even moving an inch since earlier.
 
"A-ah, Thank you.", I said.
 
"No problem.", Hina-senpai said.
 
"You guys got more questions?", she added.
 
"Yes, why does a disciplinary committee exist? isn't that the guidance counselor's job?", Naoki asked.
 
"Oh, nice question, you see, the guidance counselor was like our advisor or a guide. And, of course, if things get serious the guidance counselor will handle it. Now, for the creation of the committee, you see, we have a huge campus, and monitoring students on this huge campus will be hard. It was supposed to be the student council that will do the patrolling but since the position in the student council is very limited, that's why they created the disciplinary committee to focus on monitoring the student and maintaining peace on the campus meanwhile the student council can just focus on public relation stuff.", Hina-senpai explained.
 
"You guys better get going, you guys are going to check some clubs right?", Hina-senpai added.
 
"Yeah, but we will just head straight home for now.", I said.
 
"Ooh, I see, that makes sense.", Hina-senpai nodded.
 
"See you guys then, I will handle some stuff, bye.", she added while waving at us.
 
"Thank you, senpai.", I said and bowed.
 
Naoki did the same thing too.
 
We head out of the room and we're currently walking in the corridor.
 
Then I thought to myself, If things go south I need to contact my parents, and before that, I guess, I need to tell this matter to Auntie first and foremost. Ahhh! I got into trouble on my first day!!! But, I could tell that Hina-senpai was a very reliable person.
 
We walked for a few minutes and we reached the gates of our school, It's currently 4:47 pm.
 
"Tatsuya, can we eat something before we head home?", Naoki asked.
 
"Hm? Oh, okay then.", I replied.
 
Grabbing something to eat after class... Wait, isn't this what they call an after-school date? I learned this in a light novel that I have read. I thought to myself.
 
I could feel my heart beating when I thought of that.
 
 
 
Sorry for the delay, I got diarrhea earlier. Hehe~

66