CH 20: VS INSTRUCTOR
7.1k 13 246
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two weeks seemed like a short time, but in reality, so many things could happen in that time frame. 

The first thing of note was how the fame of Gojo was continuously growing in the academy.

More precisely, he was becoming more and more infamous as a problem student. 

The cause for this? 

Aside from the first three days of class where he followed the introduction of all the basic arts dutifully, he immediately became a truant not long after. 

He discarded all classes aside from the homeroom and general knowledge class, and even during those classes, he would either be sleeping or reading a book while the lecture was going on. 

---

Today was supposed to be a class about Hoho and Hakuda for the first year. Those two classes were generally held by the same professor since the techniques were about using Reiryoku to empower the body and fight. 

The lecturer, Kairo Fon, had always been proud of his place and the course he taught.

After all, most shinigami never awakened their Zanpakuto. Meanwhile, very few shinigami were really interested or had the talent for Kido. 

But Hakuda and Hoho? Those skills were basically the most fundamental skills necessary for survival on the battlefield. 

For him, those two skills were the noblest ones. 

That's why, as a member of the noble Fon family, he couldn't accept this student. 

"Satoru Gojo!" 

He bellowed with clear anger in his voice. His gaze, directed on the student lying down on the grass seemed to spit fire. 

Yawning, Satoru stretched for a little while before standing up. 

"Hello, teach. What brings you to me on such a beautiful morning?"

His nonchalant answer nearly made Kairo have a stroke. 

Taking a deep breath, he continued in a calmer tone, "Student Satoru Gojo. Explain to me, why did you not come to class today?" 

Gojo lowered his black glasses as he stood up. Those glasses had been made for him after he explained his needs. Like his pair on earth, they were nearly opaque for anyone but him. 

Looking at the prof, he sighed as he said," You are a good professor. But your class ain't for me."

Gojo was serious. Even though some of the noble students looked down on the commoners from the Rukongai, there was no outright bullying or conflict. 

It was easy to understand. The nobles had no control over the Gotei 13 and it wasn't uncommon for people of the Rukongai to become seated officers. 

No smart noble would bother someone who could potentially become someone great. 

The same went for the professors. Even though many of them were nobles, they did not treat the students differently. 

The man in front of him was a dedicated teacher who, aside from an excessive pride in what he taught, didn't have any bad traits. 

Gojo understood that the man was acting in justified anger, but this did not change his opinion on the matter, 

"Teach, I will be honest with you. There's really nothing I can learn from you anymore."

Shunpo was a very impressive art. It was so impressive that it was frightening. 

In his free time, meaning every time he ditched class, he had researched the feats of some of the present and past captains in the soul society, and all he could say was one word. 

Badass. 

One of the greatest feats of speed he read was a technique derived from the Shunpo called speed clone. 

Realistically speaking, for a human to create a speed clone with basically no blur, they would have to move at about Mach 3 at minimum.

In the information he obtained, it seemed that Soi Fon was able to produce more than ten clones at the same time. 

He shuddered just at the thought of the speed necessary for such a feat. 

If he had fought against her back then, Rikugan or not, she would have wiped the floor with him. 

Now though, 'Well, at least I should have a chance to fight without being humiliated.'

He was thinking so when from the corner of his eyes, he could see the teacher use Shunpo. 

Compared to the inexperienced mobs of the 2nd division who he fought previously, he was clearly much faster. 

Still, 

'Too slow.' 

He easily avoided and moved behind the teacher while sending a hit. 

Blocking it with his arms, Kairo immediately grabbed Gojo's fist and sent another punch. 

Even though it was quite an awkward position, Gojo didn't try to avoid the punch but rather countered with one of his own. 

Just as it was about to connect, a grin formed on his face, 

<<Black flash>>

Black lightning gathered on his fist while the air itself seemed to explode from the release of power. 

Kairo's expression changed, he knew that if their punch connected in this situation, losing his arm would be the least of his worries. 

But just as it was about to happen, he received a low kick from Gojo and was propelled a few meters away from him. 

"Hehe~! Seems like I won."

Giving a V sign of victory, he grinned before walking away. 

"Wait!" 

"Hum? What is it, Teach? You want another bout?" 

Kairo didn't answer the taunt. His expression looked as if he had seen a ghost. 

"That Hakuda technique… Who taught you it?" 

He was extremely surprised at Gojo's skills in Shunpo. But that last technique... 

"Hmm? No one taught me."

"Impossible!! You mean you created it yourself!?" 

"Hehe! In a way, you could say so." 

Copyright could go fuck itself. It wasn't like the creator of black flash could come to complain right? 

"Well, teach, I should have shown you that I really don't need to follow your class. So see ya. I have a date with a beautiful girl wearing glasses."

Waving his hand, he began to walk away before stopping, "Also teach, this isn't Hakuda, but Jujutsu."

"Jujutsu…" 

Kairo murmured the weird name while sinking deep in thoughts. 

That technique he used, he couldn't be mistaken, it was eerily similar to another technique he knew the existence of. 

"Shunko."

It was the highest form of Hakuda. A technique that fused Hakuda and Kido and produced a powerful gust of winds covering the arms and back of the user. A technique created and developed by the current captain Soi Fon. (E/N: Yoruichi wants to claim copyright.)

Even though there were some differences, the similarities were too great to ignore. 

"I need to report it to captain Soi Fon."

----

Gojo, who did not know about the existence of Shunko, was humming quite happily. 

During those two weeks, thanks to Nanao's lessons, his knowledge of Kido had continued to grow steadily. 

What's more, she had taught him all the Hado and Bakudo from #1 to #60. 

Even though she had mastered up to #70, she had refused to teach him those techniques since only seated officers had the right to learn Hado above 60.

Since Gojo didn't want to create problems for his benefactor, he didn't insist and began the process of creating jujutsu in the soul society. 

For this, <<Black flash>> and <<Divergent fist>> had been the ones he chose as an experiment. 

While Divergent fist was just a crude release of cursed energy. Black flash was a more intricate technique that required an extreme control of cursed energy. 

Black flash was a technique that created spatial distortion when a user connects with an impact of cursed energy within 0.000001 seconds of a physical hit. The phenomenon causes cursed power to flash black. 

Because of this stringent requirement, even when he was alive, he was never able to maintain or use continuously black flash. 

At the same time, he had never really tried hard, since he simply did not need this technique when he was alive. 

Finally, that technique only brought a 2.5 times increase in strength. 

For people like Yuji who already had insane physical strength. Black flash was like giving wings to a tiger. 

But for him, it had been useless, at least when he was alive. 

Feeling the tingles in his arms, he couldn't help but smirk. 

'Reiryoku is really superior to Cursed technique.'

The increase brought by his black flash was far above what he had expected. 

'About five times.'

This was simply insane. The best? 

'This isn't the limit.'

What made him really happy wasn't black flash itself, but the realization that any cursed technique he used with Reiryoku would be far stronger than the original version. 

If so, 

'What would happen when I manage to recreate Limitless?' 

He shivered in excitement just at the thought. 

----

(AN: Just to be precise. The Fon family is, in reality, the Feng family, and Soi-Fon is in reality, Sui Feng. I don't know why her name was changed in Japanese in some adaptations. But I am too used to Soi-Fon so I will use it. Now about Shunko. Soi Fon did indeed create it on her own. But Yoruichi was the first to create it. Because of this, their Shunko are fundamentally different. Soi Fon's Shunko is based on wind. While Yoruichi's Shunko is based on lightning. The black flash from jujutsu looks like the Shunko of Yoruichi, just that black flash only boosts strength, while Shunko boosts speed and strength meaning that Shunko is vastly superior. Seems like the author took some inspiration from it.)

246