CH 171: YAMMY AND ULQUIORRA
3.3k 2 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Las Noches]

"Hah~I am bored! When will those so-called enemies appear?"

"Hey! Be careful with what you are saying. Aizen-sama ordered us to keep guard."

In front of the gate of Las noches, two Arrancar of a rather low rank were busy discussing.

The problem of the matter was the current high tension that was getting on their nerves slowly but surely.

"I mean. It has already been two months, right? Aside from attacking Lord Nnoitra and Lord Neliel, nothing much happened."

"Huh. You forgot those rumors about the so-called sword demon that had appeared in the south?"

The arrancar that was complaining shut up.

Indeed, while nothing much happened, every now and then the number of Arrancar 

would go down.

At first, no one understood what was happening but with a few survivors there and here, they were able to piece some clues.

A crazy man.

A man with bells in his black hair.

A man that was more terrifying than a hollows.

A man that was more bloodthirsty than a Vasto Lorde.

Such a man…

"It's only a rumour. I don't believe that this guy exist."

"But what about the dead then?"

"How would I know!? Perhaps they were eaten by some other hollows?"

The two of them were about to enter another heated discussion when they suddenly felt a chill on their back.

Straightening their back and adjusting the hold on their swords, the two acted like proper guard but were completely ignored by the two men that were walking out.

'Espada.'

Their breath hitched when they recognized the two of people.

Espada #10 Yammy Llargo

Espada #2 Ulquiorra Cifer 

'Did they hear us?'

'They heard us, right?'

'Are we fucked?'

The two guards spoke with their eyes but thankfully for them, until the moment those two left, they never spared a glance at them.

This was the first time those two guards felt how good it could be to be ignored by those in power.

—--

"Why did you stop me?"

Like what the two guards thought, they really were near death. If Ulquiorra hadn't stopped Yammy then, nothing would have been left of them.

"Killing them is not only a waste of time but would only reinforce the unease in the hearts of the soldiers. This is an extremely bad way of using those resources. Highly inefficient."

"... Hum. Well, if you say so."

Yammy snorted but didn't insist. Amongst all of the Espada, the only one able to 'tame' Yammy like this was Ulquiorra. Not even Aizen inspired this much respect in him.

In his opinion, Ulquiorra was the ultimate form of what a warrior should be.

"Either way, don't you think we should do something?"

"Simple, kill the rumour. No rumours, no unease?"

Even for Yammy who hated to think too much, the solution of Ulquiorra was clearly a little too simple.

But…A wide ferocious smile formed on his face, 

"I have eaten more than enough during those two months. I am bursting with energy. What do you say? Let's hunt that sword demon or whatever?"

Ulquiorra stopped for a few seconds as he considered the implications that would follow and finally nodded once he was sure that nothing would go wrong.

"Let's kill that sword demon."

There was nothing to fear. No matter how strong the enemy was, could he be stronger than the two of them?

It was with such a mindset that the Espada #2 and #10 rushed toward the place where their target had last been sighted.

They held supreme confidence in their power and could in no way see how they could lose.

—-

"Weak."

The sound of splash sounded while the white desert of Hueco Mundo was dyed red.

Standing up not far behind, Grimmjow looked as Zaraki dispatched another Arrancar.

"Hey! Cat face! I believe I asked where I can face strong opponents."

Grimmjow grimaced but did not complain. Ever since he had been captured by Kenpachi, he had been sending the bastard to different danger zones in the vain hope of destroying him.

But all of this had proven to be fruitless.

"I already told you to capture Espada if you want to fight so much."

"I can't. Espadas are like super rare food near extinction. Gotta savour them carefully."

Grimmjow groaned, as a battle maniac himself he understood where Zaraki was getting at and this was why it was all more the more confusing.

Grimmjow remembered the day of Nnoitra defeat.

During the fight, Zaraki had been rather frightening but that was all. 

Still…The moment Nnoitra tried to attack the pink-haired little girl that seemed to be stuck on his back….Grimmjow swore that even the most frightening Hollow would pale in comparison to that man.

Like a shura from hell, he moved at a min boggling speed and crushed Nnoitra as if the high-ranked Espada was but a child facing the wrath of a bear.

It was brutal.

With the face of an Ashura, Zaraki tore apart, slashed, crushed and reduced Nnoitra in nothing but a bloody mess.

After witnessing this, Grimmjow had given up on life totally for he knew that he had no chance of ever winning.

Still, he did not give up and tried to transform to at least die an honorable death but it was there that Zaraki surprised him, 

"Follow me and guide me."

Grimmjow did not know what took him over then.

Was it the chance of survival?

Perhaps so but Grimmjow didn't fear death as such it wasn't the complete reason.

If he had to be honest, it was because Zaraki was strong.

Not an incomprehensible strength like Gojo and Aizen, but rather the kind of strength that made your blood boil and wish to fight even if a little more.

Grimmjow recognized this strength and admired it. 

This was why he accepted.

Of course, if he was asked, Grimmjow would only snort and proclaim to have been coerced. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Anyway, with all those you killed, some Espda are bound to come after you."

"Heh, as long as they are stronger than the previous one, everything is alright."

Zaraki looked at the horizon with hope etched on his face. He truly hoped that he wouldn't get disappointed.

Meanwhile, a little further in Hueco Mundo, after a few months of meditation…Gojou was finally opening his eyes again.

----

AN: I am participating at a contest. Fantasy Festival. The story is called Midnight Prince. some of my old readers might know it as Netori Prince previously. A story I had in mind for two years now. Give a try. I hope you will like it.

Here link: 

https://www.webnovel.com/book/midnight-prince_24908760405236305 would appreciate it if you could give reviews and put it in your collection.)

43